Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Enhancing STEM Learning in Your Classroom
Presented by Dr. Alice Christie
Specifically Designed for K-6 Classroom Teachers, Science, Technology and Mathematics Specialists,
Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Learn the key components to successfully incorporate STEM instruction across all content areas in grades K-6
- Explore step-by-step techniques for creating STEM lessons that fully engage students, empower them to think more deeply and engage them in STEM thinking
- Experience powerful websites, apps and innovations that are shaping the future of effective science, technology, engineering, and math instruction
- Learn dozens of strategies, tips and tools to ensure positive STEM learning outcomes for your elementary students
- Discover innovative, motivating ways to focus on STEM-related skills such as problem-solving, working collaboratively, research, and planning and executing a design process
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of resources, strategies and ready-to-use tips to successfully enhance STEM instruction in your classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly engaging, interactive seminar, you will learn innovative ways to enhance your STEM instruction by fully engaging students in learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM is greater than its individual disciplines. It is the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education to change the way students think, approach ideas, solve problems, research, and plan and execute a design process. This seminar has been designed to give you a wealth of new ideas for incorporating STEM instruction into your K-6 classroom.
During this fast-paced seminar, Dr. Alice Christie, award-winning educator and Google Certified teacher, will show you how to create innovative projects, opportunities for discourse and highly motivating lessons that push students deeper and prepare them to solve problems in ways that work. You’ll see how to use student-centered instruction more efficiently to meet the needs of all students, whether they need extensions in critical thinking or need more scaffolding to develop the STEM skills that will enable them to become independent learners.
Throughout the day, she will share STEM-rich lesson plans, hands-on student activities and model problem-solving techniques that are ideal for K-6 students. Her emphasis will be on new ways to help your students master rigorous science, technology, engineering, and mathematical skills and concepts, including those aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards.This seminar is full of NEW, fresh ideas to engage and motivate your students. Whether you are a beginning teacher or a seasoned STEM educator, you will leave this dynamic, empowering seminar with new insights, practical strategies and an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas for enhancing STEM learning in your K-6 classroom. Come and discover exciting ways to expand the world of STEM instruction, then watch your K-6 students’ motivation, enthusiasm and confidence soar for learning!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Components for Enhancing STEM Instruction
Learn from an experienced elementary educator and national presenter about the essential components of outstanding STEM learning environments in grades K-6 … Practical tips to enhance this powerful approach to teaching and learning
- Increase Student Engagement and Achievement
Learn new ways to empower your students by using questioning techniques that probe, engage and enable them to think more deeply … See how to do this in ways that enhance student confidence and increase student learning
- Increase Student Interaction Time and Challenge Them with Innovative STEM Instructional Techniques
Promote student confidence by increasing interaction with content, peers and teachers … Challenge your students with innovative and motivating STEM lessons that can increase student achievement
- Create Learning Environments with “Real World” Impact Projects
See new techniques to set up manageable group exploration and real-world impact projects that give students the chance to practice and master key STEM skills and processes … Discover dozens of highly motivating, grades K-6 activities that mirror how real professionals solve problems and collaborate
- Meet Your Students on Their Terms and Through Their Media
Many students today are highly skilled in using technology and they learn best by using the tools they love to use … Discover cutting-edge technology techniques to get students fully involved in learning science, engineering and mathematics
- Extend Learning Beyond the Walls of Your Classroom
With school budgets dwindling, virtual field trips and exploration are great alternatives to physically leaving your classroom … Learn numerous interactive websites where students can control variables, predict outcomes and check their predictions
- Engage Your Students in Student-Centered Inquiry
Learn new, highly effective ways to engage your students in motivating, project-based learning that will positively influence their performance on high-stakes testing, including those associated with the Next Generation Science Standards … See the results from applying the K-6 Engineering Framework on learning outcomes
- Tap into Highly Effective Technology to Anchor Core Elements of STEM Instruction
Learn how to best support STEM learning by using free and low-cost web-based programs, gaming and simulation tools … Support student learning with highly effective NASA and NSF resources as well as outstanding tools to manage student learning
- Use STEM Lessons to Meet the Needs of All Your Students
See how to use the principles of Universal Design to reach and teach each of your students in science, technology, engineering, and math … From students who need to be challenged to those who struggle with learning, here are new ideas for designing your STEM instruction to maximize each student’s success in your K-6 classroom
- Receive an Extensive STEM Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, apps, websites, and valuable strategies for creating, finding and managing STEM lessons for grades K-6 … Dozens of practical ideas and highly effective resources that will enhance your STEM instruction!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to successfully enhance your STEM classroom for all students in grades K-6
- Practical tips and tools for using technology to create highly motivating STEM learning experiences for your students
- Strategies to design student-centered STEM lessons with highly effective apps and other tech tools to meet the needs of ALL your students
- Step-by-step techniques for enhancing STEM lessons to effectively teach rigorous thinking skills and concepts
- Proven techniques for aligning STEM instruction with the K-6 Engineering Framework and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Specific ways to increase the level of success for every student in learning STEM concepts
- Low-cost and no-cost ideas to expand STEM instruction in ways that will amaze you and fully motivate your students
- Practical, effective, proven strategies to create better student engagement in learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- What’s new in educational technology, including apps and outstanding open-source software that are ideal for differentiated learning in a STEM classroom
- Creative ways to teach and reinforce essential STEM vocabulary using technology, environmental design and multisensory learning strategies
- Have unlimited access to Dr. Christie’s website, a dynamic resource for educators
- A wealth of ideas and ready-to-use tools for enhancing STEM instruction in your classroom in ways that will make your instruction come alive!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Technology is pervasive in almost every aspect of daily life and as the workplace changes, STEM knowledge and skills grow in importance. With this in mind, I look forward to welcoming you to this NEW seminar and a day that will be filled with a wealth of outstanding ideas and practical, ready-to-use strategies to enhance STEM instruction in your own K-6 classrooms. Specifically designed for teachers interested in expanding STEM lessons in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, our day will focus on highly effective tools and techniques, a wealth of resources and the most efficient strategies designed to increase thinking and problem-solving skills in your K-6 students.
According to the National Science Foundation, to succeed in this information-based, highly technological society, students need to develop their capabilities in STEM to levels much beyond what was considered acceptable in the past. Helping under-represented populations such as females and minorities pursue STEM careers is an additional challenge. This seminar is designed to specifically help those teachers and administrators who wish to integrate STEM instruction, processes and principles into their schools and classrooms. It provides numerous instructional strategies and resources for teachers wishing to create more STEM-centric classrooms that:
- Foster active, participatory learning
- Increase student engagement in the learning process
- Create exciting, empowering, exploratory, student-centered, problem-solving environments
Join me for this fast-paced, idea-packed seminar. Come and experience the same joy of learning that your students will feel when they use their STEM thinking to solve real-world problems. I’ll share dozens of ways that you can ignite your students’ love of learning across all curricular areas by using the instructional strategies and resources shared during this seminar.
I look forward to sharing a valuable day with you!
Dr. Alice Christie
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to infuse new, innovative STEM techniques into your instructional approaches. In addition, you will have a valuable toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use, engaging, and innovative ideas to use immediately in your own K-6 classrooms. To get the most out of this seminar, please bring your fully charged mobile device.
Who Should Attend
K-6 Classroom Teachers, Science, Technology, and Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step instructions for successfully enhancing STEM instruction for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in grades K-6
- A wealth of innovative, engaging, accessible apps and outstanding tech tools to fully support STEM instruction in your K-6 classrooms
- Practical ideas for accessing powerful websites and proven innovations that are shaping the future of effective STEM learning, helping your students meet rigorous content and practice standards, including those aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards and the K-6 Engineering Framework
- Timesaving tips, strategies and tools to meet the needs of all your students in STEM by using the best technology tools to manage your instruction
- Unlimited access to Dr. Christie’s award-winning website
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other K 6 educators interested in enhancing their STEM-infused instruction.
Dr. Alice Christie will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own STEM instruction.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.