Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Enhance STEM Learning in Your Classroom (Grades K-6)
Presented by Jeff Stenroos
Specifically Designed for K-6 Classroom Teachers, Science, Technology and Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- The key components to successfully enhance STEM learning across all content areas in your grades K-6 classrooms
- Innovative strategies to integrate meaningful and important math and science content with student-centered projects
- Learn dozens of strategies, tips and tools to ensure positive STEM learning outcomes for your elementary students
- Discover innovative, motivating ways to focus on STEM-related skills such as problem solving, working collaboratively, research, and planning and executing a design process
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, interactive seminar, you will learn innovative strategies to enhance and strengthen your STEM instruction. This seminar has been designed by outstanding STEM instructor, Jeff Stenroos, to give you a wealth of innovative ideas for incorporating STEM instruction into your K-6 classrooms. You will discover how to integrate the content areas, use teamwork, inquiry, discussion, tap into technology, and seek real-world applications to fully engage your students. In addition, you will gain tips to help students learn to analyze their work, utilize their strengths, step out of their comfort zones, and take risks for greater achievement.
Whether you are a beginner or veteran STEM educator, you will leave this dynamic seminar with new insights, practical strategies and an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas for enhancing STEM learning in your K-6 classroom. Expand your world of STEM instruction and watch your students’ motivation and confidence soar!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Components to Strengthen Your STEM Instruction
Learn from a current, experienced STEM elementary teacher and national presenter about the essential components of outstanding STEM learning environments in grades K-6 … Practical strategies you can use in your own STEM instruction
- Energize Your STEM Instruction
Captivating, low- to no-cost demonstrations, lessons and projects that will get your students excited about learning and doing math and science … Learn how to guide questioning and discussions to tap into the natural inquisitive nature of your students
- Engage Your Students in Student-Centered Inquiry
Discover how to shift your current lessons to take students from direct science instruction to student-directed learning … Help students take their own ideas and guide them to develop meaningful problem-solving projects
- Build a Classroom Environment of Engineering Problem Solving
Techniques on how to create meaningful projects that promote idea sharing, inquiry, observation, experimentation, discussion, debating, and creativity … Use the engineering process to highlight collaboration, failure, success, and opportunities to try new things while teaching content skills in science and math
- Develop and Discover Assessment Strategies to Measure STEM Learning
How to find, use and develop assessments that focus on integrated problem solving and show the components of math, science and the arts … Ways to adapt current projects and assessments to bridge content areas and include the arts as a means for presenting learning
- Increase Student Achievement Through STEM Instruction
Learn innovative ways to empower your students by using questioning techniques that probe, engage and encourage them to think more deeply … See how you can do this in ways that increase student confidence and learning in all content areas
- Using Technology to Extend Learning Beyond the Classroom Walls
Specific techniques and resources to turn the learning over to your students and reinforce content as well as inquiry … Help your students become more independent learners beyond the school day and take greater responsibility for their learning … Ideas for flipped and blended learning
- Discover STEM/STEAM Ideas and Projects You Can Use Immediately
Websites and apps open up a world of resources for student learning, STEM activities and projects along with ideas for integrating art into your science and math instruction … Discover low- to no-cost resources to use or spark your own ideas and classroom projects
- Engage Students in the Engineering Design Process
Your students can be creative and innovative … Learn how to grow and guide your students’ natural curiosity into a design process that teaches them to create their own questions, testing methods and presentation of the results with guided, but open-ended learning opportunities
- Receive an Extensive STEM Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook written just for this seminar and filled with activities, strategies and ideas that can easily be adapted into any grades K-6 classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to strengthen your STEM instruction for all students in grades K-6
- Practical tips and tools for using technology to create highly motivating STEM experiences for your students
- Practical and proven strategies to increase student engagement in learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Learn the power of teamwork and open-ended student work
- Transform your current science activities to a STEM level with a shift in your teaching and planning
- Learn instructional practices and routines to take your students from “What am I supposed to get?” to “This is what I discovered!”
- Creative ideas to add visuals, performance, music, and technology to science and math
- Create an atmosphere of inquiry through questioning, discussion, experimentation, and reflection
- Routines and practices to remove limitations and replace them with wonder, critique and innovation
- Ways to explore opportunities where art naturally fits the STEM arena
- Discover multi-dimensional lessons, activities and assessments that meet the Next Generation Science Standards
- Ways to bring content learning to life through problem-solving activities that promote creativity and questioning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Life is about solving problems. Problems are multifaceted and do not usually have “one” correct way to solve them! With STEM, you can WOW your students with demonstrations, tap into their wildly creative brains and watch amazing learning take place while they solve problems. The process is truly incredible to see. I am excited to spend the day with you sharing the best STEM tips, techniques, strategies, and activities that will interest and engage your students. These are lessons I use in my classroom and that my students embrace.
The beauty and success of the activities and lessons I’ll share is that students become owners of their learning. They are highly engaged, have a stake in the product and rise above basic expectations to achieve success. Being engaged is the core of my teaching. The person who is “doing the work” is also the person who is “doing the learning.” Students develop a deeper understanding of skills and concepts through natural curiosity and interest. I’ll show you how to implement the integration of content areas, teamwork, inquiry, discussions, experimenting, tapping into technology, and choice. I will share tips to get your students to analyze their work, utilize their strengths, step out of their comfort zones, and take educational risks. Students will learn to take responsibility for improving their work and giving their best effort, rather than checking an item off a list as “done.”
It is my pleasure to share low- to no-cost, practical, hands-on strategies and activities with you. I want to transform your classroom by using STEM to help your students achieve greater success. You will have multiple opportunities to practice them as well as a wealth of tricks to immediately take back to your own classroom. I will also provide tips on how to help parents understand and support the activities I share with you.
I will show you how to use STEM to turn your students into motivated, creative, energetic, eager, and active problem solvers. My goal is for you to leave with renewed enthusiasm for teaching and practical ideas to immediately share your excitement with your students. I look forward to spending a high-energy, fast-paced, informative, and AWESOME day with you!
P.S. I know how valuable your time is so I promise you will leave this seminar inspired and ready to use new STEM strategies and ideas in your own classroom!
Who Should Attend
K-6 Classroom Teachers, Science, Technology and Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ideas to spark inquiry and collaboration using STEM activities
- Templates and examples of student-centered lab notebooks and inquiry-driven lessons
- A wealth of websites, apps and technology resources to discover STEM activities and projects for your own classroom
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their programs with STEM instruction.
Jeff Stenroos will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.