Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Defusing Anger, Anxiety and Aggression: Improving Student Behavior
Presented by Jennifer Rogers
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Students in Grades K‐12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Paraprofessionals, Program Specialists, School Psychologists, and Administrators
- Highly practical instructional strategies to defuse negative behaviors and increase student learning whether you are teaching online or in-person
- Practical methods for reducing students' problematic behaviors while increasing their capacity to interact positively
- Specific intervention strategies to address anger, anxiety and aggression
- Practical proven tools that can help you improve student behavior for virtual or in-person learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you feeling the impact of the growing number of students displaying anger, anxiety and aggression? Do you spend too much of your day dealing with the disruptive behaviors of a handful of your students? Would you like to find strategies that can be easily implemented into your existing in-person or online program? If so, this NEW seminar was designed for you. Jennifer Rogers is a highly recognized national presenter, author and teacher who has worked with difficult and disruptive students.
With over 20 years of experience in schools, she brings specialized experience in developing and implementing of behavioral and social emotional programming and support for schools. Jennifer's extensive experience in K-12 classrooms brings to her seminars a practical perspective for managing and intervening with disruptive students who exhibit anger, anxiety and aggression. You will receive the comprehensive digital resource handbook, Defusing Anger, Anxiety and Aggression: Improving Student Behavior, filled with practical strategies, ideas and tools you can use the very next day with your challenging students.
You will leave this seminar re-energized, less stressed and ready to deal with challenging behaviors, whether you're working with students in-person or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Techniques to More Effectively Respond to Angry, Anxious or Aggressive Behavior
The best, high-yield practices specific to each of the challenging behaviors you face in your in-person or virtual classroom each day – anger, anxiety and aggression … Learn how to easily differentiate the behaviors and the techniques used to work with your most challenging students whether working in-person or online
- Updated Strategies to Proactively Manage Behaviors
Provide the most effective prevention strategies that impact student behavior … Decrease challenging situations in your virtual or in-person classroom
- Utilize Proven Procedures to Manage Anxiety, Anger and Aggressive Behaviors
Reach even your hardest students … Learn about the five crucial areas to manage that helps all of your students
- Proactive, Next-Day Ideas and Tools to Manage Strong Emotions
Improve regulation of emotions … Get better results from proactive strategies
- Avoid Common Mistakes When Working with Difficult Behaviors
Learn how you may be unintentionally reinforcing behaviors … Walk away with ready-to-use solutions to more effectively correct and redirect the behaviors
- Using a Trauma Sensitive Lens to Understand Disruptive Behaviors
Learn how trauma impacts your students and how it can manifest into behaviors that are challenging in your classroom … Expand your repertoire of tools
- Critical Elements of a Multi-Tiered System of Support
Expand your repertoire of Tier 1, 2, and 3 interventions designed specifically for students who are angry, anxious, or aggressive
- Build Positive Relationships and Impact Student Learning
Identify key components to building positive relationships with all of your students … Updated strategies for positively impacting student learning
- Increase Engagement and Motivation for ALL Students
Ready-to-use, time-tested engagement strategies that prevent poor outcomes with students
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical methods, ideas and research-based strategies to use when dealing with students who are angry, anxious or aggressive, whether working with students in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to promote skill development to help students manage their behaviors and reactions, whether working with students in-person or online
- Ideas to prevent social and physical aggression
- Avoid student triggers that exacerbate negative behaviors
- Effective strategies for working with students using a trauma-sensitive lens
- Easy-to-use problem solving processes to use in the classroom
- How to choose practices that work for YOUR strengths and match your setting – online or in-person
- Use brain-based strategies to enhance student attention and learning
- Numerous ideas for conversation starters to get to learn more about your students
- Strategies to help you work with students who are anxious
- Three keys to developing positive relationships with your students
- How to develop self-care strategies that work for you
- Practical ways to decrease difficult student behavior through classroom interventions
- Proven classroom-based techniques for managing anger
- Get better results from classroom expectations that work for ALL students
- Stress management tips for you and your students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an educator, I know firsthand how challenging our job has become because of the increase in anxiety, anger and aggression in our students. My collaboration with educators like you who are trying to teach students who are dysregulated led to the creation of this seminar. Students who react or overreact in ways that are unexpected cause a disruption to the entire class. Teachers often find themselves spending too much of their time managing one or a few students in the class and feel that the other students are not getting their attention. They also may feel unprepared to deal with the emotional outbursts of students. Not to mention they will likely have one or more students in their class who have mental health issues. If this sounds familiar, then I invite you to join me as I share practical techniques, strategies and tips you can immediately apply to improve student behavior.
Anger, anxiety and aggression may be disruptive in your class but they come from different sources and they require different tools. In this seminar, the keys to more effectively managing student behaviors related to anxiety, anger and aggression, whether you are teaching in-person or virtually, will be shared.
My goal for the day is for you to leave the seminar with many new, practical tools that can help you work with students who demonstrate anger, anxiety and aggression in the classroom or online. When we are faced with these challenges, we can feel defeated and burned out. This seminar is designed for you to walk away with strategies to improve student behaviors, increase positive interactions and to prevent burnout of hard-working teachers.
Please join me to strengthen your toolkit, avoid common pitfalls and leave with new resources. I am excited to help you add new strategies to help improve the behavior of your students!
P.S. You will leave this seminar with lots of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies as soon as you return to your school!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Paraprofessionals, Program Specialists, School Psychologists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies for dealing with challenging students including those who are angry, anxious or aggressive
- Teacher-tested, classroom-proven interventions for in-person or online teaching
- Relationship building lessons to improve engagement and motivation of your K-12 students
- Techniques for helping teachers develop strategies for dealing with challenging behaviors, whether working with students in-person or online
Jennifer Rogers will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.