Significantly Strengthen Your STEM Instruction Using Project Based Learning (Grades K-6)
Presented by Brad Fulton
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Science Specialists, Technology Integration Specialists, Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Practical, easy and engaging strategies to enhance STEM instruction through a project based learning approach
- Proven strategies and creative ways for using project based learning focused on STEM-related skills including team building, problem solving, collaborative work, and planning projects
- How to implement a rich STEM program on a limited budget … Discover dozens of ideas for using low- or no-cost materials
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of ready-to-use ideas, projects, resources, strategies, and tips to successfully use project based learning in your grades K-6 STEM instruction
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are interested in strengthening your STEM program and implementing STEM projects using project based learning in your grades K-6 classroom, this seminar will send you speeding down the right track! Brad Fulton, highly experienced STEM and PBL instructor, will share simple, yet highly successful “STEM on shoestring” projects that are high-interest, rich in content, yet low in cost. He will bring best-of-the-best, student-approved and classroom-tested lessons, strategies, and ready-to-use projects and activities.
In this hands-on, interactive day, you will learn how to incorporate projects so engaging that your students will beg for more! Plus, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are preparing them to be successful in school and beyond in science, technology, engineering, and math-related classes. You will experience relevant, real-world studies of color, sound, electricity, prosthetics, and more! You will also gain numerous, creative ways to enable students to use their content knowledge to discuss, explore, collaborate, and solve relevant, real-world problems.
Don’t miss this fast-paced day of opportunity to learn more about how to use project based learning to enhance and strengthen your STEM instruction!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn From a Practicing STEM and Project Based Learning Instructor
Learn from a highly successful and experienced teacher who has been using project based learning to teach STEM skills and concepts … Find out what really works with real students!
- Practical Strategies for Using Project Based Learning to Enhance Your STEM Instruction
Strategies and ideas to most effectively and efficiently use project based learning to incorporate STEM instruction across the content areas in grades K-6 … All in a hands-on, interactive seminar
- STEM on a Shoestring! How to Save Thousands of Dollars on a Rich, Project Based Curriculum
How to implement a content-rich program and projects on a limited budget … You won’t want to miss these ideas and resources to make the most of what you have available
- Design Project Based Instruction to Tap into Students’ Most Powerful Modes of Learning
Design STEM projects using what we know about how the brain best learns and processes information … Discover how to get the best effort and work from your students
- Significantly Increase Student Motivation and Achievement in STEM
Innovative strategies to empower students by launching engaging projects that fully involve them in the learning process … Get students working together in productive ways
- Walk Away with Ready-for-Classroom-Use STEM Projects
You will leave with projects that you’ll want to use with your students right away … All have been student-proven and teacher-tested
- Engage Your Most Unmotivated, Disenchanted Students
Discover how to use project based learning to grab the attention of your unmotivated, underachieving students … Tap into real-world and relevant issues that will grab your students’ attention and follow-up with activities to keep them engaged … Strategies that work!
- Learn Effective Ways to Use Student-Centered Inquiry for STEM
Increase students’ critical and high-level thinking skills through project based learning that strengthens their critical thinking and problem-solving skills … Ideas that mirror how real professionals solve problems
- Teach Your Students a Growth Mindset
Help your students overcome the paralysis of failure and learn how to grow from their mistakes … Create a classroom environment where practice brings success and everyone can achieve
- Receive an Extensive STEM and Project Based Learning Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook that contains ready-to-use strategies, detailed instructions, activity masters, material lists, web resources, and projects … You will have everything you need to implement powerful, engaging and fun activities in your own grades K-6 classroom!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, research-based strategies to enhance STEM instruction using project based learning in your K-6 classrooms
- Learn easy, engaging and inexpensive ways to implement STEM with ready-to-teach project based learning activities
- Step-by-step techniques for creating STEM lessons to effectively teach rigorous thinking and problem-solving skills
- How STEM and project based learning can help you differentiate your instruction
- Design STEM lessons that are low-cost and high-interest
- Discover great team-building strategies that will help your students connect with the content and with each other
- Create more effective student groups that work collaboratively
- Learn where to find quick, low-cost and easy resources and ideas for STEM and project based learning
- Practical strategies to integrate the different content areas you already teach into cohesive instructional lessons, projects and units
- Foster so much excitement in your classroom that your students can’t wait to tell their parents what they did in school today!
- Watch your students dive into hands-on instruction and unleash their most creative thinking
- Help your students overcome “risk aversion” and “failure paralysis”
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
When my school transitioned to a STEM model, it was like getting a fresh start in teaching! I can’t wait to get to my classroom each day and my students love the projects they get to do. I am excited to share my enthusiasm with you! I plan to give you all my ideas, strategies, projects, and tips so you can enhance and strengthen your own STEM instruction using project based learning. Don’t worry, my school had no STEM grant money, but we made it a successful program. I will show you my best ideas that are low in cost and high in return.
During the seminar, you will learn classroom-proven strategies, detailed instructions for projects and activities, web resources, research tips, and how to group and engage students in collaborative problem solving. I will cover the how-tos of project based learning and how it fits perfectly with STEM related skills and concepts. At the end of the day, I promise:
- You’ll walk out with ready-to-use projects in hand
- You’ll learn how I saved thousands of dollars while implementing a rich project based curriculum
- You’ll learn how to reach students who have checked out of traditional instruction
- You’ll know how to integrate science, technology, engineering, and math into cohesive units students will love
- I’ll give you my best team-building strategies that not only help students foster important cooperative skills, but help them connect with the content at the same time
Project based learning and STEM activities help students prepare for tomorrow’s world. STEM careers are the fastest growing segment in the job market. I’m happy knowing that our students are not only actively excited about learning, but that they are also gaining some of the most valuable skills they will need to succeed in school and beyond. I can’t wait to share with you what I have found works! We will have so much fun that you will want to race back to your classroom to get started!
P.S. Be prepared to take back practical strategies and ideas you can use immediately to increase the effectiveness of your STEM instruction.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-6 Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Science Specialists, Technology Integration Specialists, Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Rich sources of ideas to develop STEM projects of your own
- Ready-to-use, classroom-proven STEM and project based learning strategies and projects
- Detailed instructions, activity masters, materials lists, web resources, and research tips
- Team-building strategies to help your students connect with the content and with each other
- Everything you need to know to start implementing powerful, engaging and fun STEM activities
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical strategies to enhance their STEM programs using project based learning.
Brad Fulton will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own STEM program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.