Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies for Adapting Response to Intervention Techniques to Strengthen the Literacy of Your English Language Learners
Presented by Judy Lynch
Specifically Designed for ELL Teachers, Reading Specialists, Reading Recovery Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Administrators, Principals, and Instructional Assistants Who Work with ELL Students in Grades K-6
How to adapt the most effective RTI interventions to support ELL students who need additional help in reading and language arts
- Highly effective ways to use an RTI-tiered model to provide appropriate classroom instruction and interventions for English learners
- A wealth of classroom-proven literacy strategies to accelerate the academic success of ELL students in the general education classroom
- Differentiate instruction to focus on English learners before they fall too far behind
- Model lessons, classroom video clips and an extensive ELL/RTI resource handbook filled with dozens of practical ideas, strategies and activities that you will use for years
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This new seminar will focus on the practical elements needed for you and your school to use Response to Intervention with English learners. Master Teacher and national literacy consultant, Judy Lynch, is passionate about teaching English learners and working with their parents. She will provide you with proven intervention strategies in reading for your students from diverse backgrounds.These ideas will give you fresh resolve and powerful approaches to meeting the needs of your students as you differentiate reading instruction. You will gain new insights as you hear and see demonstrations modeling the interventions needed to support your ELL students before they fall too far behind.
Judy will share classroom-proven and intervention ideas to actively engage K-6 English language learners having difficulty with reading and writing. You will learn ready-to-use methods for teaching the most effective comprehension strategies, vocabulary techniques, interactive phonics appropriate to each grade level, and fluency. You will be able to pick and choose which literacy interventions to use with whole groups or small groups as part of your RTI framework. In addition, narrowing the achievement gap for English learners takes a team effort, and throughout the day you will be provided with ideas for individual teachers, grade-level teams and whole school efforts.
You will leave this not-to-be‑missed seminar with a resource handbook filled with literacy-building materials that will help you implement these RTI intervention strategies immediately with your English learners when you return to your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Accelerate the Reading Success of Your English Learners Using the RTI Model
Highly effective strategies and lessons you can use immediately with your struggling ELL students in the RTI framework … Practical, research-based ideas proven to accelerate the reading achievement of your ELL students in grades K-6
- Intervene with Your ELL Students Before They Fall Too Far Behind
Highly practical methods to help you identify and support struggling ELL students BEFORE they fall too far behind … Specific steps for monitoring progress and reading for your struggling ELL students earlier and more effectively
- Use the Most Effective Interventions to Differentiate and Impact ELL Student Learning
Match specific interventions to the unique needs of ELL students … Innovative approaches for implementing these interventions without taking undue planning or instruction time
- Incorporate RTI into Your Daily Schedule
Practical and sensible ways to identify resources, reconfigure assignments and implement RTI for ELL students without unreasonable demands on your time and energy … All the strategies are ideal for those new to RTI or who have experience with the process
- Plan and Develop Word Work Activities that Reach English Learners at Their Level
Word-Learning, Word-Making and Word-Solving strategies will provide interactive, differentiated lessons ready for your classroom … Learn from the designer of the Word Solver’s Tool Kit and see making words lessons that are appropriate for kindergarten through sixth grade English learners
- Acquire Instructional Interventions that Work Most Effectively with English Learners
Learn ways from the latest research on how to make English texts more comprehensible for whole group or small group settings … These modifications can be easily used by classroom teachers as well as Title I Staff, Reading Coaches, Special Education Staff, and Interventionists
- Link Assessment and Instruction for ELL Students
Practical ways to adjust instruction based on your ELL students’ needs … Highly effective methods for positively intervening with your students and accelerating their literacy learning BEFORE they fall too far behind
- Include the Super Six Comprehension Strategies in Your Tiered Instruction for RTI
Use the Super Six Comprehension Strategies to increase your English language learners’ comprehension in every grade level and in whole group or small group settings … Easy-to-use methods for use in all the tiers
- Build Vocabulary and Fluency Instruction with Interactive Lessons that are Fun and Engaging for Your Students Who are English Language Learners
Learn research-based, vocabulary-building skills that really work for struggling readers and English learners … Learn the three tiers of vocabulary words and which to teach to your English learners … How to teach fluency from oral to text reading with phrasing and expression
- Achieve Greater Success with All Your English Language Learners in Grades K-6
RTI helps determine the level of intervention needed for students who are English language learners, from the less intense intervention to those at the highest tier … Discover how to most effectively use ideas, strategies and activities based on the RTI model to support your ELL students who are struggling
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
How to intervene with English language learners before they fall too far behind in their literacy development
- The key components of an effective RTI framework and specific steps to achieving high levels of success with your ELL students
- Highly effective ways to boost your ELL students’ learning using targeted interventions in the RTI framework
- Specific resources you can use to develop highly effective interventions that can dramatically increase your
- English language students’ success BEFORE they fall too far behind in their literacy development
- How to utilize the essential elements of the RTI framework to support your ELL students who need extra help in reading
- Practical ways to incorporate the most recent research-based interventions to strengthen your literacy instruction for English language learners in grades K-6
- How to improve your ELL students’ reading skills (and test scores!) through differentiated instructionallessons designed specifically for grades K-6
- Time-efficient methods for documenting and monitoring student progress using the RTI model
- Lessons and methods that help motivate even your most reluctant English language learners
- Powerful RTI strategies to strengthen your lessons to meet the needs of all your struggling ELL students
- Outstanding techniques for incorporating recent brain and learning research to enhance your lessons and increase your ELL students’ academic literacy success
- How to design “just right” interventions for all students in grades K-6 that will have the most positive impact on their learning
- The most powerful, scientifically supported activities for teaching the key elements of literacy in grades K-6
- Specific ideas for accelerating the vocabulary development of your ELL students in grades K-6
- Key steps to take when more intensive intervention is needed for your English language learners
- How to use the Super Six Comprehension Strategies to help all your ELL students develop their comprehension skills
- Ideas for using RTI to improve literacy in grades K-6 – whether you are at the beginning stages of implementation or experienced at using the RTI model
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We are all impacted by the growing number of students for whom English is their second language. In 1990, they were one in 20 public school students. Ten years later the ratio is 1 in 9 and demographers estimate in 20 years it might be 1 in 4. Let’s move past the problems and spend a day focusing on solutions based on the Response to Intervention framework. We can narrow the achievement gap in our classrooms and school-wide with research-based literacy strategies that differentiate lessons for our English learners … And Response to Intervention offers a powerful approach for ensuring that all our English language learners are successful.
I will share proven ideas based on the RTI model that will make best use of your precious time and staff resources. I have used them myself as a K-6 classroom teacher and everything I share will be practical and easy to implement because I will model how to do them, give you materials that are ready to use and show many strategies with classroom videos. This seminar is designed to provide you with practical strategies and activities that are both classroom‑based and research-driven … Who has time for any lessons that aren’t best practices? I want you to have the opportunity to pick and choose the strategies and methods that will work best with YOUR second language students in YOUR school.
Please join me for a day to reaffirm the powerful teaching you already do with English learners and add strategies, lessons and tools within the RTI framework that will make it all fit together. I promise you a fast-paced day with effective ways to help struggling ELL readers in your core curriculum and RTI interventions. You will walk away with dozens of useful and adaptable techniques to make all your English language learners successful. I can’t wait to meet you!
P.S. You will also leave with an extensive resource handbook filled with go-back-and-do ideas and strategies that we discuss throughout the day for all your English learners.
Who Should Attend
ELL Teachers, Reading Specialists, Reading Recovery Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Administrators, Principals, and Instructional Assistants who work with ELL Students in Grades K-6.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook, Practical Strategies for Adapting RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION Techniques to Strengthen the Literacy of Your ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS (Grades K-6), specifically designed by Judy Lynch for this seminar. The handbook includes:
Dozens of ready-to-use lessons and ideas for accelerating English learners’ literacy within the RTI framework
- “Nitty-gritty” tips for making and organizing literacy materials for your English learners
- Quick assessments to identify students’ strengths and target your instruction for use in the RTI model
- Designs for volunteer and parent training that make a difference
- Professional resources to extend your learning and save precious time
- Step-by-step practical ways to apply the latest research in comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and phonics with your English learners
- Choices for whole class and small group tiered literacy instruction to narrow the achievement gap in reading for English language learners
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using RTI-adapted techniques to enhance the literacy of their ELL students.
Judy Lynch will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.