Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Accelerating the Academic Literacy Skills of Your ELL Students (Grades K-8)
Presented by Nicole McNeil
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Students in Grades K-8: ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Have ELL Student Populations, Administrators, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, Coaches, Special Education Staff, and Interventionists
- Highly practical strategies and activities to enhance the English literacy skills and academic content instruction for ELL students in grades K-8
- The most effective practices to help your ELL students achieve greater success in literacy
- Proven strategies to significantly increase academic vocabulary, comprehension, language fluency, and reading and writing achievement
- Practical strategies and tools to significantly boost the literacy skills and confidence of ELL students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are searching for new and innovative strategies to accelerate the literacy skills and enhance academic content instruction for your ELL students, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this seminar award-winning ESL teacher and national presenter on effective instruction for ELL students, Nicole Teyechea McNeil, will share a wide variety of practical strategies for developing the academic English literacy of your ELL students while simultaneously providing them greater access to grade-level content language.
You’ll learn powerful tips to increase your ELL students’ motivation, interest, stamina, perseverance, and academic achievement. You will also use a variety of strategies to develop a positive growth mindset through the purposeful practice of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and thinking within all the content areas.
You will leave this seminar with an expanded toolbox of highly effective strategies to help you increase the success of your ELL students and an extensive ESL instruction resource handbook that will help you immediately implement them when you return to your classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Utilize the Most Effective Strategies for Teaching ELL Students
Learn how to efficiently implement the most effective strategies to increase the literacy achievement of your ELL students
- Significantly Increase Academic Vocabulary and Oral Conversation
Learn simple, yet highly effective tools to significantly increase the integration of vocabulary and comprehension using practical fluency strategies and proven interventions
- Create a Culture of Growth Mindset, Stamina and Perseverance with Your ELL Students
Learn valuable strategies to increase stamina, interest, motivation, and perseverance in your classroom … Discover how the “I can” and “I want to” attitude is extremely powerful in developing a love of learning and resilience
- Boost Reading and Writing Achievement and Maintain High Expectations for ELL Students
Learn innovative vocabulary, comprehension and interactive strategies to boost reading and writing achievement
- Strengthen and Build on Your Existing Academic Content Instruction to Make Adaptations for ELL Students
Target what your students really need and what you need to add or adapt to your existing content instruction … Here’s how
- Boost Literacy Achievements for ELL Students by Combining Powerful Strategies
Embed comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, and early literacy strategies into many lessons to boost the achievement of your ELL students
- Tap into Critical Thinking Skills of ELL Students
Use a wide range of comprehension and metacognitive questioning strategies to help your ELL students develop deeper levels of understanding while accelerating English skills
- Incorporate Rich Oral Language Development into Your Content Instruction and Beyond
Learn NEW ways to use oral language strategies to increase motivation, interest and the belief that ELL students are readers and writers across the curriculum
- Motivate Your ELL Students and Increase Academic Learning
Engage your ELL students with high-impact strategies that increase motivation and increase time-on-task … You may be surprised at how simple they are to implement!
- Receive an Extensive ESL Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a detailed ESL resource handbook packed with innovative ideas and ready-to-use strategies for maximizing achievement for your ELL students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The most effective intervention strategies that will increase the achievement of your English language learners
- Proven ways to significantly improve English literacy to increase academic achievement using highly effective strategies aligned with grade-level standards
- Innovative ways to engage your ELL students with high-impact strategies that increase motivation and time on-task
- How to support your English language learners as critical thinkers using a wide range of strategies for deeper levels of understanding
- How you can boost the literacy achievement of your English learners using proven strategies, scaffolding and a positive growth mindset
- Proven ways to significantly increase interest and motivation for your ELL students
- New strategies for your existing ESL instruction toolbox with a focus on building resilience and confidence for English learners
- A wealth of organizational strategies for your English learners to use immediately in your classroom and independently in the future
- Ways to incorporate multiple sources – digital media and text – to enhance literacy and increase motivation for English learners
- How you can create a learning environment of “I can” and “I want to” with your ELL students using the growth mindset research to enhance their expectations and resilience while developing academic English literacy
- Easy-to-implement, proven strategies to more fully engage your English learners
- The most useful resources that support the interests and needs of your English language learners
- Ways to increase reading achievement using a variety of metacognitive, cognitive and social-affective strategies
- Learn what “SKS” is and how it provides students opportunities to develop English literacy skills while learning grade-level content
- A variety of powerful, open-ended activities and strategies you can use with any content area
- Specific techniques for teaching English literacy for English learners while teaching grade-level content
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an ESL educator, I know I benefit most when learning is both practical and related to the specific needs of my ELL students. As a learner, I know my most memorable and meaningful learning experiences come from opportunities where I get to learn, share, reflect, and contribute to how the learning will work for my own classroom or position in education.
It is my goal as a presenter to engage you in making learning meaningful and applicable to your life in the classroom working with ELL students. I have found that many of the strategies that work in engaging students are the best strategies to model when presenting to teachers. In this seminar, you’ll have ample opportunities to build on and apply your existing strategies in a more effective way to increase English language skills and continue to build on grade-level learning opportunities to help close the achievement gap for your ELL students.
Throughout the seminar, I will share with you many proven ways you can teach grade-level content and develop English language skills simultaneously.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and sharing with you many practical strategies and useful resources you will be able to use immediately in your own classroom.
Nicole Teyechea McNeil, PhD
P.S. You will also receive an extensive ESL instruction resource handbook filled with numerous ideas and valuable, practical strategies to assist in helping increase the English literacy and academic content instruction of your ELL students.
Who Should Attend
Educators in Grades K-8: ELL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Have ELL Student Populations, Administrators, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, Coaches, Special Education Staff, and Interventionists.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive ESL Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive ESL resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step descriptions of dozens of powerful strategies to successfully use with your ELL students
- Management and organizational tips to strengthen your learning environment for ELL students
- Easy-to-implement adaptations to immediately enrich your teaching and close the achievement gap
- Strategies to increase motivation, stamina, a positive “I can” and “I want to” attitude, and perseverance while tapping into the interests of your students
- Ways to build confidence in using English language to learn content for your ELL students
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet with other ESL educators interested in advancing the literacy skills and academic achievement of their ELL students.
Nicole Teyechea McNeil will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your ESL program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.