Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Maximize Your Students’ Success with the
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- Highly effective and engaging strategies designed to increase engagement, rigor and mastery of the NGSS in your grades 6-12 science classroom
- Easy-to-implement techniques that strengthen scientific inquiry, research skills, academic discourse, and collaboration
- Leave with exemplars and an action plan for enhancing the alignment of your current teaching practices with NGSS
- Receive an extensive science resource handbook filled with dozens of valuable strategies and tips to help you maximize your students’ success with the NGSS
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The Next Generation Science Standards require our students to engage in three-dimensional science tasks that include core scientific concepts, the application of science and engineering practices, and crosscutting concepts. In this engaging, NEW seminar, you will learn dozens of strategies and techniques you can use to create an interactive science classroom that supports rigorous and relevant laboratory investigations, promotes the use of academic discourse and reinforces the fundamentals of scientific inquiry by incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards into your existing lessons, activities and program.
Throughout the workshop, veteran science teacher and STEM program developer, Marquita Blades, will share practical, timesaving ideas that will help you incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards with ease. You will receive resources to enhance collaborative learning while maintaining the rigor and integrity of your secondary level science courses. You will gain strategies that will help your students confidently apply and communicate their understanding of scientific concepts based on sound scientific reasoning.
Join Marquita for an engaging, interactive and thought-provoking day full of valuable, practical, use-tomorrow strategies to maximize the success of your grades 6-12 students with the Next Generation Science Standards.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Seamlessly Embed the Next Generation Science Standards
Learn time-efficient ways to effectively integrate the NGSS into your existing lessons, activities and classes
- Increase Student Engagement and Success, AND Save Time!
Discover effective student engagement and lesson planning strategies that can be used across grade levels and science content areas … Reduce time spent on lesson planning!
- Strengthen Your Students’ Collaboration Skills
Learn outstanding ways to maximize student success with the NGSS by building a more collaborative learning environment … Help your students grow and develop their skills in effectively collaborating with others
- Increase the Use of Academic Discourse
Help students in your science classes develop the key vocabulary required to discuss concepts accurately and scientifically … Discover practical ways to increase the use of academic discourse
- Boost Student Mastery of NGSS Concepts
Gain a wealth of strategies and approaches designed to help your students develop a deeper understanding of NGSS concepts
- Increase Student Engagement While Maintaining High Levels of Rigor
Discover engaging and rigorous classroom-proven techniques … Enable your students to analyze, question and communicate at higher levels in order to demonstrate mastery
- Harness the Power of Problem-Based Learning
Encourage your students to take ownership of difficult concepts … Empower and set up your students to “drive” their own learning
- Effectively Differentiate with NGSS
Discover a plethora of resources, approaches and examples to help you effectively address the needs of students of all learning styles in your science classrooms
- Significantly Improve Student Inquiry and Research Skills
Learn highly effective ways you can structure and guide student inquiry in order to maximize your students’ success with the NGSS
- Receive an Extensive Science Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, tips and tools for helping your grades 6-12 science students master NGSS skills and concepts
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Create an interactive science classroom that supports rigorous and relevant lab investigations and engineering projects based on the Next Generation Science Standards
- Reinforce the fundamentals of scientific inquiry and research
- Discover great strategies that can be used across multiple content areas and ability levels in science
- Encourage movement and collaboration while maintaining the integrity of the scientific process and of your science classroom
- Gain practical and effective methods for using NGSS-aligned formative assessments to support your standards-based instruction
- Strengthen student confidence in evaluating, questioning, and providing justifications for their work.
- Improve your students’ skills in properly analyzing, organizing and communicating scientific information
- Time-efficient ways to address learning styles of all types of learners without planning multiple lessons and activities
- Increase the use of academic discourse by students when participating in class discussions and answering questions
- Practical and effective ways to use the NGSS to support standards-based instruction
- Create tasks that assess students’ abilities to understand, interpret, react to and communicate information gathered through 3D science tasks
- Use CER Framework to support NGSS in any lesson
- Develop formative assessment tools that measure your student’s abilities to apply scientific concepts
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Early on in my career as a secondary science teacher, I was afraid to make my classes fun. I wanted my students to enjoy science, but I wanted them to take me and my classes seriously. I wanted to create courses with challenging learning experiences, but I didn’t want to diminish rigor in any way. Plus, I thought, how much fun should my secondary science students really be having in my class anyway?
My fears were unfounded, though. I discovered that by making science more fun and engaging I was able to also increase rigor and my students’ success in science. If you’re like me, and have ever struggled with trying to find the right balance between creating educational experiences that are fun and engaging while at the same time maintaining the integrity and rigor of your science classes, then this workshop is for you!
In our day together, I want to help you develop a solid plan for engaging your grades 6-12 students while equipping you with dozens of strategies for maximizing their mastery and success with the Next Generation Science Standards. I want to share practical ways you can powerfully integrate and leverage the NGSS in your existing science programs. The many outstanding strategies that I will share are ones that I and the teachers I’ve worked with have found to be most successful in increasing rigor, engagement and mastery of the NGSS with our students.
Plus, I promise that our day will be fun, engaging and full of many great use-tomorrow strategies to support your students’ success with the NGSS! I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. This is not a “sit-and-get” workshop. Bring your best energy, because we’ll be working through these strategies, just as you will be using them with your students!
Who Should Attend
Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Templates and exemplars you can adapt and use immediately
- Cross-content ideas and strategies that integrate well with the NGSS
- Sample lesson outlines to assist you with planning
- Recommended resources to personalize learning and standards-based instruction
- An action plan template for mapping and tracking the use of each strategy
- Ways to adapt common lab investigations for use with each strategy
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in helping maximize their students’ success with the Next Generation Science Standards.
Marquita Blades will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.