Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Cutting-Edge Strategies and Tools to Increase Students’ Learning and Motivation in Your SCIENCE Classes
Presented by Mary Anne Butler
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12
- Easy-to-implement, highly effective instructional strategies to maximize instructional time and student achievement in your SCIENCE classes
- Explore dozens of the latest tools, strategies and technologies to fully engage secondary students and strengthen their motivation and learning
- Highly engaging STEM activities and lessons that boost students’ creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Learn grouping strategies that increase meaningful student participation and learning of key SCIENCE concepts and skills
- Ideas to increase the quality of academic discourse and use of academic vocabulary in the SCIENCE classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As today’s science teachers, we face multiple challenges. We want to increase student interest, motivation and achievement in science, we hope to provide a brain-compatible classroom in which all students can succeed and – most importantly – we need practical, motivating and proven techniques to boost student understanding and application of key science skills and concepts.
In this outstanding, NEW seminar, teachers of grades 6-12 science will experience dozens of strategies that can easily and immediately be used to achieve these goals. Veteran and popular science teacher, Mary Anne Butler, will present practical, research-based ideas to make science more engaging and successful for all your students. Her classroom-proven techniques include problem solving, learning games, technology applications, as well as proven techniques using STEM projects that both teachers and students enjoy.
Throughout the day you will receive a wealth of “right back to the classroom” strategies that will help students develop and expand their understanding of science – all in an inviting environment. Best of all, these engaging ideas meet the needs of the broad range of learners in today’s science classrooms. Since Mary Anne knows firsthand the time demands teachers face, her techniques are easy to develop and can be immediately implemented.
Above all, this seminar is practical. Every idea that Mary Anne shares has been used successfully in her own classroom and has been proven successful with hundreds of students. If you want to increase your grades 6-12 students’ science achievement and interest, this seminar is for you.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Best, Innovative Strategies, Tools and Technologies for Teaching SCIENCE in Grades 6-12
Discover the latest strategies and ideas to accelerate learning and increase student motivation and achievement in your science classes … Come away rejuvenated and inspired to implement a wealth of outstanding, new ideas
- Dozens of Strategies to Differentiate in Ways that Make Sense
Learn manageable techniques to differentiate content, process and assessments within your science classrooms … Use students’ strengths to teach for mastery
- Provide a Meaningful Environment for “Millennial” Learners
Best ways to use technology in your science classes … Use highly effective tools to engage students in science through the use of social media, applets, games, simulations, case studies, apps, and more!
- Expand Your Assessment Repertoire of Key Science Concepts
Provide students with multiple ways to demonstrate their evidence of understanding science content beyond the lab report or slideshow presentation … Ideas that will get students excited to show what they know
- Explore New Grouping Strategies to Increase Students’ Active Participation
Explore various grouping strategies to maximize student collaboration and participation … Discover ways to group students that will lead to rigorous student discourse and problem solving
- Strategies to Motivate All Students in Your Science Classrooms
See how teaching strategies based on motivational theory can be used to reach all students in your classrooms
- Extend and Enrich Your Existing Curriculum with Innovative STEM Lessons and Projects
Boost students’ creativity and problem solving through the use of challenging and innovative STEM lessons and projects
- Motivate Students Through Gamifying Your Science Classes
Teach with mastery in mind by using gamification to motivate students to take ownership of their own learning
- Utilize Varied Strategies to Strengthen Reading and Writing Skills in Science
Discover reading and writing strategies to make science content accessible to all your students … Expand reading and writing opportunities in your science classrooms
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a resource handbook packed with unique ideas, engaging projects and effective teaching strategies you can use immediately in your grades 6-12 science classes
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strategies! Strategies! Strategies! Best strategies, tools and technologies for strengthening your science instruction
- Valuable strategies to help all students – struggling to gifted – achieve success in science
- New, innovative strategies to hook your students as soon as they enter your science classroom
- Best and latest tools, websites and activities to get your students excited about science
- Learn how to strengthen your students’ ability to read and write like scientists
- Actively engage all your students with lessons that promote critical thinking and academic discourse
- Techniques supported by recent brain research that provide a comfortable, risk-taking learning environment
- New ways to reach the “Millennial Generation” through social contexts for interaction and problem solving in science
- Incorporate authentic and meaningful STEM experiences in your classroom
- Flexible grouping ideas to increase student ownership and mastery of their learning
- Practical ideas on how to boost student creativity and innovation in problem solving
- Cost-effective resources and use of technology to motivate student learning in science
- Dozens of ways to interest and motivate students while building their confidence and competence in science
- Increase the use and mastery of academic vocabulary through student discourse using practices students love
- Discover how to teach students to formulate, investigate and answer their own questions
- Use case studies to demonstrate the relevancy of science content in everyday life in authentic situations
- Learn the latest, most effective, research-based strategies to increase student efficacy and achievement in your science classes
- Ideas, ideas, ideas that work for all grades 6-12 science teachers!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a fellow science educator and science enthusiast, I am proud to share with you the best tools, tips and technologies to excite and inspire your secondary science students. This seminar is designed to provide you with dozens of ideas on how to motivate students in grades 6-12 science classes by using new tools and resources they will love. We will explore and practice researched-based strategies that allow all students to access science concepts and skills at the secondary level. Learn how to motivate students to truly take ownership over their learning in your classroom and how to maximize instructional time by implementing the best instructional strategies such as:
- Teaching students how to develop, investigate and answer their own questions
- Using techniques to develop students’ academic vocabulary, strengthen student discourse and critical thinking
- Providing students with innovative STEM projects to demonstrate their understanding of key science concepts
In addition, throughout the day I will share with you:
- Websites, apps, demonstrations, and case studies to bring science alive in your classroom
- Grouping strategies to increase student participation in academic conversations in science class
- Varied techniques to boost student achievement in reading and writing in science
- Personalized assessment options for students in science
- Tips and resources I have found to be successful in my own classroom
Whether you are a middle school or high school science teacher, you will leave this seminar energized and eager to immediately use these ideas in your own classroom! Come join me and other science educators to learn, share and discuss these amazing tools, tips and technologies!
Mary Anne Butler
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook I have designed specifically for this seminar to help you implement the ideas and lessons immediately in your own grades 6-12 science classes.
Who Should Attend
Science educators serving grades 6-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ideas on how to use phenomena and discrepant events to capture student interest in science
- Websites, simulations and games to motivate learners in science classes
- Techniques to use in any science class to strengthen critical thinking and the level of student discourse
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in the best strategies to enhance their secondary science programs.
Mary Anne Butler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.