Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Powerful iPad® Strategies and the Best Apps for Helping Your ELL Students
Presented by Ryan Doetch
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-8: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, ESL Teachers, ESL Assistants, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Media/Technology Specialists, and Administrators
- Outstanding iPad apps, activities and strategies that are practical, easy-to-use, free or inexpensive, and can be used immediately with your ELL students
- Best-of-the-best iPad apps for grades K-8 that support and engage ELL students
- Learn about free to low-cost apps and eBooks to help ELL students with reading, language, translations, foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, and vocabulary
- Receive an extensive, ready-to-use resource handbook filled with iPad apps, skill-building, engaging reading strategies, and practical instructional resources you can use immediately with your own English Language Learners
You are welcome, though not required, to bring your own fully charged iPad to the seminar.
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Whether you have one iPad or a class set, how do you use iPads in your classrooms to help English Language Learners? New apps appear on a daily basis, making it next to impossible to know which apps are the best to use. In this energized and dynamic NEW seminar, award-winning innovation teacher, trainer and international presenter, Ryan Doetch will share the most effective apps and the most engaging activities to support and help your English Language Learners. You will leave this high-energy seminar with dozens of innovative ideas on how to best use iPads to help your English Language Learners.
Ryan will demonstrate the most effective apps to strengthen academic achievement, and practical ways to utilize iPads with ELL students in literacy instruction. Whether you are new to iPads or have already started implementing iPad instruction in your classroom, you will find numerous ideas, strategies and apps you can use immediately. Whether you have one iPad or multiple iPads, you will gain valuable activities and strategies for making the best use of free and low-cost apps to motivate, engage and support your English Language Learners.
All participants will leave with an extensive and comprehensive resource handbook listing outstanding iPad apps and strategies that you can immediately put to use to motivate and inspire your English Language Learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Best of the Best Apps to Help Your English Language Learners
Ryan has done the legwork for you! Discover the best reading apps that support English Language Learners and helps them in developing the necessary literacy skills so vital for school success
- Powerful Instructional Strategies that Utilize iPads to Support English Language Learners in Reading
Learn how to best utilize iPads to enhance your instruction for English Language Learners in reading … Powerful creative strategies, interactive textbooks, literacy apps, and interactive academic games that will engage English Language Learners and enhance their literacy learning
- From Phonics to Final Drafts, There’s an App for That
Learn about the best, free to low-cost apps to help English Language Learners with language acquisition, foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, language, and vocabulary in grades K-8
- Encourage/Maximize Student Participation and Engagement with iPads
Discover highly effective apps and strategies best used to support essential skill acquisition and differentiation of instruction for English Language Learners
- Enhance Your Current Lessons into Dynamic, Interactive and Fun Lessons
Become familiar with apps and resources that enhance the iPad’s engaging and interactive lesson applications … Integrate a higher level of student activity into your instruction, a key to engaging and helping your English Language Learners find success in school
- Take it to the Next Level … Learn Practical Ways to Use iPads with Your Reading Lessons
Dozens of highly effective reading apps, iBooks® and activities that support busy professionals in meeting the needs of their diverse learners … Learn about the best literacy apps and research-based strategies that can be integrated immediately into any existing reading program
- Inspire Your English Language Learners to Think in New Ways
Take your reading lessons to the next level by learning how to customize your students’ learning experience and learning how to create your own interactive materials to support your English Language Learners before they fall too far behind
- Use Your iPad to Balance Your Workload
Take strategies and apps back to your classrooms that are easy to access, easy to follow and easy to apply
- Work Creatively to Implement Innovations in Skill Development for ELL Students
Learn from real teachers about how to replace traditional learning processes and products with innovative techniques and lessons that will especially appeal to your English Language Learners
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with apps, engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, ideas, tutorials, and resources for the iPad that can be used immediately to enhance your reading lessons. You will also receive a link to my website with resources and templates that can be downloaded and used immediately in the classroom.
iBook® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Free and inexpensive apps to use with your English Language Learners in reading
- The best ways to use iPads to motivate and engage English Language Learners
- Ways to use iPads as a powerful tool to significantly improve student literacy
- Step-by-step demonstrations on apps to use with English Language Learners that are easy to access, easy to follow and easy to apply
- Learn how to use the iPad to create powerful support lessons for English Language Learners who need extra instruction and practice
- Powerful ways to use the iPad and apps to engage English Language Learners in writing
- The most effective apps to help students with reading, language acquisition, foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, language, and vocabulary
- Dozens of outstanding ideas for using iPads to significantly enhance ELL students’ literacy
- Reading apps and iBooks to use with students to help close the achievement gap of English Language Learners
- Innovative ways to transform your classroom environment into a 21st century learning laboratory where learning is differentiated, innovative and engaging
- Design lessons utilizing iPad technology to engage and support your English Language Learners
- Effective and exciting apps to boost your English Language Learners’ confidence and motivation to learn
- Practical and timesaving techniques for implementing and using iPads in the classroom
- Effective ways to motivate English Language Learners so reading is exciting, fun and not perceived as work
- Additional resources, apps and websites to download for immediate use in the classroom
- Ways to differentiate lessons with iPads to support individual students and small groups of students who need interventions or enrichment
- Tips for educators with one iPad or classrooms with multiple iPads
- Apps and activities that can be used in guided reading groups, small groups, whole class, and by individual students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I hope you agree with me when I say today is an exciting time to be an educator! We have at our disposal and incredible amount of technology that truly enhances the learning experiences of our students, if utilized to its fullest capability. One such technology is the iPad.
I think you will also agree, reading is the key to success in school. When ELL students struggle, there is a great danger that they fall further and further behind in academic achievement. There is no question that technology is a common element in most children’s lives. In today’s high-tech world, iPads are now being used more and more in classrooms all over the world. This amazing instructional tool has the potential to generate more student interest, higher motivation, and stronger learning results, especially for English Language Learners.
I have designed this seminar to help you use your iPad to better support your English Language Learners’ academic achievement. I will share with you how the most powerful apps and engaging activities, combined with the best research-based strategies, will enhance the key components of effective skill development. My goal is for you to leave with the knowledge and resources of this amazing piece of technology, so you can transform your literacy instruction into a more powerful learning opportunity for all your students, especially for your English Language Learners.
This seminar is designed for teachers who have one iPad or a classroom set and want to narrow down the list of apps to the most effective and engaging apps to help English Language Learners in grades K-8. You will receive a comprehensive list of the most effective apps, iBooks, strategies, and activities to maximize student participation during classroom instruction. As a classroom teacher who integrates the iPad into the curriculum on a daily basis, I have used the apps I will share and have experienced firsthand, the positive and incredible impact this technology has on both students and teachers. I have utilized numerous apps and strategies on ways to use iPad technology to help English Language Learners, and want to share my knowledge and resources with you.
I am genuinely excited to share my knowledge as I help you discover more features and apps that will fit into your busy schedules and can have a positive impact on your English Language Learners. We will spend the day covering topics such as: using the most effective apps to enhance literacy, motivating and engaging activities that integrate the iPad, strategies to motivate and support English Language Learners, incorporating technology into existing classroom lessons, and maximizing student participation with the iPad. I look forward to sharing a valuable and stimulating day with you!
P.S. Again, the focus of our day together will be on using the iPad to help English Language Learners and incorporating practical activities and strategies that enhance literacy instruction.
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-8: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, ESL Teachers, ESL Assistants, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Media/Technology Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Examples and directions on how to use iPads as a means to support English Language Learners
- Step-by-step demonstrations and directions on the most useful and effective reading apps to use with English Language Learners in grades K-8
- Dozens of innovative ideas for using iPads to meet the needs of your English Language Learners
- Access to Ryan’s interactive ideas and website
- Practical, timesaving techniques used to support your reading curriculum
- Innovative, new apps, activities and strategies that support your curriculum as well as new ways to use the iPad that you and your students will love
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather, than individual devices. You are welcome, though not required, to bring your own fully charged iPad to the seminar. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in powerful iPad strategies to enhance their programs.
Ryan Doetch will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.