Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Effective Strategies for Working Successfully with Difficult Students and Challenging Behavior
Presented by Susan Jones
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, School Psychologists, Social Workers and Administrators
- Practical strategies to decrease disruptive, difficult and noncompliant behaviors whether you are working in-person or online
- How to implement successful, classroom‐proven ideas to de‐escalate problematic situations with challenging students
- A wealth of practical strategies that can help you transform disruptive, difficult and challenging students into a self-disciplined, cooperative, focused community of learners
- Specific redirection and intervention strategies to help challenging students stay focused on learning, both in-person and in distance learning
- Powerful strategies to reach and teach all students regardless of their negative attitudes and behaviors
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Do you feel like you are spending 80% of your time with 20% of your students? Are these 20% disruptive, defiant and your most difficult students? If so, you won't want to miss this, NEW fast‐paced, practical seminar focusing on the unique needs of difficult and defiant students in grades K‐12. You will learn ready‐to‐use, time‐tested strategies to help you decrease discipline problems and defuse and prevent anger, whether teaching in-person or online. You will walk away with techniques, tools and ideas for de‐escalating problematic situations, working with oppositional defiant disorders and ADD/ADHD students.
Discover easy‐to‐implement tips for behavior management plans, contracts and effective parent communication. Whether you are a veteran teacher or at the beginning of your career, Susan Jones will answer your questions, provide valuable strategies and help you solve the problems you face in your classroom and distance learning environments every day. You will also receive an extensive classroom management digital handbook filled with dozens of practical strategies you can use immediately with your difficult students and when dealing with challenging behaviors at school and online.
You will leave with a digital resource handbook packed with prevention and intervention strategies you can put to immediate use as ideas, activities and strategies to help you make a real difference in your students' lives and renew your enthusiasm for teaching.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical and Doable Strategies to Decrease Disruptive and Difficult Student Behaviors Whether You Are Teaching In-Person or Online
Learn a wealth of practical strategies that can help you transform disruptive, difficult and challenging students into self-disciplined, cooperative, focused learners … Student-proven strategies that work!
- Significantly Decrease Disruptive Behaviors in Your Grades K‐12 Classrooms
Create a classroom or virtual learning environment in which disruptive behaviors and acting out are ineffective ways for students to get their needs met … Expand your repertoire with numerous tips to maximize your effectiveness in decreasing problematic behaviors
- Five Specific Types of Difficult Students and How to Avoid Harmful Power Struggles
Learn how to work successfully with specific types of hard-to-manage students so that they can succeed instead of interrupt class or online instruction with harmful power struggles and disruptive behaviors
- Decrease Negative and Disruptive Behaviors and Increase Positive Interactions
Discover how you can use specific strategies to create a cooperative, risk-free, positive classroom or distance learning environment while decreasing the number of negative interactions that occur each day
- Key Strategies to Manage Your Personal Reactions and Stress When Faced with Challenging and Difficult Students In Your Traditional or Virtual Classroom
Use key strategies to manage your own frustration and stress so you can successfully cope with disruptive behavior while maintaining your sense of professionalism and protecting the dignity of your students
- Build Your Own Confidence When Faced with Challenging Behavior
Develop practical skills that will enhance your classroom and online teaching communication skills and build your confidence when faced with challenging students and difficult behavior
- Strategies for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, ADD/ADHD, Emotional Disorders, Executive Function Skill Deficits, and Students with Learning Disabilities
Learn and practice strategies specific to students with ODD, ADD/ADHD and other learning disabilities … Decrease your frustration while meeting your students' needs
- Decrease Disruptive Behaviors and Increase Student Motivation
Specific suggestions for increasing accountability, responsibility and pro‐social behaviors in your classroom … Learn practical effective strategies for a cooperative and safe classroom and distance learning environment
- Successful Tips to Create Individualized Behavior Management Plans for Difficult Students in Your Classroom or Distance Learning Environment
Learn innovative techniques to create more effective behavior plans … Numerous examples, programs, simple documentation forms, and management systems you can use immediately, in-person and online, with your disruptive and difficult students
- Receive an Extensive Classroom Management Digital Resource Handbook
Receive a digital resource handbook filled with strategies to significantly decrease difficult student behavior, techniques for proactively managing your classroom and resolving discipline issues, as well as advice on managing the stresses unique to educators
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Make informed decisions about the most appropriate course of action once a behavior problem has occurred in your classroom or online
- Numerous proven approaches to defuse disruptive and angry behavior
- Innovative strategies that connect with students and families to promote respect and trust
- Practical positive behavioral support plans to help your most challenging students achieve greater success in your classroom or distance learning community
- Highly effective intervention strategies to help keep you out of confrontations with difficult students to maintain everyone's dignity and respect
- Specific ideas to create individualized behavior management plans for chronically disruptive students
- Empower your challenging students to become accountable and more responsive whether at school or learning from a distance
- Ideas to de‐escalate problematic situations with potentially violent students
- Learn skills in paradoxical responses with oppositional students
- Develop routines and methods that work with challenging students both in-person and online
- Learn skills to work better with oppositional defiant disorders, learning disabilities, emotional/behavioral disorders, and ADD/ADHD issues
- Techniques to avoid power struggles and examine your personal triggers in relation to disruptive behaviors and develop new skills for dealing with these behaviors
- Specific "how‐to's" for working with parents including conferencing, home‐school communication
- Decrease difficult discipline problems before they arise through planning and organization and restore positive relationships
- Numerous internet resources, tools and proven approaches for addressing challenging behavior effectively
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a committed trainer, lifelong educator and one who has spent many years working with challenging behavior, I often ask my colleagues this question: "How many students does it take to destroy a class?" The resounding answer is always "One!"
Students today are different than they were when we were growing up. The fast pace of our society has created an impulsivity and an expectation in students that their needs and wants will be met immediately. And now, they are bringing that mindset into their distance learning environments as well. Although many students are keenly aware of their "rights", those same students are often unaccountable for the responsibilities that go hand in hand with those rights. Challenging students can be disrespectful, noncompliant, outright defiant, and even violent. All too often, teachers spend 80% of their time with less than 20% of the students, diminishing productive instructional time whether they are working in the classroom or online.
I invite you to spend a day in this engaging, thought‐provoking seminar exploring ways to deal effectively with your most challenging students. This seminar will give you practical, ready‐to‐use strategies that will help make your job less stressful while adhering to the principles of best practices.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. You will also receive the behavior management digital resource handbook I wrote specifically for this seminar. It is filled with strategies and resources you can use immediately in making a difference in the lives of your students and increase their success – even the most difficult and challenging ones.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, School Psychologists, Social Workers and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies for dealing with specific types of challenging students including those who are defiant, disruptive and aggressive in-person and online
- A blueprint for establishing your classroom and online management plan using positive behavioral supports
- Samples of individual student behavior management plans, contracts, monitoring cards, home‐school communication systems, data tracking and much more
- Practical strategies for managing class and online time efficiently to reduce off-task behavior and restoring productive relationships with students
- Procedures for resolving discipline problems once they occur with challenging students
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strategies for working with difficult students.
Susan Jones will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.