"FLIP" YOUR SCIENCE INSTRUCTION:
Practical Strategies and the Best, New Tools
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists and Coaches, Technology Specialists, and Administrators
- Learn the key components to successfully flip your classroom instruction for science in grades 6-12
- Step-by-step ideas for creating flipped science lessons that fully involve your students and enhance their learning
- Powerful websites, apps and educational innovations that are shaping the future of effective science instruction and reaching all students
- Strategies, tips and timesaving tools to meet the needs of all of your students in science by using the best technology tools to flip your science instruction
- Innovative, engaging, accessible apps and outstanding tech tools – including virtual manipulatives – to create engaging, differentiated science lessons
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of resources, strategies and ready-to-use tips to begin flipping your science instruction
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, interactive NEW seminar, you will learn innovative ways to use technology to “flip” your secondary science classroom. The “flipped” classroom is based on the idea that students need their teachers to provide assistance and guide their learning during class time, when they are working with new skills and concepts. This unique way of utilizing technology enables you to present introductory lessons in science that your students can access outside the classroom, making it possible for you to work more directly with them during class time to practice and master the skills they need to know.
During this fast-paced seminar, Brian Miller, an experienced secondary science educator and national presenter, will show you how to create short, engaging science video lessons for your students to view prior to class, as well as new approaches, practical strategies, tips, and tools about what to do during class time, after the students have viewed your video lessons, to strengthen their learning. You’ll see how to use class time more efficiently to meet the needs of all students, whether they need additional help in mastering basic skills or they are ready for more challenging work.
Throughout the day, the emphasis will be on new ways to help your students master rigorous science skills and concepts, including those aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards, by fully utilizing your class time to support student learning and engagement in hands-on science as well as project-based critical thinking and collaboration.
You will leave this dynamic, empowering seminar with new insights, practical strategies, and an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas for flipping your secondary classroom for science instruction. Come and discover the exciting world of flipping your classroom, then watch your students’ motivation and enthusiasm soar for learning science!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Components of Flipping Your Science Classroom
Learn from an enthusiastic secondary science educator and national presenter about the essential components for creating a flipped learning environment for science in grades 6-12 … Practical tips to get you started in implementing this powerful approach to teaching
- Make Your Class Time More Student Centered
By having students access science lessons outside of class, you will free up valuable class time for laboratory work, experimental demonstrations, hands-on collaboration, small group work, and opportunities for students to practice and master key science skills and processes … See how to do this in ways that will enhance student learning
- Tap into Highly Effective Apps and Free Tools to Bring New Life to Your Science Lessons
Learn step-by-step strategies for using apps, free software programs, and outstanding tools – including virtual manipulatives – to create short videos that introduce students to new concepts and skills … See how to create multimedia presentations that keep students engaged and allow them multiple opportunities to view your introductory lessons
- Maximize Every Student’s Science Development
Enhance your science program by flipping your classroom for any science discipline … Discover dozens of highly motivating activities designed to engage all types of learners, both within and outside the classroom
- Meet Your Students on Their Terms and Through Their Media
Students today are highly skilled in using technology and they learn best by using the tools they love to use … Discover cutting-edge technology techniques to get students fully involved in learning science
- Increase Student-to-Teacher Interaction Time
Learn how flipping for science increases student-with-teacher interaction, which leads to greater student achievement … Practical ideas to focus on students’ specific needs and to make learning science more enjoyable and successful
- See the Results from Using Today’s Best Technology Resources
Engage your students in motivating, “just right” activities that will positively influence their performance on high-stakes testing, including those associated with the Next Generation Science Standards … Take advantage of the power of flipping your classroom to help your students succeed
- Use Apps and Online Resources for Formative Assessment
See multiple ways to use today’s best apps and web-based resources to quickly and efficiently gauge your students’ progress in science … Timesaving tools you can use immediately to assess students’ learning and best address their needs
- Create Differentiated Activities Based on Students’ Needs
See how to use the flipped classroom model to work with your struggling students as well as to provide opportunities for advanced students to achieve more in-depth levels of understanding … Proven strategies that students love and effective techniques that will significantly decrease their stress or boredom in learning science
- Receive an Extensive Science Resource Handbook Focused on Flipping Your Classroom
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, apps, websites, and valuable strategies for creating, finding and managing flipped lessons for science in grades 6-12 … Dozens of practical ideas, information and resources to help you get started immediately!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to get started in implementing a successful flipped classroom for all science disciplines in grades 6-12
- Practical tips and tools for using mobile technology to create “flipped” learning experiences for your students
- How to design outstanding flipped science lessons with highly effective apps and other tech tools to meet the needs of ALL your students
- Step-by-step techniques for using the flipped classroom to effectively teach rigorous science skills and concepts, including those aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Specific ways to increase the level of success for every student in science
- How to create a more accessible learning environment for all students
- Creative ways to reach students in their world through online tools and media they already use
- Innovative, student-centered strategies to implement the flipped classroom in secondary science classes
- Low-cost and no-cost ideas for flipping your classroom for science – including resources where you can find teacher-made flipped lessons
- Practical, effective, proven strategies to create better student engagement in learning science
- What’s new in educational technology, including apps and outstanding software that are ideal for differentiated learning in a flipped classroom
- Dozens of ways to fully involve ALL your students during in-class learning
- Step-by-step instructions for creating effective videotaped lessons that can be used to pre-teach, re-teach and strengthen understanding
- Creative ways to teach and reinforce essential science vocabulary using technology
- How to get students to communicate, collaborate and think by asking questions and making observations during the video lessons
- Ideas and techniques to manage your science class effectively by using the latest technology
- Proven techniques to involve students in “seeing and doing” science with effective video clips that enhance your science instruction
- A wealth of ideas and ready-to-use tools for flipping your classroom to make science instruction come alive!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I look forward to welcoming you to this NEW seminar and a day that will be filled with a wealth of outstanding ideas and practical, “take right back to your classroom” strategies that you can use to begin flipping your own secondary science instruction. Specifically designed for teachers in Grades 6-12, our day will focus on highly effective tools and techniques, a wealth of apps and excellent, ready-made science lessons, as well as other outstanding tech tools designed to successfully flip your science instruction.
As an experienced secondary science educator, I am seeing some remarkable outcomes from flipping my science instruction. I have students who come to class more prepared, more eager to learn and much better able to meet the rigorous new standards they are expected to learn. From my perspective, flipping my instruction has enabled students to use the technology they love to use to learn science, in ways that significantly increase their involvement and achievement. In addition, I am convinced that classroom management has become much easier and student motivation has greatly increased. It is my pleasure to share many of the strategies, tips and timesaving tools I have discovered to flip your science instruction.
One of the greatest benefits of flipping my science classes is that I now have the chance to work with students who need the extra boost, a little further explanation, or simply the encouragement to keep on trying. Without having to spend the bulk of my time introducing new skills and concepts in class, my students now receive this instruction electronically – in a variety of easy-to-make and easy-to-use formats. That means I can spend the majority of class time working with small groups, from those who need additional help to those who are ready to be challenged at higher levels. Flipping my classroom has given me a larger block of time to differentiate my instruction and meet the diverse needs of my students. The flipped pedagogy has provided both the time and freedom to provide my students with opportunities for critical thinking and to work collaboratively through more hands-on science and project-based learning. These skills are the hallmarks of the Next Generation Science Standards.
I will respect your valuable time by sharing only the best resources and strategies for flipping your science instruction, including the most powerful tools, exciting apps and best online resources for teaching all secondary science disciplines. Throughout the day I will show you simple yet powerful ways to take full advantage of this exciting new concept.
I look forward to sharing a valuable day with you!
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to flip your instruction in science. In addition, you will have a valuable toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use, engaging, and innovative ideas to use immediately in your own secondary science instruction.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach science in grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Science Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Technology Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook with a wealth of materials specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Step-by-step instructions for using free software to create flipped classroom videos
- A wealth of ideas for planning the follow-up lessons and activities to use after students have viewed the videotaped lessons
- Practical ideas for helping your students meet rigorous science content and practice standards, including those aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Ready-to-use ideas for differentiating lessons in a flipped classroom setting
- Timesaving tips and classroom management tools associated with flipping your instruction
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other secondary educators interested in flipping their science instruction.
Brian Miller will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science instruction.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.