Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making the Best Use of Mobile Devices
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12
- Increase learning and motivate your students with dozens of practical strategies for using mobile devices in your secondary science classes, whether you have one mobile device or several
- Discover how mobile devices can be transformed into a personal learning studio serving as a science lab, research station, literacy tool, interactive evaluator, and much more!
- Numerous, innovative resources and apps designed to stimulate student interest along with straightforward and easy-to-follow protocols for implementing mobile device technology into your science classroom on a regular basis
- Exciting classroom-ready lesson ideas that will stimulate students’ natural curiosity and desire to explore science concepts
- Receive an outstanding “how-to” resource handbook, packed with helpful and practical strategies for incorporating mobile devices into every aspect of your science curriculum
This seminar is designed to give you strategies for using current and student proven apps and online resources for iPads, mobile devices and Android OS Tablets. You are welcome, though not required, to bring a fully charged device to the seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The increased use of mobile technologies, like the iPad and other mobile devices, provides incredible opportunities and resources and is changing the face of how we access and utilize information with our students. In this dynamic, and engaging seminar, you will receive dozens of ideas on how to use mobile devices to make your science classes more interesting and exciting for all students.
The classroom-ready strategies presented in this energy-charged seminar will have an immediate impact on your teaching – whether you have one device or a classroom set! You’ll discover a wide range of incredible, easy-to-use resources that can be used to introduce new content, “flip” the classroom, collect data, develop online assessments, provide background knowledge, and assist in organizing and presenting ideas. Using these tools and strategies, students will take greater ownership of their learning through active exploration.
This seminar will explore a wide range of apps and mobile device features that can be easily used as tools to support grades 6-12 science instruction. You will end the day with an improved “app-titude” as well as a collection of classroom lesson ideas and resources that will boost your enthusiasm and confidence level! Mobile devices can help you jump-start existing lessons and increase the likelihood that your students will be immersed in the process of science through questioning, predicting, researching, and collaborating.
Come learn about effective applications and online tools that will greatly increase student engagement and assist you in differentiating your science instruction.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Tap into the Best, Readily Available Mobile Device Technology Perfect for Your Grades 6-12 Science Classes
Practical strategies for using mobile devices to energize and motivate your students … Implement this exciting and easy-to-use technology in ways that will empower students to learn and apply science concepts
- Integrate Mobile Devices and Technology into Every Science Lesson
Encourage collaboration, discovery and multimedia communication … Practical strategies you can use in your current science lessons
- How to Use Mobile Devices as a Personal Learning Studio
Strategies to use the iPad and other mobile devices as a personal learning studio serving as a science lab, research station, literacy tool, history archive, video suite, media designer, library, and interactive evaluator … Specific “how-to’s”
- Breathe New Life into Your Science Lessons Using Technology and “Flipping” Your Classes
Discover ways to actively engage students in a range of hands-on activities, collaborative learning and peer teaching … Strategies for “flipping” your science classes
- Boost Student Inquiry and Research Skills
Boost student inquiry and research skills through the use of mobile device apps that make science come alive … Dynamic strategies to help students think and work like scientists
- Learn Key Strategies to Support the Process of Science
Deepen and enhance student understanding of core science concepts by providing “anytime, anywhere” access to information and learning tools … Strategies you can use immediately
- Practical Ways to Achieve Improved Differentiated Instruction
Learn how you can more easily differentiate science instruction to meet the wide range of student skills … Realize a significant and positive impact by using mobile devices in your science classes
- Strengthen Students’ 21st Century Competencies Outlined in Your State Standards
Use mobile device technology to develop critical thinking, problem-solving skills and to help students strengthen their literacy skills in your science classroom
- Expand and Energize Your Existing Repertoire of Teaching Strategies with Technology
Employ a wide variety of helpful techniques that will assist you in incorporating iPad features and applications into your current science program
- Receive an Extensive Science Resource Handbook
Take home a resource handbook containing dozens of specific ideas for incorporating mobile devices into your science lessons along with “how-to’s” and lists of resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of ideas on how to best use mobile devices to make your science classes more interactive and engaging
- Strengthen your instruction of the scientific process and content through the use of mobile devices
- Specific methods to make your device a highly effective tool to ensure student success in science through collaboration
- Free and inexpensive apps that will motivate and inspire science students
- Detailed guidelines to incorporate mobile devices into your science curriculum to revitalize your teaching techniques
- Exceptional online resources and apps to boost students’ mastery of the NAEP in science using mobile technology
- Interactive lesson ideas that will hone your students’ research and presentation skills
- A multitude of useful and valuable ideas to encourage science inquiry through challenging learning experiences
- Ways to monitor student progress and achievement in science using mobile technology
- Proven methods to immerse students into real-world science scenarios to increase motivation and learning
- Strengthen student understanding by differentiating your science instruction with mobile devices
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to develop active and exploratory instructional strategies in the science classroom using the iPad and other mobile devices
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Dear Science Colleagues:
The national benchmarks for science literacy have assigned us, as science educators, the task of building technology into our curricula to “promote learning.” You likely have a passion and enthusiasm for teaching science, but don’t have the time and resources necessary to implement technology-based changes into your classes. This fast-paced seminar will explore outstanding apps and resources ideal for science instruction in grades 6-12.
During this motivating and enthusiastic seminar, I’ll share powerful, cutting-edge instructional techniques that will excite and inspire your science students. You’ll be introduced to dozens of practical, classroom-ready ideas for using mobile devices as a way to enhance your students’ learning outcomes. You will discover methods for incorporating mobile technology to strengthen what you already do in the classroom. These are ideas that work and will build on your existing successes. I will demonstrate how mobile devices can serve as a versatile and useful tool to facilitate instructor-student and student-content engagement. All the strategies will encourage a more learner-centered and activity-based classroom, resulting in better retention of knowledge and skills.
I invite you to join me for this valuable and exciting seminar, during which I will outline multiple strategies and tools for actively engaging your students in a diverse range of meaningful, hands-on activities using mobile technology. I am looking forward to sharing detailed and effective techniques that will encourage cooperative learning and peer teaching in ways that will “hook” your students on science topics, motivating them to learn more!
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific ideas and activities using mobile devices and apps to teach grades 6-12 science
- Technology resources to implement in your existing science program
- Easy-to-follow protocols when using mobile device technology in the classroom
- Classroom-ready learning tools
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using mobile devices to enhance their science curriculum.
Marjorie Porter will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own secondary science program.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical technology applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal, we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after this seminar.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.