Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS: Practical and Evidence-Based Strategies to Address Challenging Behaviors
Presented by Linda Davidson
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, School Psychologists, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, Program Specialists, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA) interventions and practical strategies to support effective instruction and management of students who exhibit behavior challenges
- Minimize and reduce challenging behaviors using ABA principles and practical, evidence-based behavior strategies
- Learn to manipulate the environment to proactively eliminate triggers and extinguish target behaviors
- Develop Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP) based on data, perceived functions, functionally equivalent replacement behaviors, and intervention strategies
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join Linda Davidson and your colleagues for a day devoted to understanding and implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and other practical, evidence-based strategies with your students who have difficult and challenging behaviors. In this comprehensive, hands-on seminar, you will learn evidence-based practices and practical strategies that are based on the time-proven principles of ABA and continue to be effective for today’s technology-driven students.
In this comprehensive seminar, you will acquire tools for collecting and using data, learn to identify target and replacement behaviors along with practical, evidence-based strategies that go hand in hand with the principles of ABA. In addition, easy-to-use strategies will be shared that can be incorporated in your classroom immediately.
Whether you’re a veteran or at the beginning of your career, Linda will answer your questions, provide valuable strategies and help you solve your everyday behavior problems and enhance instruction. You will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of practical ideas, forms and resources that you will be able to use immediately and share with your colleagues.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn to Implement the Basic Principles of APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA) to Reduce Problem Behaviors
Learn how to utilize specific ABA principles (behavior functions, reinforcement, discrete trials, prompting, shaping, chaining, etc.) in your classroom to make positive changes in students who have learning or behavior issues
- Expand Your Repertoire of Practical Strategies for Working with Students Who Exhibit Behavior Issues
Evidence-based, easy-to-use strategies to reduce difficult and disruptive behaviors and increase more appropriate ones
- Understand the Functions of Behavior to Select Functionally Appropriate Replacement Behaviors
Learn how to identify the cause of a student’s behavior and how to select the best replacement behavior … It is challenging to eliminate an inappropriate behavior without understanding the cause of the behavior
- Technology Tools to Support APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS Practices
Discover numerous apps and tools to make your job easier … Resources you won’t want to miss!
- Acquire De-Escalation Techniques
Specific strategies to de-escalate and reduce the intensity of crisis behaviors and avoid reinforcing behaviors so they are less likely to reoccur
- Low-Prep, Next-Day Ideas and Tools for Working with Behavior Problems
Sample forms, tools and checklists you can use immediately … Hands-on practice and materials to successfully implement key components of ABA
- Promote Self-Regulation with Proven, Evidence-Based Strategies Incorporating APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS
Build and add to your toolbox of strategies to create individual and classroom management plans that teach and support the development of pro-social skills
- Manipulate the Learning Environment to Reduce Disruptive Behavior
Make positive, yet simple changes in routines, physical arrangement and instruction to proactively address inappropriate behaviors … Changes to reduce and stop problems before they start
- Collect and Use Behavior Data in Meaningful Ways
Strategies for collecting and using data to make better decisions about individual students … Ways to make data meaningful and relevant
- Discover How to Utilize Reinforcement
Learn to conduct a reinforcement assessment, identify numerous types of reinforcers, schedule their delivery and demystify positive vs. negative reinforcement … Reinforce the behaviors you want to increase
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies to increase students’ success in school and reduce behavior concerns
- Practical, evidence-based strategies to increase positive student behavior
- Resources for collecting and making data meaningful
- Highly effective ways for identifying, evaluating and changing social and academic behaviors
- Resources and materials to successfully implement key components of ABA
- Evidence-based, easy-to-use strategies to reduce difficult and disruptive behaviors
- Practical de-escalation strategies to prevent behavior from intensifying or resurfacing
- Identify the causes of a student’s behavior and how to select the best replacement behaviors
- Proactive and easy changes in routines, physical arrangement and instruction to address inappropriate behaviors
- Simple changes to reduce and stop problems before they start
- Apps, forms and checklists for efficiency
- Extensive list of grade-appropriate reinforcers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Today’s learner comes to us with a wide variety of experiences and behaviors that can impede their learning and disrupt their fellow learners. Good teaching strategies, such as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), are highly effective with these learners. ABA holds a well-earned reputation as an evidence-based methodology for changing and improving learning and behavior. Many of us are familiar with ABA but need practical ways to implement it in our ever-changing and busy classrooms. This seminar is designed to help you do that in the most proficient of ways!
I am excited and honored to spend the day with you sharing practical ways to create the best behavior management system and learning environment possible using the principles of ABA and other evidence-based practices. I have developed this seminar to enhance your understanding of antecedents, consequences, functions of behavior, replacement behaviors, and how to collect and analyze data. You will gain numerous strategies to address learning and behavior, and ways to manipulate the environment to promote positive behaviors.
I am excited to give you a toolkit filled with strategies for developing classroom and individual behavior management plans. These resources will assist in the creation of learning environments that support and teach pro-social skills and promote self-management through the use of evidence-based practices. You will also learn simple, yet highly effective ways for identifying, evaluating, and changing social and academic behaviors. All of this and more in an engaging, multi-media, fast-paced day!
Linda J. Davidson, Ph.D.
P.S. You will receive an extensive handbook and set of resources written specifically for this seminar, filled with strategies and resources you can use immediately in your classroom and with individual students.
Who Should Attend
Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, School Psychologists, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, Program Specialists, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A glossary of terms with accompanying definitions of frequently used ABA words
- Resources for evidence-based strategies and programs that work well with ABA principles
- Examples of behavior management forms and data collection tools and techniques based on ABA
- Extensive list of reinforcers to support positive student outcomes
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical strategies for reducing problem behaviors in the classroom using ABA.
Dr. Linda Davidson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.