Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Using Project Based Learning to Enhance Your STEM Instruction (Grades K-6)
Presented by Jaime Bailey
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Science Specialists, Technology Integration Specialists, Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Step-by-step techniques for creating engaging projects that fully motivate and engage students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Hands-on, minds-on activities that can be easily integrated into effective STEM instruction and are essential elements of project based learning
- Proven strategies and innovative ways for using outstanding projects to focus on STEM-related skills including problem solving, working collaboratively, research, and planning and executing a design process
- Receive both an extensive resource handbook and access to Jaime’s website filled with a wealth of resources, strategies and ready-to-use tips
You are welcome to bring a fully charged laptop. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, interactive seminar, you will learn innovative ways to use project based learning to fully motivate your students in learning about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. During this fast-paced seminar, Jaime Bailey, an outstanding teacher and national seminar leader, will show you how to create stimulating projects that fully involve your students in STEM learning. You will be introduced to dozens of new tools and proven strategies for infusing technology into exciting projects that will bring your STEM instruction alive.
Throughout the day the emphasis will be on the most effective ways to use project based learning to help your students master the content skills of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. You will see proven strategies for managing projects, encouraging student collaboration, enabling students to become more involved in critical thinking, and unleashing their energy to solve problems relative to your STEM curriculum. Whether you are a beginning teacher or a seasoned educator, you will leave this dynamic seminar with clear insights and practical strategies for your K-6 classroom.
Come and discover exciting ways to expand the STEM world to your students and then watch their motivation and enthusiasm soar!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Ways to Use Project Based Learning to Teach STEM
Learn essential techniques for using outstanding projects to enhance your STEM instruction … Tips, tools and innovative ways to fully engage your students
- Find and Create Outstanding Projects to Strengthen Students’ STEM Skills
Discover a wealth of project based learning ideas that are currently available for teaching STEM skills … See how to build on other teachers’ ideas to more easily create projects that meet the needs of your own students
- Significantly Increase Student Motivation and Achievement in STEM
Learn new ways to empower students by launching engaging projects that fully involve them in learning about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics … Practical suggestions for using project based learning to spur active participation
- Tap into Free and Low-Cost Technology for STEM Projects
Explore a wealth of internet resources, apps and tools that you and your students can use for project based learning that focus on STEM … Support student learning with highly respected NASA, NSF and Buck Institute resources
- Integrate the NGSS Cross-Cutting Concepts and Practices into Your STEM Units
Discover student-friendly ways to implement the cross-cutting concepts and the NGSS practices into your STEM lessons … Make sense of how all the pieces can easily fit together
- Use These Timesaving Tips for Assessing STEM Achievement
Here’s how to use technology to integrate assessment into the STEM focused projects your students are doing … Receive real-time, useful, formative feedback without your students even knowing they’re being assessed
- Engage Your Students in Student-Centered Inquiry for STEM
Learn effective ways to launch your students into motivating project based learning that strengthens their critical thinking skills … Discover activities that mirror how real professionals solve problems and collaborate
- Create Projects with “Real World” Impact and Relevancy
See how to set up manageable, real-world projects related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics … Ideas, templates and dozens of valuable resources to fully involve students in problems that relate to their lives
- Help Your Students Gain Impressive Presentation Skills
Tired of seeing the same old tools used to present projects and reports? Explore creative, highly effective ways for your students to present their STEM-based projects and demonstrate their content mastery
- Extend Learning Far Beyond the Walls of Your Classroom
Take advantage of the best virtual fieldtrips and amazing explorations that are easily accessible through simple technology … See numerous interactive websites where students can control variables, predict outcomes and check their predictions
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical tips, resources and tools for using project based learning to enhance your STEM instruction
- Techniques to empower students with engaging projects that fully involve them in learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Where to find and how to create powerful projects that strengthen students’ STEM skills
- How to tap into free and low-cost technology for STEM projects
- Discover engaging and practical strategies to integrate the NGSS cross-cutting concepts and practices into your STEM units
- Timesaving tips for using technology to assess your students’ progress on STEM-focused projects
- Proven strategies to fully engage your students in learning valuable STEM skills, like problem solving and collaborating with peers
- Tips and techniques for creating projects with real-world impact and relevancy
- Creative, highly effective ideas for your students to present their STEM-based projects to a variety of audiences
- How to access amazing STEM resources that captivate student interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Practical tips and tools for meeting the diverse range of learning needs in your classroom without spending hours planning and grading
- Ideas for developing rubrics for STEM projects that help students self-reflect and improve the quality of their work
- Proven techniques to incorporate research skills into projects to meet your curricular standards
- Successful strategies for teaching students to evaluate multiple resources to support their project findings
- Specific ways to increase the level of success for every student in your classroom
- A wealth of ideas and ready-to-use tools for using project based learning to make your STEM instruction come alive!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
My experience as an elementary teacher from kindergarten to sixth grade has highlighted my passion for providing students with highly engaging student-driven learning experiences. Today we are challenged to prepare our students for college and work readiness experiences that incorporate the skills and concepts included in STEM instruction. I have found that starting with highly motivating project based learning that builds on students’ natural curiosity is the bridge to their future achievement.
I strongly believe that science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are the gateways to critical thinking and developing the conceptual skills students need to understand the world around them. These skills, combined with the ability to problem solve, work collaboratively, conduct research, and be involved in planning and executing a design process are considered the foundation to innovation that is needed for our students’ future success. These are exactly the skills students are learning as they participate in STEM-focused projects.
Most importantly, teaching STEM topics introduces students to a fascinating world they are eager to discover. I have seen students come alive when they can virtually dissect organisms, when they can take an active part in designing new structures, or when they are given opportunities to use exciting new technology resources to solve real-world problems that are relevant to their lives. My students are amazed by STEM projects and they are always eager to learn more.
This seminar is focused on sharing outstanding techniques for using project based learning to fully motivate your students in learning about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. You will discover valuable teaching strategies, timesaving tips and practical ways for students to self-monitor their learning, plus amazing resources and tools you can easily integrate into your STEM instruction. All of these ideas are specifically geared to strengthen your current STEM curriculum.
I am looking forward to meeting you at the seminar. This will be an active, fast-paced day, filled with demonstrations, activities, resources, and practical, classroom-proven strategies for using project based learning to teach STEM.
P.S. I know how valuable your time is, so I have planned this day to be filled with practical and easy-to-implement tips for you to take back and use the next day in your classroom. Oh, and I guarantee we will have lots of FUN!
Who Should Attend
Educators Who Teach Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Science Specialists, Technology Integration Specialists, Mathematics Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook and access to Jaime ’s website specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step strategies for successfully using project based learning to enhance your STEM instruction in grades K-6
- A wealth of innovative, engaging, easily accessible apps and outstanding tech tools to fully support STEM instruction and project based learning
- Practical ideas for accessing powerful websites and proven innovations that are shaping the future of effective STEM learning, helping your students meet rigorous content and practice standards
- Timesaving tips, strategies and tools to meet the needs of all your students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Unlimited access to Jaime’s award-winning website with a wealth of outstanding resources and ideas for using project based learning to enhance STEM instruction in your classroom
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical technology applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal, we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring a fully charged laptop, but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook will provide you with project ideas and online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after this seminar.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using project based learning to enhance their STEM instruction.
Jaime Bailey will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.