Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Accelerating Student Learning in Your Science Classes Using Motivating, Hands-On Activities and High-Interest Strategies
Presented by Mary Anne Butler
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12
- Dozens of practical, hands-on and motivating activities to strengthen your teaching and increase active student participation in all your grades 6-12 science classes
- Accelerate your students’ understanding of key science concepts with numerous new ideas and activities you can use immediately in your science program
- Proven techniques to help all your students, from the high achieving to the reluctant science student, internalize key science concepts and increase their competency in science
- Reading and writing science strategies to help make your science content accessible to all students
- Demonstrations, hands-on activities, resources, and a detailed handbook filled with ready-to-use ideas and strategies for your grades 6-12 science program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Enrich and enhance your science classes using the strategies and ideas Mary Anne Butler will present in this one-day seminar for all grades 6-12 science instructors. In this new seminar, Mary Anne will share innovative, hands-on activities and projects to motivate students, energize class participation and significantly improve student performance in science. You will learn dozens of ideas for helping students see the relevancy of science in their own lives and increase their motivation to become scientific literate citizens. All lessons and activities have been successfully used in grades 6-12 science classrooms and are ready to use with all your students, even your reluctant and struggling students. You’ll leave with dozens of creative ideas and motivating lessons to stimulate science inquiry while creating a greater level of understanding of key science concepts. You will be equipped to put all these strategies to immediate use in your classroom using the extensive detailed resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make Your Science Instruction Come Alive Using Hands-On, Interactive Strategies and Activities
Discover dozens of ideas, activities and resources to increase student interest and achievement in your science classes . . . Specific ideas for grabbing and maintaining students’ attention
- Accelerate Achievement and Increase Student Confidence in Science
Jumpstart your science classes with attention-getting warm-ups, activities and lessons that you and your students will enjoy . . . Receive numerous ideas for boosting all of your students’ learning and interest in science
- Better Meet the Wide Range of Student Abilities and Interests in Your Science Classes
See how to reach and connect with more students to deepen their learning and expand their perspective in science . . . Strategies that work with all levels of students from the high achieving to the reluctant or struggling student
- Innovative, Flexible Grouping Strategies to Increase Participation and Retention of Science Concepts
Explore various grouping strategies to maximize student collaboration and cooperation . . . Discover ways to group students that will lead to active discussions and problem solving, improving student learning and retention of science concepts
- Use Inquiry-Based Strategies to Increase Student Competency in Science
Utilize inquiry-based strategies that are classroom proven with students . . . Learn practical ways to give your students hands-on experiences with opportunities to help internalize key concepts and formulate their own questions to investigate as extension investigations
- Utilize the Internet as a Resource to Capture Student Interest in Relevant and Key Science Concepts
Highly effective ways to engage students in relevant science concepts through simulations, video clips and other Internet resources . . . Cost-effective technology ideas to motivate students in your science classes
- Plan Engaging Science Lessons that Build Student Independence in Science Literacy
Learn how to plan opportunities for students to take responsibility for the direction and depth of their own learning . . . Dynamic strategies to help students think and work like a scientist and a scientifically literate citizen
- Practical and Ready-To-Use Reading and Writing Strategies to Make Science Content Accessible to All Students
Discover how to help students access science content through varied reading and writing opportunities . . . Ways to increase fluency in science vocabulary . . . How to help your students formulate questions to investigate in an inquiry-based classroom
- Techniques to Expand Student Thinking and Problem Solving Using Team-Building Activities
Innovative ideas for using a team model in any science class that will develop your students’ ability to problem solve and discuss scientific ideas that lead to a deeper understanding . . . How to use a team approach to build community and student self-confidence in your science classes
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook written just for this seminar and filled with activities, strategies and ideas that can easily be adapted into any science classroom in grades 6-12
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies and ideas to involve your students in hands-on and interactive learning that makes your science instruction come alive
- Ideas to enhance student competency, interest, participation, and autonomy in all your science classes
- Highly effective ways to build your students’ confidence in science through varied writing and reading strategies
- Identify the specific student needs in science classes that influence intrinsic motivation
- Specific, ready-to-use strategies to grab and maintain your students’ interest in science
- Innovative ways to use feedback to increase students’ motivation to achieve at higher levels
- How to help your students make connections between the science content in the classroom and their lives
- Proven techniques to improve your students access to science content using a variety of reading and writing activities
- Flexible grouping strategies to increase students sense of belonging and community in your science class
- Ways to boost your students’ motivation and confidence in their own abilities to understand science
- Easy-to-use assessment ideas that encourage student autonomy and goal setting
- Inquiry-based strategies to increase students’ competency in the science inquiry process and content mastery
- Dozens of ways to excite and motivate students and build their confidence in your science classes
- How to plan engaging science lessons that you and your students will enjoy
- Cost-effective ideas and technology resources to motivate your students to actively participate and become more engaged in your science classes
A Letter From Your Instructor, Mary Anne Butler
I am proud to share strategies, activities and ideas to motivate your students to excel in any grades 6-12 science class! This seminar is designed to give you dozens of ideas and strategies on how to improve student engagement, motivation and performance in science. We will discuss ways to improve student autonomy, competence and self-esteem in your science classes – all leading to greater achievement in any science class.
Find out how to use the inquiry model of instruction to build student independence and encourage student responsibility for their own learning and achievement. I will share numerous resources that are proven to increase students enjoyment of scientific topics and improve student awareness of the relevancy of science in their own lives. I will also share creative grouping strategies that engage students in discussions that lead to a greater and deeper understanding of key science concepts and processes. In addition, with the focus on reading and writing in content areas, I will give you tips and techniques that I have used in my own science classroom that help all students access textbooks and other science related materials. Learn how to alter and vary reading and writing assignments to ensure student success and achievement in your classes.
Regardless of the science content you teach, you will leave this seminar with dozens of ideas, resources and strategies to motivate all of your students to find success in science. Come join me and your colleagues to get re-energized and ready to return to your classroom with a toolkit of strategies you can use immediately!
Mary Anne Butler
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook I have designed specifically for this seminar to help you implement the ideas and lessons immediately into your own science classroom.
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- practical strategies and activities to successfully engage students in science
- specific ideas and activities you can use in your science classes
- resources to use in your science program
- lesson ideas based on real, contemporary issues
- cost-effective technology ideas
- reading and writing strategies for science
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators seeking practical ideas for enhancing their grades 6-12 science program.
Mary Anne will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own 6-12 grade science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.