Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS:
Powerful Interventions and Strategies to Reduce Difficult and Challenging Behaviors
Presented by Jennifer Leese
Specifically designed for Educators working with Students in Preschool-Grade 12: General Education, Special Education Staff, Counselors, School Psychologists, Behavior Intervention Specialists and Teams, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, and School Leaders.
- Practical APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA) strategies and interventions to help you successfully manage students struggling with challenging behavior issues
- How to better strategize and intervene using APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS to pinpoint the triggers and signals of the disruptive and difficult behaviors you deal with in your classroom and school
- Learn how to develop a comprehensive plan to change behavior using the components of ABA
- Practical and realistic de-escalation strategies and techniques to prevent behaviors from moving to crisis and dangerous situations
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join Jennifer Leese for a strategy-packed day focusing on using APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA) to decrease the difficult and challenging behaviors you deal with daily. In this comprehensive, NEW seminar, you will learn how to put ABA into practice to reduce and eliminate difficult, disruptive and even dangerous behaviors and help students learn to manage themselves in more appropriate ways.
Discover how to develop, design and implement behavior plans that have detailed understanding of the antecedent, the behavior and the consequence, along with the function of the behavior, an essential element of ABA. In addition, numerous ideas will be shared including de-escalation strategies, preventative safety tips, creating environments to prevent challenging behaviors, reinforcers for positive behaviors, and suggestions for professionals from a variety of different disciplines who work together to collaborate in the assessment and implementation of a student’s behavior improvement plan.
You won’t want to miss this hands-on, interactive seminar to help you implement the key components of ABA in your classroom or school to help you solve the behavior problems you face every day.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies for Implementing the Components of APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA) to Reduce Problem Behaviors
Learn how to best use APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS to make positive and significant changes in the difficult behaviors your students bring to school … Practical ABA strategies and interventions you and your school team can use immediately
- Acquire De-Escalation Strategies and Techniques
Specific strategies to avoid making difficult situations worse while maintaining the dignity of the student … Help decrease the intensity of crisis behaviors and avoid reinforcing crisis behaviors so they do not become more likely to reoccur
- Expand Your Repertoire of Strategies for Working with Students Who Exhibit Challenging Behaviors
Research-based ABA strategies to reduce difficult, disruptive or dangerous behaviors and increase more appropriate ones
- Low-Prep, Next-Day Ideas and Tools for Addressing Challenging Behaviors
Hands-on practice and materials to successfully implement key components of ABA including sample forms, tools, checklists, and case studies you can use immediately
- Technology Tools to Support APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS Practices
Discover numerous apps and activities to support you in completing Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and developing Behavior Improvement Plans (BIPs)
- Identify the ABCs of APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS and Understand the Function of Challenging Behaviors
Pinpoint the antecedents including triggers and signals, state specific behaviors in observable and measurable terms and recognize consequences of learner behaviors … Collecting and using data in meaningful ways to make a difference
- Develop a Comprehensive Plan to Change Behavior
Create individual and classroom management plans that teach and support pro-social skills, identify, record, evaluate, and change social and academic behaviors
- Discover How to Effectively Reinforce Appropriate Behaviors
Learn numerous types of reinforcers and how to best deliver them … Recognize when you may be reinforcing negative behaviors
- Create a Safe and Therapeutic Environment to Prevent Challenging Behaviors
Make positive yet simple changes in routines, physical arrangement and instruction to reduce and prevent inappropriate behaviors
- Gain Preventative Safety Habits
Easy changes to reduce and stop problems before they start, including managing your own behavior
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Current, best Applied Behavior Analysis strategies to reduce difficult, disruptive and challenging behaviors
- Practical intervention strategies using ABA with students who struggle with behavior
- Develop individual and classroom behavior management plans that teach pro-social behaviors
- Easy-to-implement changes that will help stop potential problems
- Tips for managing your own responses to help de-escalate problem situations
- How to successfully pinpoint triggers and signals to challenging behaviors
- Technology resources to support your use of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ideas to identify, record, evaluate, and change social and academic behaviors
- Simple strategies to make positive changes in routines, physical arrangements and instruction to prevent and reduce inappropriate behaviors
- Collecting and making the best use of data to change behavior over time
- How to decrease the intensity of and avoid future recurrences of crisis behaviors
- Collaborating with a variety of school staff to develop and implement behavior plans
- Research-based ABA strategies to reduce difficult, disruptive and dangerous behaviors
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I know that today’s learners are coming to us with a variety of behaviors that not only impede their learning, but disrupt the learning of others around them. The science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) holds a well-earned reputation as a methodology for behavior change and can be used to prevent challenging behaviors, as well as reverse the momentary escalation and intensity of crisis behaviors. ABA, when used correctly and consistently, can make a big difference in helping our students learn to manage and change their disruptive behaviors so they can learn and get along in school and society. Isn’t that the goal we hope all our students will achieve?
I am excited to spend the day sharing dozens of practical strategies for creating a safe and therapeutic learning environment using the components of ABA. I’ve developed this seminar to help you identify specific antecedents, consequences and functions of challenging behavior, define challenging behaviors in observable and measurable terms, develop comprehensive plans to change behavior, monitor behavior to ensure success, and to provide you with low-prep, next-day ideas you can use immediately.
You will leave with a toolkit filled with strategies for developing classroom and individual behavior management plans to create learning environments that support and teach pro-social skills and promote self-management through the use of evidence-based programs. You’ll also gain simple, yet highly effective ways for identifying, recording, evaluating, and changing social and academic behaviors. You will be able to blend ABA principles seamlessly into your current school-wide system and learn procedures with corresponding checklists and technology resources for functional behavior assessments, observations and step-by-step behavior intervention plans. All of this and more in an engaging, multi-media, fast-paced day!
Jennifer Leese, Ed. D.
P.S. This day will be filled with practical strategies and resources you can use immediately in your classroom and with individual students.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with Students in Preschool-Grade 12: General Education, Special Education Staff, Counselors, School Psychologists, Behavior Intervention Specialists and Teams, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, and School Leaders.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Resources for evidence-based interventions and research-based programs to develop a comprehensive plan to change behavior using the components of ABA
- Technology resources for implementing ABA and developing FBAs and PBSPs
- De-escalation strategies and techniques to prevent behaviors from moving to crisis and dangerous situations
- Examples of classroom management forms, systems and data collection tools for implementing ABA
- Practical ideas to effectively reinforce appropriate behaviors for students with problems in emotional control, anger management, oppositional behavior and impulsivity, anxiety, and social skills deficits
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using Applied Behavior Analysis to reduce difficult and challenging student behaviors.
Jennifer Leese will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.