Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase the Effectiveness of Your SCHOOL LIBRARY Program: Strategies, Strategies, Strategies!
Presented by Tricia Kuon
Specifically Designed for School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Over 101 best strategies to increase the effectiveness of your entire school library program
- Amazing, easy-to-implement ideas to save you time and money
- Suggestions to help you create the best collection of literature and resources to meet the needs of your school
- Receive an extensive school library resource handbook filled with practical ideas, strategies and materials for increasing the effectiveness of your school library program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical, NEW seminar, Tricia Kuon, an award-winning teacher, librarian and researcher will share a wealth of information to help you make your school library program the most effective program it can be. How to create a vibrant, exciting environment that attracts students to visit the library again and again will be a central theme. Tricia also seeks to save you time. Knowing that the school librarian wears literally 100s of hats, she has researched the very best practices in school library media centers in order to hone in on the information librarians need the most. Using the extensive resource handbook provided at the seminar, you can begin implementing the strategies in your own library immediately.
Tricia will take a close look at what is trending in libraries to provide a glimpse of the enormous array of possibilities in library land. Also important are hot topics including answers for handling controversial or difficult situations. Essentials of library programming such as storytelling, read-alouds, lesson planning, author visits, library clubs, reading programs, developing makerspaces, and fundraising will be explored. Online tools that provide librarians up-to-date information about cutting-edge technology practices, best books and ways to be a part of a larger library community will be discussed. Collaboration, curriculum support, teaching research skills, and the discussion of the library’s role and impact on student achievement, as well as the future of libraries will also be included. Join Tricia for an inspiring day filled with practical tips that will strengthen, promote and energize your school library program.
This seminar is designed for library media specialists, support staff and administrators who are looking for ways to enhance their school library program and create an exhilarating, cutting-edge, inviting library environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Library Program Immediately
Learn timesaving, tested, practical, new, fascinating, and creative strategies to immediately improve your library program … Strategies, strategies, and more strategies to make your library media center the best learning space possible
- Create a Unique and Powerful First Impression
First impressions are key … Creating a space that has a WOW impact that not only invites, but seizes the attention of all stakeholders and is a great way to get your students excited about your school library
- Practical Strategies for Lesson Building
Reading aloud, storytelling, how to do research, how to search for information, how to search the catalog, genres of literature, writing skills, and more will be emphasized as we delve into must-haves in every library curriculum
- Ideas for Collaboration and Keeping Current with New Practices
In the busy world of the school library, how can you find time to collaborate with teachers who also lack time to collaborate with you? Learn how to stay current and find time to collaborate with teachers!
- Best Practices for Making Your School Library Outstanding
Discover the best practices for making your library program outstanding … Strategies, strategies, and more strategies!
- Improve the Media in the Library Media Center
Explore the latest and greatest in technology use and learning in the library … How to stay ahead of students and help reluctant teachers into the technology age
- Outstanding School Library Makerspaces
Best practices in school library makerspaces with great ideas that are time-efficient and practical
- Too HOT to Handle—What’s Trending Now and Hot Topics
What do cutting-edge libraries look like? What do they do? What do students want from their library? What do teachers want? What’s controversial and too hot to touch in the library world? From books to robots and more, we will delve into the popular and the contentious
- Predicting the Future
What’s coming next for school libraries? How are school librarians re-inventing themselves and their spaces? Will print books eventually disappear altogether? These topics and many more will be discussed!
- Receive an Extensive School Library Media Handbook
Leave with a resource handbook filled with 101 of the newest, current ideas, strategies and materials for strengthening and enriching your library program!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to make the most of your time and money
- Strategies for implementing technology for yourself, students and teachers
- How to increase appreciation of diversity in the library
- Practical ideas to make your library inviting and exciting
- Specific ideas for lesson preparation
- The best resources for building your collection
- How to match students with books that make them want to read more
- Methods and resources to help you stay up-to-date in a constantly evolving field
- Tips for becoming a program that leads to every patron becoming a library advocate
- Ways to utilize your own library data to show student achievement
- Ideas for using social media to market your library and its programs
- Innovative methods to promote your program to the school and community
- Proven strategies for teaching information literacy skills
- Strategies for networking locally, regionally and globally
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As librarians, we have the opportunity to influence our students’ lives by making the library the place in school where they want to be as often as possible. The more we have students in our libraries, the more chances we have to show them the great books available to them – and we know that great books can change lives! I’m excited to invite you to a day devoted to sharing strategies, strategies and more strategies to help you enhance your own library program.
I will share and discuss the key essentials of library programming such as storytelling, read-alouds, lesson planning, author visits, library clubs, reading programs, developing makerspaces, and fundraising. I will also share my favorite online tools that provide the best, up-to-date information about cutting-edge technology practices, best books and much more!
Whether you work at the elementary, middle, high school, or public library, this seminar will provide you with motivation, strategies and resources to help you develop and grow your library program to its greatest potential, leaving you exhilarated without feeling exhausted.
I hope you will join me and your colleagues for an inspiring day filled with practical strategies and tips that will strengthen, promote and energize your school library program.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. This seminar will focus on the best, most practical, budget-friendly ideas that can easily be implemented in your library media center.
Who Should Attend
School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, and Administrators serving grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical suggestions, resources, lesson ideas, and strategies to improve your library program
- Timesaving tools and ideas for reinventing your library space, amazing makerspaces, technology, robots, top trends, and a glimpse of what the future may bring
- How to collaborate and keep up with what’s new when you don’t have any time
- Book lists and strategies for booktalking, storytelling, author visits, fairs, and more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the effectiveness of their library programs.
Tricia Kuon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own library program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.