Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Reducing Recurring Classroom Behavior Problems With Difficult, Disruptive and Non-Compliant Students
Presented by Patricia Wells
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-12 Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Support Personnel, Title I Staff, and Instructional Assistants
- Practical strategies that will improve the behavior of disruptive students and create a more energized, orderly and productive classroom
- Shut down behavior problems before they escalate into bigger issues … Use correction strategies and consequences to calmly respond to misbehavior and permanently change behavior
- Utilize proven classroom procedures that will boost on-task behavior and increase learning
- Avoid the critical mistakes educators often make when dealing with repeatedly disruptive students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this dynamic seminar, outstanding educator, experienced behavioral specialist and national presenter, Tricia Wells will show you how to create a more powerful and productive classroom learning environment where recurring discipline problems are significantly reduced and relationships and learning flourish. You'll learn proven ways to create more effective classroom procedures and use communication strategies to prevent problems, preparing students with the behaviors needed to be powerful learners with a strong work ethic.
You will learn practical strategies for teaching and encouraging those behaviors and procedures, moment by moment, without disrupting instruction. You'll learn how to better enforce your expectations and respond to recurring misbehavior using proven instructional approaches and effective consequences. This research-based approach affects positive behavior change without the use of penalties or punishment. It will increase your confidence and consistency when addressing recurring classroom discipline issues and set yourself up to maximize student learning and student satisfaction with your class.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Your Effectiveness When Working with Students Who Display Recurring, Challenging Behavior Problems
Learn a variety of practical, highly effective techniques that decrease repeated problem behaviors and build greater self-discipline
- Learn the Critical Components of a Prevention-Based Instructional Approach that Will Significantly Decrease Recurring Discipline Problems
Understand the critical components of a prevention-based approach to recurring discipline issues
- Immediately and Effectively Handle Non-Disruptive, Off-Task Behavior
Ignoring non disruptive, off-task behavior is a disaster waiting to happen … Learn effective strategies that will stop inappropriate behavior before it starts
- Develop Your Students' Social and Emotional Skills to Increase Self-Discipline
Reduce bullying, aggressive and non-compliant behavior … Increase students' skills in making constructive and respectful choices about their own personal behaviors and social interactions
- Utilize Proven Strategies to Motivate Permanent Changes in Student Behavior
Learn proven strategies and consequences to calmly respond to misbehavior resulting in permanently changed behavior
- Quickly Shut Down Rule Violations Before They Escalate into Bigger Issues
Learn proven ways to keep minor rule violations from escalating into major issues
- Effectively Respond to Power Struggles
Learn highly effective response strategies to defuse power struggles and foster stronger, more positive relationships with students
- Employ Proven Approaches that Will Motivate Your Students to Meet Classroom Expectations
Learn powerful approaches that will motivate your unmotivated students to improve their academic and behavioral performance … Teach your classroom expectations in an effective and efficient way
- Understand the Mistakes Educators Often Make When Working with Repeatedly Disruptive Students and How to Avoid Them
Avoid the most common management mistakes when dealing with your repeatedly disruptive students … Here's what every educator needs to know
- Receive an Extensive Discipline Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive discipline resource handbook filled with practical methods, ideas and research-based strategies to use when dealing with students who have recurring, difficult and disruptive behavior
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A proactive, prevention-based approach to discipline that results in increased instructional time and significantly reduce incidences of recurring, disruptive behavior
- Specific correction strategies to use when misbehavior occurs that result in permanently changed behavior
- How to help your students develop social-emotional skills essential to be respectful, responsible and engaged learners
- Ways to communicate positive expectations to ALL students
- Practical strategies that will motivate your disruptive students to improve their academic and behavioral performance
- How to effectively respond to minor misbehaviors before they escalate into significant disruptions
- Ways to respond effectively to rule violations by employing strategies that promote accountability
- Specific steps to head off your personal frustration that can sabotage relationships with students
- How to keep students more consistently on task and attentive during class time
- Practical, research-based strategies to prevent behavior problems and free yourself from the incessant need to correct behavior while increasing instructional time
- Proven strategies to increase student engagement, participation and academic achievement
- Ways to help students to develop greater self-discipline and executive functioning skills
- A deeper understanding of the critical role of teaching and relationships in behavior change
- How you can utilize behavioral descriptions, rationales and empathy to help reach misbehaving students
- Positive feedback strategies and tools to motivate students to follow your expectations and consistently perform at high levels
- Consequences that are easy to administer, personalized to the student and build upon restitution or restorative
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Nothing can undermine learning and classroom climate, not to mention teacher morale, more quickly than frequent disruptive behaviors. When they are recurring they can steal up to 50 percent of instructional time. Many teachers attempt to solve classroom discipline problems with rules and penalties, but these approaches do little to build the productive classroom environments that they seek.
Fortunately, classroom disruptions can be eliminated. The solution rests primarily in preventing problems before they start, not merely trying to suppress the behavior, with compelling classroom procedures, and then using relational strategies to teach, encourage or correct behavior swiftly. These research-based approaches ensure that procedures become routine. It's time to stop trying to control students and build attitudes, behaviors and relationships that support learning and lead to permanent behavior change.
I have guided hundreds of schools across the country to create unique, positive climates and cultures where respect and responsibility flourish and students feel welcome, safe and secure. I have an unrelenting commitment to today's youth, especially those who are troubled or troublesome by virtue of their behavior. I am also committed to helping schools utilize approaches that lead to the success of all students. Let me help you learn concrete strategies to create a well-disciplined classroom through a positive and proactive teaching approach I know really works.
P.S. The process, strategies and proven protocols I will be sharing in this seminar are research-based and have made a significant difference in hundreds of schools throughout North America.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades K-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Counselors, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Discipline Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive discipline resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A proven framework for understanding five key pieces of the discipline puzzle and how they unlock the power of instructional and relational approaches to behavior change
- Examples of classroom procedures as well as tools to help you develop quality procedures for your setting
- A social skills curriculum that will allow you to select social-emotional or executive functioning skills to meet your learners' needs
- Simple communication practices to be authentic with students and prepare your class for a collaborative approach to discipline and learning
- Strategies to respond calmly and swiftly to behavior, either positive or negative, to build desirable behavior without disrupting teaching/learning
- Guidelines on effective use of consequences, both positive and negative, for classroom behavior
- Simple strategies to teach your classroom procedures and social behaviors efficiently in an ongoing way to ensure student behavior aligns with those expectations
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their own classroom discipline program.
Tricia Wells will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your specific individual student and classroom discipline issues.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.