Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Innovative, Practical Ideas for Strengthening the Teaching of Physical Science Concepts in Your Science Classes
Presented by Mary Anne Butler
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12:
Learn dozens of practical strategies for enhancing and enriching students’ understanding of physical science concepts in your existing science program – ideas you can use immediately
- Accelerate student achievement of physical science concepts using innovative, hands-on teaching strategies aligned with the National Science Education Standards
- Ready-to-use differentiation activities, new assessment ideas and a wealth of strategies you can use to increase motivation and get your students excited about physical science
- Specific and proven ways to increase your students’ success in reading and understanding what they read in science text books and other related science resources
- How Response to Intervention (RTI) impacts your science program and grouping ideas to better meet your students’ needs
- Receive an extensive physical science resource handbook full of practical teaching activities and strategies perfect for your grades 6-12 students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for new and innovative strategies, ideas and activities that will immediately grab your students’ attention and increase their interest in physical science? Would you like to strengthen your teaching of physical science concepts and increase student achievement?
In this one-day seminar, designed just for grades 6-12 science teachers, Mary Anne Butler will give you an action-packed day that specifically addresses all of these questions and much, much more. You will gain a wealth of lessons and ideas you can use immediately to build confidence in your students and increase their understanding and application of key physical science concepts.
You will discover ways to group, engage and assess your students more successfully, even your most reluctant students. All strategies and activities have been proven successful in grades 6-12 classrooms and are aligned with the National Science Education Standards. In addition, you will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to enhance your teaching of physical science concepts!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Practical Strategies to Differentiate and Strengthen Your Teaching of Physical Science Concepts
Discover dozens of innovative ideas and strategies to strengthen your physical science instruction … Specific ideas for grabbing your students’ attention and maintaining their interest
- Accelerate Student Achievement and Understanding of Physical Science Concepts
Students who are actively engaged are more motivated to learn and participate in your class … Discover numerous classroom-proven lessons, ideas and activities you can use immediately with your students
- Use Active Learning and Inquiry-Based Strategies to Develop Higher‑Level Thinking Skills
Learn practical ways to give your students hands‑on experiences that will help internalize important concepts … All ideas have been classroom-tried and student-proven to work
- Creative Ideas for Grouping Students in Your Science Classes
Learn how to vary the ways students work in your classroom to maximize student collaboration and increase learning and participation … Numerous ways to easily group students in threes, fours or more and keep the groups flexible
- Practical Ideas for Improving Your Students’ Ability to Read Your Physical Science Materials
Numerous ideas to help your students read and understand science textbooks and other science related materials … How you can help students get meaning from reading without having to teach them how to read
- How Response to Intervention Impacts Science Instruction
Ideas to differentiate and flexibly group your students that fit into the RTI framework
- Increase Student Motivation and Confidence for Learning Physical Science Concepts
Jump-start your classes with attention-grabbing warm-ups and lessons that you and your students will enjoy … Receive numerous ideas for boosting all of your students’ motivation and interest in physical science concepts
- Assessment Ideas to Help Students Focus on the Targeted Physical Science Concepts
Vary your assessment strategies to address the different levels and learning styles in your classroom … Receive creative assessment ideas that uncover student misconceptions about key physical science concepts
- Utilize the Internet as a Resource for You and Your Students
Discover websites that have materials for use as demonstrations, simulations, models, project ideas, and assessment tools … Low-cost and free resources you can easily access
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
You will leave with an extensive resource handbook full of strategies, meaningful learning activities and resources you can use immediately in your grades 6-12 physical science units or classes
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Practical strategies and innovative ideas to strengthen your teaching of physical science concepts in your grades 6-12 science classes
- Specific strategies to grab and maintain your students’ interest in physical science concepts
- How RTI impacts your science instruction
- Innovative ways to accelerate student achievement and understanding of physical science concepts
- Differentiated strategies to increase all your students’ achievement
- New, flexible grouping strategies to vary the typical “lab partner”
- Help your students make connections between the real world and physical science
- New ways to actively engage your students in physical science with creative hands‑on experiences and activities
- Proven techniques to improve your students’ reading and understanding of science texts and materials
- Easy-to-use assessment tips that will focus on targeted physical science concepts
- Cutting-edge, inquiry-based strategies to move students from memorization to increased comprehension of science concepts
- Writing strategies focused on helping students become more proficient in writing labs and papers
- Techniques to expand student thinking and problem solving using team-building activities
- Numerous inquiry activities linked to the National Science Education Standards
- Dozens of ways to excite and motivate students and build their confidence in your science classes
- Timesaving tips for managing your science classroom
- How to plan more engaging physical science lessons you and your students will enjoy
- Design low-cost, hands-on activities to increase student participation
- Cost-effective and free technology ideas you can use immediately
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As science teachers, we are challenged to find new and interesting ways to engage students in scientific concepts and develop their scientific literacy skills. This seminar is designed to give you dozens of ideas and strategies on how to increase student understanding of physical science concepts at the middle and high school levels. We will discuss warm‑up activities and formative assessments designed to uncover student misconceptions about physical science as well as motivate students at the same time.
I am excited to share with you many strategies I have used in my own classroom that helped me design interesting and relevant lessons in physical science. These strategies captivate the students and challenge their scientific thinking and communication skills. In addition, we will discuss reading and writing strategies for the science classroom that you can use to help all your students navigate science texts. I will share the latest educational, technology resources that will assist you in the delivery of your existing science curriculum.Plus, I will share with you numerous inquiry activities linked to the National Science Education Standards that you can use immediately in your own science classroom.
My goal for the day is to give you dozens of practical ideas and strategies to use in your classroom to improve student interest and performance in your science program. I look forward to sharing ideas that have worked for my students and will leave you energized and inspired!
Mary Anne Butler
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook I have designed specifically for this seminar to help you implement the ideas and lessons immediately in your own science classroom.
Who Should Attend
Science educators and administrators who are interested in strengthening instruction of physical science concepts in grades 6-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
practical strategies and activities to successfully engage students in science
- specific ideas and activities you can use in your science classes
- resources to use in your science program
- lesson ideas based on real, contemporary issues
- cost-effective and relatively free technology ideas
- reading and writing strategies for science
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators seeking practical ideas for enhancing their grades 6-12 science program.
Mary Anne will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.