Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
REDUCING RECURRING BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS: Practical Strategies for Decreasing Repetitive, Difficult Behavior
Presented by Shayna Raphael
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-12
- Practical strategies that will improve the behavior of repeatedly disruptive students
- Implement more effective behavioral intervention supports that decrease time on behavior management and decrease attention-seeking behaviors
- Avoid the common mistakes educators make when dealing with repeatedly disruptive students
- Reduce disruptions and increase learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Teaching is not easy, and recurring disruptive behavior can take the joy right out of it. But the magic of teaching is learned with time and experience and heart. You have that! This NEW seminar will validate a lot of what you are doing and will offer you a variety of new and innovative ideas and approaches to enhance your students’ success. Learn how to get that repetitive misbehavior turned around! Plan to leave this seminar with a multitude of do-able strategies that you can use immediately in your classroom.
Join SHAYNA RAPHAEL for a day of learning specific teaching and learning nuances that will help you better connect to your students and significantly reduce those recurring behavior problems that can leave you feeling frustrated and drained. You will also leave the day with a menu of resources to choose from, and from that, you will be able to select those that work best for your context.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Better Respond to Recurring Behavior Problems
Practical strategies to improve the behavior of repeatedly disruptive students in your classroom
- Practical Strategies to Reduce Exclusionary Discipline
When implementing practices around social-emotional learning, exclusionary discipline decreases … Learn ways to create a more engaged and inclusive classroom
- Less Time on Discipline Means More Teaching Time
When behavior problems decrease, there is increased instruction time and better engagement … Learn how to increase instructional time in your classroom
- Practical Solutions to Increase Safety and Order in Your Classroom
When behaviors are managed, everyone feels safe in your classroom … Help your lessons run more smoothly and orderly
- How to Facilitate Strong Relationships with More Effective Responses to Misbehavior
Responding more appropriately and effectively builds better relationships with and among students and decreases your time spent dealing with problem behaviors
- Increase Engagement, Attendance, and the Disruption of Tardiness in School
Learn how to decrease disruptions and increase student engagement … Learn how to significantly improve your students’ ability to regulate their own behavior
- Discover the Reasons Behind Student Misbehavior
Learn the “why” behind misbehavior and how to use that to stop recurring behavior problems
- Avoid the Trap of Using Consequences That Are Actually Counterproductive
Learn more effective consequences that will yield better results with students who repeatedly disrupt your classroom
- Techniques to Help You Deal More Effectively with Students Who
Learn ways to communicate with students and change their behavior … Specific techniques that will work with your most disruptive students
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook for Reducing Recurring Behavior
Problems Designed Specifically for this Seminar
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with resources and practical strategies that you can put to work in your classroom immediately
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to help your students build stronger relationships and achieve greater success
- Outstanding strategies for Increasing learning and decreasing recurring discipline problems
- Specific ways to reduce exclusionary discipline
- Ways to communicate positive expectations to all students
- Teach your students how to self-regulate by changing their own thoughts
- Explore behavior management techniques with real-world, doable strategies that you can use in any classroom or learning environment
- Learn more productive ways to respond to student behavior that will help them de-escalate and get themselves back on track
- Effectively respond to minor misbehaviors before they escalate into significant disruptions at school
- Discover ways that recurring behavior serves as important communication and how to use this knowledge to increase student success
- Learn practical strategies for differentiated behavior instruction and intervention
- Enhance your students’ feeling of belonging with practical techniques to bring cultural responsiveness alive
- Find out how more confident students results in less stress for you
- Practical strategies for students and families to see decreased discipline referrals and positive academic growth
- Ready-to-use strategies for reducing recurring behavior that are transferable to any classroom
- Highly effective approaches that significantly improve the behavior of repeatedly disruptive students
- Increase your students’ positive social skills and ability to build better relationships
- Simple strategies to decrease anxiety and stress
- Strategies for helping your students move from external discipline to self‑regulation
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The world and the realm of teaching has changed, but students’ needs have not. Schools have evolved, and we are constantly evolving with the needs of our community and students. When it comes to being an effective teacher, nothing – NOTHING – comes ahead of safety and order. WE know that instruction is difficult if kids do not feel safe and wanted. Academic achievement is minimal when students do not feel welcomed and needed. There is little satisfaction or joy for teachers when students do not YET know how to be effective as students.
As a participant in this seminar, you will learn many easy-to-implement strategies and approaches to make your students’ school life better. And when their world is better, yours is better. You will learn how to better de-escalate. You’ll learn how to craft your lessons to include dynamic and successful interactions between you and your students, and just as importantly, you’ll be able to manage the interactions between students in meaningful ways that will increase their learning. You will learn how to eliminate that momentary response of frustration or even anger. You can significantly reduce behavior problems and increase student learning.
P.S. I know how valuable your time is, so my focus for the day will be on sharing practical strategies that work in today’s schools with today’s students.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of specific strategies for decreasing recurring behaviors
- Ready-to-use intervention strategies and lesson ideas
- Teacher-friendly templates and information to support your work with disruptive students
- Tips and tools for more effective communication that interrupts repeated misbehavior
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in reducing recurring behavior problems in the classroom.
Shayna Raphael will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.