Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Strategies for Increasing Students’ Learning and Motivation in SCIENCE
(Grades 6-12 )
Presented by Elizabeth Mirra
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- More than 100 highly effective instructional strategies, lessons and resources for helping ALL students more successfully learn science in grades 6-12
- Practical strategies for increasing student motivation in learning science concepts
- Proven ways to incorporate real-world, STEM-based activities into your existing science lessons
- Practical ideas for incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) into your existing science program
- Innovative techniques for incorporating the latest neurosciences research into your science classroom instruction to maximize student learning
- Receive an extensive science instruction resource handbook filled with innovative ideas, practical activities and helpful resources you can use immediately in your science classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Teaching science is more challenging than ever. We want to increase student motivation and achievement in science and to do that we need a wealth of practical, proven techniques that will boost student understanding and pique their interest. In this outstanding NEW seminar, science teachers of grades 6-12 will experience dozens of proven strategies that can easily and immediately be put into practice to meet these goals.
Experienced, award-winning secondary science teacher and national presenter, Elizabeth Mirra, will share a wide range of practical strategies you can take back to your classroom to motivate students and maximize their learning. Learn the latest brain research to intrinsically motivate students to be successful and strategies for making learning “stick.” Explore how to sequence learning into a progression that will maximize your instructional time.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help ALL Students Be More Successful in Learning Challenging Science Content
Discover the latest strategies and ideas to accelerate learning and increase student motivation achievement in your science classes … Walk away rejuvenated and inspired to implement a wealth of outstanding, new ideas
- Increase Student Motivation in Learning Science
Discover proven ways to actively engage students in dozens of highly motivating activities designed to engage all types of learners
- Improve Student Retention of Science Ideas
Apply the latest in brain research by utilizing sense-making techniques to help students connect new learning with prior scientific knowledge
- Seamlessly Integrate Science and Engineering
Use proven techniques to more effectively incorporate engineering into your science instruction and improve student engagement and achievement
- Incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards to Enhance Student Learning
Use the NGSS to design classroom learning experiences that pique students’ interest in learning science and help them develop 21st Century skills
- Extend and Enrich Your Existing Curriculum with Innovative STEM Lessons and Projects
Boost students’ creativity and problem solving through the use of challenging and innovative STEM lessons and projects
- Maximize Instructional Time for Conceptual Change
Learn to structure lessons and activities to build sophistication of student understanding and allow students to master more in less time
- Incorporate New Strategies for Formative Assessment
Learn ways of making student thinking visible so you can more effectively address misconceptions and move students towards more scientifically accurate understandings
- Expand and Energize Your Methods for Incorporating Reading, Writing and Math Into Your Science Classroom
Learn how to use reading, writing, and math to enhance student understanding of scientific phenomena and address your state standards
- Receive an Extensive Science Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive science teaching resource handbook containing dozens of practical ideas and strategies you can use immediately in your science classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- More than 100 of the best strategies and resources for strengthening your science instruction in grades 6-12
- Proven ways to help ALL students from the struggling to the gifted achieve greater success in science
- Highly effective techniques for incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards into your secondary science classroom
- Easy-to-implement techniques for getting students to read and write like scientists
- Proven methods for increasing student engagement and creating intrinsically motivated students
- Practical strategies for improving the quality of student discourse around science content
- Step-by-step guides for developing instructional sequences that maximize class time and student outcomes in science
- Practical ideas for integrating engineering into science instruction
- The latest, most effective, research-based strategies for increasing student achievement
- A multitude of practical strategies for including the Science and Engineering Practices into your classroom
- How to strengthen student understanding of complex science phenomena using the crosscutting concepts
- How to create more engaging instructional sequences that focus on exploring scientific phenomena and maximize student learning
- Powerful strategies for helping students see how science connects to the real world and their everyday lives
- Proven ways to eliminate “Why do we have to learn this?”
- Powerful methods for helping students connect current learning to prior knowledge so their understanding of the world becomes more scientifically accurate
- New, research-based ideas for classroom formative assessments in science that expose what students really think and know about a science concept
- Proven resources for uncovering student misconceptions in science
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I look forward to welcoming you for a day that will be filled with a wealth of outstanding, practical take-right-back-to-your-classroom strategies you can use to significantly increase student motivation and achievement in your science classes. Specifically designed for educators in grades 6-12, our day will be focused on highly effective tools and techniques proven to positively impact your students’ learning of science concepts.
Throughout the day, I will share with you easy-to-implement, highly effective instructional strategies for helping ALL students more successfully learn science. I’ll show you how to incorporate real-world, STEM-based activities into your existing science lessons eliminating “Why do we have to learn this?” and increasing student motivation. Your classroom will become a more efficient and effective learning environment that incorporates brain-based learning strategies to maximize student learning and utilizes powerful assessment strategies that make student thinking visible. I’ll share practical ideas for incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards into your existing science program as well as timesaving tips for maximizing your instructional time through intentional lesson and unit design.
I invite you to join me for this idea-packed day that will inspire and motivate you to return to your science classroom and immediately implement the resources and cutting-edge instructional techniques I will share at this seminar. To help support this experience, you will be provided with an extensive science instruction resource handbook that includes the resources shared during the seminar. I will respect your time by only sharing the best resources and strategies to help your students master challenging science standards. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. As an experienced secondary teacher, I understand the extra effort it takes to be out of the classroom. I promise that our day together will be worth your time and that you will leave with dozens of ready-to-use, practical ideas and strategies you can implement immediately in your science classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive science instruction resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Powerful strategies for increasing student engagement and retention of science concepts
- Proven step-by-step techniques for maximizing instructional time in the science classroom
- Outstanding ideas for incorporating engineering into your science instruction
- Creative ways to integrate reading, writing and math into your science instruction
- Practical strategies and ideas which support the Next Generation Science Standards
- Innovative strategies for helping ALL students master challenging science standards
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening science instruction in grades 6-12.
Elizabeth Mirra will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.