Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies for Improving the Behavior of Attention-Seeking, Manipulative and Challenging Students
Presented by Cindy Jones
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-12
- Practical strategies for working successfully with attention-seeking, manipulative and challenging students, whether working with students in-person or online
- Classroom-tested strategies to motivate and engage students who take up valuable class time with attention-getting behaviors that disrupt their own and others’ learning
- Specific intervention strategies that work for students who try to manipulate adults and other students
- Dynamic ideas, tools and tips for improving students’ attitudes toward school and increase cooperation with teachers and their classmates
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Students with attention-seeking and manipulative behaviors are becoming more and more prevalent in our schools. These students are very difficult to reach and even more difficult to teach. They often exhibit severe and disruptive behavior patterns, infringe on others’ rights, disrupt the classroom or online learning environment, and stop their own learning as well as that of others. This outstanding seminar is designed to offer grades 1-12 educators powerful tools and techniques for changing students’ negative behaviors into positive, productive learning behaviors.
Cindy Jones, an exceptional educator and presenter, will share classroom-proven ideas, techniques and strategies that she has successfully used with her own students for many years. Her practical ideas and fun, interactive style will keep you excited and entertained as you learn valuable, new strategies that work in-person or online. You will leave this seminar with many highly effective and game-changing ideas you’ll be able to use immediately with your attention-seeking and manipulative students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Your Expertise in Working Successfully with Manipulative and Attention-Seeking Students in the Classroom or Online
Discover highly effective, classroom-proven strategies for decreasing defiant and attention-seeking behaviors … Strategies that really work!
- Learn Brain-Compatible Behavior Strategies that Influence the Behaviors of At-Risk Students
Gain specific methods that increase calm, attentive behaviors … Help all your at-risk students learn greater self-control and self-awareness
- Discover Ways to Help Students Gain Academic Success
Help students gain confidence to try and to grow academically … Enable students to become learners rather than disrupting learning for themselves and others
- Techniques to Help You Stay Out of Power Struggles, Whether You Are Working in the Classroom or Online
Verbal interventions that stop power struggles and arguing … Strategies you can use immediately
- Ways to Teach Your Students to Look at the Situation Clearly and Not Respond in Anger
Teach students to re-tool their faulty thinking and learn to make better choices … Help students gain more self-control
- Positive Ways to Maintain Classroom Authority While Building Positive Student Relationships
Learn how to stay in control of your own emotions so you can maintain confidence and authority to build positive teacher-student relationships
- Strategies for Working with Angry, Hard-to-Reach Parents
Learn proven strategies to help you gain parent support rather than resistance
- Techniques for Immediately Handling Disrespectful and Dangerous Behaviors
Effective strategies that will quickly end or defuse inappropriate behavior before it escalates
- How to Avoid Counterproductive Consequences and Promote Positive Behaviors
Changing behavior with therapeutic rather than punishing consequences … Why many consequences don’t work for attention-seeking and manipulative behaviors in the classroom or virtual setting
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical methods, ideas and techniques to use when working with students who are manipulative, attention-seeking and difficult
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Discover highly effective, classroom-proven strategies for decreasing defiant and attention-seeking behaviors, whether you are teaching in-person or online
- What motivates manipulative students and how you can help them get what they need in positive ways
- Specific techniques to use with ADHD and students with sensory issues
- Four types of student behaviors and how to specifically address them
- Create a safe and supportive classroom environment where students can learn and you can teach
- Strategies to help you be proactive and spend less time addressing difficult behavior
- Effective ways to stay emotionally neutral while working with difficult and defiant students
- Ways to state directives to gain students’ compliance in the classroom and online
- Practical ideas for helping your attention-seeking and manipulative students gain motivation and on-task behavior
- Down-to-earth, common-sense methods to effectively communicate with the most challenging students
- How to encourage positive change in students by facilitating, not punishing
- Ways to maintain your enthusiasm, energy and focus on teaching
- How to teach skills to replace the inappropriate behaviors that students exhibit
- Ideas to increase success in your classroom and keep all students engaged in learning
- How to effectively use relationships with students to solve problems and maintain a positive classroom or online learning environment
- A variety of behavior improvement forms that encourage students’ self-evaluation – behavior tally forms, contracts and goal setting
- Increase and maintain your joy of teaching while working with the most difficult, challenging students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Student behaviors are changing. Many students come to school or show up for online learning hurting, hostile, unmotivated, and uninterested in school. We, as educators, often spend 80% of our time with 20% of the class who are defiant, disrespectful and off-task. I invite you to join me for a highly practical seminar focused on strategies for attention-seeking, manipulative and difficult-to-teach students. During the day, you will discover many new ideas for reaching even your most difficult and defiant students.
Many students act out because it has worked for them in the past. They either do not possess the appropriate skills to make good choices or have been reinforced for making the wrong choices. I have designed this seminar specifically for teachers, counselors, social workers, administrators, and school psychologists dealing with defiant and hard-to-reach students. The skills presented are ones I have gained through my own experience as an educator for over forty years and from interacting with many highly skilled educators. I have seen students who were engaged in constant attention-seeking behaviors to those with severe physical aggression change and grow when the correct intervention skills were applied.
My goal for the day is for you to leave the seminar with many new, practical tools that can help you with addressing student behaviors that threaten to stop our teaching, interfere with our students’ in-person or online learning and steal your joy as an educator. Please join your colleagues and me for an exciting day filled with practical and creative strategies for changing the lives of your students and refilling your teacher toolbox.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with dozens of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies in your classroom or distance learning setting!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators serving grades 1-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- The four most common types of difficult student behaviors and effective strategies for working with each, whether working at school or online
- Teacher-tested verbal interventions that keep teachers in control and out of power struggles
- How to keep students engaged and motivated to achieve rather than to manipulate
- Practical ideas for working with inattentive and hyperactive students
- How to teach students the social skills that they are lacking
- Strategies for working with parents who are angry and uncooperative
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strategies for improving their students’ behavior.
Cindy Jones will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.