Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Enhance STEM Instruction in Your Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Classes
Presented by Marjorie Porter
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Science and Math Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Successfully enhance STEM instruction in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in grades 6-12
- Save valuable time by integrating STEM into your existing lessons rather than recreating your current units of instruction
- Innovative and engaging technology tools – powerful websites, apps and tools to help your students become active and engaged students in all four STEM disciplines
- Dozens of tips, strategies, tools, and resources to help you increase STEM learning outcomes for your secondary students
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of resources, strategies and ready-to-use tips to make STEM instruction doable in your classroom
You are welcome to bring a fully charged mobile device. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This exciting, interactive seminar is packed with a wide range of ideas for enriching your lessons and units with STEM topics. Throughout the day, you will receive classroom-ready, standards-based strategies for engaging learners in projects that incorporate exploration and design, as well as a multitude of online resources for STEM related lessons, materials, tools, and ideas for implementation which include developing connections with professionals in STEM careers. You will also learn how you can develop a mindset of continual improvement and redesign among your students as they integrate science, technology, engineering, and math concepts.
You won’t want to miss this full day of discovery during which you will learn dozens of practical, cutting-edge tools for implementing essential STEM strategies into your existing curricular units. You will leave with a wealth of new ideas for strengthening your grades 6-12 students’ problem-solving skills in ways that will help them become more competitive in the 21st century workforce!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies for Enhancing STEM Instruction in Your Secondary Classroom
Learn practical and doable strategies for enhancing your existing units and lessons with STEM topics … Discover numerous ways to actively engage your students in a range of hands-on activities that incorporate all four STEM disciplines
- Increase Student Achievement and Engagement
Learn useful and engaging strategies to empower your students by using questioning techniques that probe and get students thinking more deeply … Increase student confidence and their ability to think in new and different ways about your curriculum
- Integrate Specific Design Protocols to Create Outstanding STEM Lessons
Learn how to use “Reverse Engineering” and “Making” to develop exceptional STEM lessons … Classroom-proven strategies to help students embrace the design process as they work and think in collaborative groups
- “STEM-Up” Your Teaching without Recreating What You Already Do
You don’t need to recreate what already works in your classroom to effectively integrate STEM strategies … Learn how to use STEM-focused instructional techniques that encourage a learner-centered and activity-based classroom that will result in greater retention of knowledge and skills
- Engage Your Students in Real-World Problem Solving Involving STEM Skills and Concepts
Learn innovative ways to engage your students in meaningful project-based learning (PBL) … Discover ways to help your students solve real-world problems and improve on existing technologies
- Employ Your Students in Student-Centered Inquiry – Key in STEM Competencies
Encourage your students to be active and innovative participants in inquiry-based classroom learning … Classroom-proven ways to assist them in developing and refining high-quality questions and supporting scientific claims with evidence
- Use Virtual Technology Tools to Connect with STEM Professionals
Gain highly useful resources for connecting your classroom with science, technology, engineering, and math professionals … Learn how to build virtual partnerships with those working in STEM-focused occupations as a way for strengthening students’ awareness of and interest in STEM careers
- Tap Into Highly Effective Technology Tools to Support STEM Instruction
Practical strategies for strengthening STEM process and content through the use of mobile technologies and digital tools … Numerous, effective applications and web resources to motivate and inspire all your students
- Learn Key Strategies for Strengthening STEM Learning
Deepen and enhance student understanding of core science concepts through team problem-solving strategies … Help students learn how to build upon their existing knowledge by immersing them in exploration … Energize all learners through active collaboration, teamwork and discovery
- Receive an Extensive STEM Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar that is filled with dozens of ideas and strategies for incorporating STEM lessons into grades 6-12
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to successfully integrate STEM lessons into your grades 6-12 instruction
- Practical tips and tools for using technology to create highly motivating STEM learning experiences
- Discover practical strategies to integrate STEM into your existing units and lessons
- Proven methods for immersing students in stimulating STEM design scenarios that will energize and motivate them
- A multitude of useful and valuable classroom-ready ideas to encourage science inquiry through challenging, team-based learning experiences
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to develop active and exploratory instructional strategies that model real-world STEM skills
- Useful applications and web resources that will motivate and inspire your students in science, technology, engineering, and math
- Detailed guidelines for integrating open-ended, problem-solving activities that incorporate engineering skills
- Practical strategies for strengthening STEM process and content through the use of mobile technologies and digital tools
- Strategies to foster and maintain career-focused partnerships
- Unique ideas for developing interactive lessons based on existing STEM models that will enhance your students’ research and collaboration skills
- Ideas for integrating highly effective, authentic, real-world problem-based learning experiences into your existing curricular units
- Exceptional cutting-edge resources to embrace the design process as a teaching and learning tool
- A wealth of ideas and ready-to-use tools for enhancing STEM instruction in your classroom in ways that will make your instruction come alive!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Without question, a well-prepared, innovative science, technology, engineering, and mathematics workforce is crucial to our nation’s health and economy. You likely have passion and enthusiasm for teaching STEM, but lack the time and resources necessary to extensively research STEM-based strategies. Integrating STEM need not be equated with reinventing everything that is already being done within the classroom! Without adding more to your plate, you can focus on implementing the crucial STEM skills that have the greatest impact on learning.
During this one-day, strategy-packed seminar, I will share powerful, cutting-edge instructional techniques that will excite and inspire you and your students! I will demonstrate practical, classroom-ready ideas for incorporating STEM as a way to enhance your students’ learning and increase achievement. You will learn trusted, proven strategies for integrating STEM in a way that will strengthen what you already do in the classroom. These are ideas that work and will build on your existing successes!
I invite you to join me for this valuable and exciting day during which I will outline multiple strategies and tools for actively engaging your students in a diverse range of meaningful, hands-on STEM activities that will help them become “future ready.” You will leave with dozens of technology ideas, apps, websites, and strategies that encourage a more learner-centered and activity-based classroom style that will result in greater overall academic achievement. You will discover that by identifying specific skills that students should develop and select sound instructional tools and techniques to build those skills, you can “STEM-up” your teaching without feeling overwhelmed.
I am looking forward to sharing detailed and effective techniques to help you integrate STEM into your lessons and projects. I want you to leave feeling empowered, not overwhelmed, to implement STEM in your grades 6-12 classrooms.
P.S. You will leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to infuse innovative STEM techniques into your current instructional approaches, along with a resource handbook to help you when you return to your classroom!
Who Should Attend
Grades 6-12 Classroom Teachers, Science and Math Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific guidelines for “stemifying” your existing lessons with the latest technology tools
- Classroom-ready ideas for strengthening your students’ design, problem-solving and invention skills
- Dozens of online curricular resources that will enhance and strengthen your existing STEM repertoire
- Strategy-focused demonstrations of how science, technology, engineering, and math are woven together to increase student learning
- Exciting and easy-to-follow strategies for incorporating STEM activities that will complement national science and engineering standards
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strategies to enhance their science, technology, engineering, and math instruction. Bring your favorite STEM lesson or unit to share!
Marjorie Porter will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own STEM programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.