Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Robotics: Engage Your Students and Powerfully Enhance Their STEM and Literacy Learning
Presented by Brandon Petersen
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Teachers, School Librarians, Media Specialists, Resource Teachers, and Administrators
- A comprehensive overview of the best ways you can use robotics to powerfully enhance your students’ STEM and literacy learning in your classroom or program
- Discover quality, successful examples of robotics in classrooms and programs nationwide, including practical, meaningful and student-led robotics learning experiences
- Witness the latest innovations in robotics, including exciting websites and apps, that are shaping the future of effective science, technology, engineering, math (and literacy) instruction
- Receive an extensive robotics resource handbook and access to Brandon’s website with hundreds of activities, ideas, resources, strategies, and web tools to strengthen your students’ learning in STEM and literacy through robotics
This is a hands-on technology tools seminar. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged wireless mobile device. It is not, however, a requirement to attend the seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
From Sphero to Dash and Dot, to Ozobots, and more—robots are invading not only the consumer space but also classrooms across the globe. Based on recent research conducted by a panel of educational experts across the United states, The New Media Consortium (NMC) in partnership with the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) named Robotics as one of the most important developments in educational technology for K-12 education.
In this NEWseminar, outstanding elementary technology educator Brandon Petersen will help to equip, empower and prepare you to successfully integrate robotics in your own grades K-6 classroom or program. You will learn effective ways to harness robotics to unleash the powerful learning potential in each of your students. Brandon will show you ways to leverage a plethora of practical, cross-curricular and creative activities. Since all these ideas are designed and vetted by students and educators, implementing these robotics learning activities will feel like an exciting addition to your current practices instead of a chore.
You will return to your school feeling confident in your ability to powerfully enhance your students’ STEM and literacy learning through robotics. Prepare to power on your brains and your robots, and to engage in a unique and impressive day of learning!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Robotics: Strengthen Your Students’ STEM and Literacy Skills
Programming robots requires high-level strategic thinking, vocabulary knowledge, reading, and writing … Learn outstanding and classroom-tested ways to powerfully enhance your students’ STEM and literacy skills through robotics
- Experience the Latest, Greatest Robots on the Educational Market
Learn about the newest, highly effective robots that you can use specifically with your grades K-6 students … Discover the significant impact that robots have in motivating and positively affecting the progress of learners
- Websites, Apps, and Robotics Oh My!
Discover free and low-cost websites, apps and resources specifically for educators, students and parents … Explore ideas that are perfect for elevating your instruction and students’ skills in STEM and literacy
- Is There Such a Thing as Free?
Yes, there is! Discover grant resources, opportunities and strategies that have worked to successfully place thousands of robots in the hands of students in schools – no matter the socioeconomic background of students
- Take Advantage of Limited Resource Opportunities
Learn high-leverage, low/no-tech approaches to robotics and coding … Engage in games, strategies and learning stations that enhance the development of vital cooperative learning behaviors and hands-on learning approaches to promote your students’ success in STEM and literacy
- Those Who Have Gone the Road Before You: Proven, Timesaving Strategies
Discover ideas, tips and tricks from a network of educators for successfully managing your robots and resources in your classroom or program … Receive educator-proven classroom management strategies to best utilize and maintain your technology
- Unleash the Power of Robotics as an Assessment Tool
Encounter effective ways to use robotic activities and their web-based resources to quickly and efficiently gauge your students’ progress … Empower students to deconstruct learning as it happens and monitor their progress to make quick connections to standards and student learning outcomes.
- Nurture Curiosity, Motivation and Powerful Learning with Robotics
Watch in amazement at how quickly “playing” with robots can powerfully engage your students’ natural curiosity and interests … Learn proven ways to sustain an effective, fully engaging and enriching STEM learning environment with robotics in your classroom or program
- Make Connections that Empower Your Students
Capitalize on the benefits that result from connecting your students with robotics … Learn effective ways to not only strengthen relationships with and among your students, but also to deeply engage them in learning-rich robotics tasks
- Receive a Robotics Resource Handbook and Website Access
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar, packed with outstanding ideas, tips, tools, and resources to help you enhance students’ STEM and literacy learning through robotics … Plus, receive access to Brandon’s continually updated website with the best, newest ideas and resources for teaching with technology and robotics
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to use robotics to create engaging learning experiences in science, technology, engineering, math, reading, and writing
- Discover outstanding ways to use a variety of different robots to best serve diverse cross-curricular content areas
- Powerful STEM strategies that maximize student potential in critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and more!
- Harness your students’ natural, innate inquisitiveness for the newest technologies and elevate your students’ learning
- Step by step demonstrations of apps and websites students can use to program robots to do new, unique and highly educational tasks
- Learn successful student-centered approaches and strategies to robotics and coding
- Effective ideas for involving parents through excellent home-school connections and learning opportunities
- How to make great choices in using the best robots for the best teaching and learning outcomes
- See what works best in exemplary schools across the country that have already established successful, award-winning robotics programs
- Eliminate budget worries and constraints by learning about multiple ways teachers in a variety of socio-economic schools filled their classrooms and programs with robots
- Proven ways to structure your robotics activities and materials to be most effective for student use
- Learn non-technological approaches to robotics and coding that are integral to the success of your students’ STEM and literacy skill development
- Innovative, student-created project ideas that help them to practice new skills and master existing ones
- New and innovative robots that leverage free interactive apps and websites to boost students’ STEM and literacy learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As elementary educators, we increasingly face more challenges in equipping our students with a 21st century skillset, and doing so in innovative ways. Given that our students come to us with widely divergent experiences and skills, our work today is even more complex. Yet, this is also one of the most exciting times to be working with our students, given the wide array of new strategies at our disposal. It is my pleasure to invite you to attend what I promise will be a very unique and exciting day packed with ideas, tips and tools you can use immediately to integrate robotics in your classroom or program.
Throughout our fast-paced day together, you will experience first-hand and receive a wealth of resources and developmentally appropriate practical strategies focused on enhancing your students’ STEM and literacy skills through robotics. I will share dozens of ways you can fully engage your students in creative activities that build on their excitement and natural curiosity for learning. In addition, we will explore innovative techniques to unleash the power of creativity and critical thinking to foster learning. I will share multiple ways to use outstanding technologies and online resources that provide new, highly motivating learning opportunities that have worked with my own students.
I encourage you to bring your questions, curiosities, personal and school student learning outcomes, etc. to this day of learning so that you can make connections between the robots we engage in and the content you teach in your classroom or program. There will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to share some of their favorite robots and ideas with each other, as well as follow along with all the resources I will present throughout the day.
Most importantly, my hope is that you will feel encouraged, empowered and invigorated to use many of the timesaving, easy-to-implement, classroom-proven ideas and resources to powerfully enhance your students’ STEM and literacy learning through robotics.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. I’ve packed our day with practical ideas and innovative resources. Plus, you’ll receive an extensive resource handbook and access to my website – all of which you can immediately use in your own elementary classroom or program.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Teachers, School Librarians, Media Specialists, Resource Teachers, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook and access to the presenter’s website, filled with materials specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Dozens of practical, easy-to-use instructional activities for implementing robotics into your classroom that powerfully connect STEM and literacy skills, student learning objectives, school content and curricula
- Creative, engaging, hands-on robotics resources that you can easily incorporate into the daily routines of your elementary classroom or program
- Student-centered, developmentally appropriate activities that target a wide variety of cross-curricular STEM content … Enhance your students’ foundations by leveraging their interest in robotics
- Access to an abundance of the latest, best physical, digital and online resources that can be used to accommodate the diverse needs of students in your classroom or program
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in powerfully enhancing their STEM and literacy programs with robotics.
Brandon Petersen will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.