Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Best Strategies to Increase the Effectiveness of Your School Library Program
Presented by Deborah B. Ford
Specifically Designed for School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- 101 best strategies to help increase the effectiveness of your entire school library program
- Powerful ways to create an inviting library environment that supports academic standards
- New, engaging makerspaces and activities designed specifically to reinforce and boost academic skills
- Cost-efficient ideas for making the best use of your time and funding
- Titles and suggestions to help you create the best possible collection of literature and media
- An extensive resource handbook filled with ideas designed specifically for school library media centers
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical seminar, Deborah B. Ford, an award-winning teacher librarian will share how to increase the effectiveness of your school library media program and create an inviting, thriving environment where students want to return again and again. Deborah will provide you with numerous cost-efficient ideas to help you maximize your time and resources.
Learn how to incorporate diversity in your library program. Discover new online tools for collaborative projects, as well as professional learning communities. Gather ideas for effectively using educational websites and the best use of technology. Implementing STEAM, how to assemble the best collection of young adult and children’s literature, and increasing student achievement are just a few of the topics that will be discussed. Join Deborah for an inspiring day filled with practical tips that will strengthen and enhance your school library program.
This seminar is most appropriate for library media specialists, support staff and administrators who are looking for ways to create a progressive, inviting library environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Expand Your Options for Enhancing Your Entire Library Program
Learn practical, creative, state-of-the-art strategies to strengthen and enhance your library program … 101 best strategies to help increase the effectiveness of your library/media center
- Specific Ideas to Save You Time and Money
Discover ways to save time and money so that you can focus on tasks that will make a positive difference in your library program
- How to Manage and Utilize the Latest Technology to Support Teachers and Students
Strengthen your knowledge and awareness of the latest technology resources and web-based information … Support teachers’ and students’ use of technology in ways that increase academic success and promote everyday advocacy
- Practical Strategies for Collaboratively Developing Curriculum with Teachers
Explore new ideas for working cooperatively with classroom teachers to incorporate the necessary information literacy skills students will need to be successful with today’s rigorous learning standards … Strategies for incorporating information literacy skills throughout the curriculum
- Improve Your Collection Development Skills
Learn where to find the best books for K-12 and which websites are the best for research and K-12 curriculum … Strengthen your weeding techniques
- Boost Your Students’ Interest in Quality Literature
Explore innovative ways to increase students’ interest in quality literature … Learn how to effectively use booktalks and technology to increase students’ desire to read quality literature
- Increase Diversity in Your Library Program
Receive a multitude of ideas for incorporating diversity in your everyday program … Learn teaching strategies and marketing tips that reach your entire community
- Enhance Your Marketing Skills to Support Instruction
Develop marketing skills that promote literacy instruction and provide a communication tool for your program … Help your students and school staff easily access the vital information they need, whether they are at school or at home
- Create Interactive, Hands-On Makerspaces Ideal for K-12 Students
Engage students and promote creativity, problem-solving skills and higher-order thinking skills with makerspaces that are specifically designed for your students … Whether you are new to library makerspaces or already have them set up, you are sure to find a wealth of ideas
- Receive an Extensive School Library Media Resource Handbook
Leave with a resource handbook filled with 101 of the newest, most current ideas, strategies, and materials for strengthening and enhancing your library program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 of the latest ideas for strengthening your entire school library media program
- Creative ways to collaborate with classroom teachers
- Practical ideas for implementing STEM/STEAM in your school or community
- The latest ideas for creating or enhancing makerspaces in public and school libraries
- How to make the most of your library budget
- Strategies for implementing technology in your collaborative projects
- How to increase diversity in your library program
- Practical ideas to utilize social media in your marketing efforts
- The best free or inexpensive resources to increase your library collection
- How to motivate students to read and enjoy quality literature
- How to increase students’ ability to select online resources and tools
- Resources and methods for helping you stay current in the ever changing library/media field
- Specific strategies for networking with colleagues in your district, region, state, and nation
- Tips for planning a successful everyday advocacy campaign
- Effective time-management and organizational strategies for the school library media center
- Proven strategies for teaching information literacy skills
- Ways to utilize library data to prove student achievement
- Innovative ways to promote your library media program to the school and community
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As librarians, we hold the key to information literacy and the secret to successful students. We know that libraries change lives. As a library coach, I have numerous opportunities to speak to people about how the digital age has impacted our work. Today’s library goes beyond the bricks and mortar. In a time when information is everywhere, our students and communities need guidance more than ever. How will our patrons sift through the ever-growing list of apps and websites? Like technology, our job is also ever-changing. We must learn to change with process and continue to grow in our own professional learning communities.
At this seminar, we will focus on the newest, most effective ways to create a learning center that makes the best use of our resources to increase student achievement. I will share numerous ideas for utilizing your budget to the fullest, creative solutions for ordering materials, and time-saving organizational tips. Programming and marketing are also a vital part of the school library media center; we will gather new ideas and tweak the old ones. Without everyday advocacy, even the greatest of libraries could close its doors. We will look at easy-to-implement strategies that advertise everything from diversity to student achievement. The latest and hottest trend is for libraries to offer makerspaces. Every library can have an effective makerspace that supports academic growth, especially the skills outlined for STEM/STEAM.
Whether you work at an elementary, middle, high school, or public library, this seminar will provide you with the motivation, strategies, and resources to ensure that your library lives up to its potential without leaving you exhausted.
My goal for the day is to give you the latest, most up-to-date strategies and ideas to take back to your library program—ideas that will increase the academic and technology skills of your students. I am excited to share with you what I have found to work in libraries across the country. I warmly invite you to join me for a day filled with great ideas and exciting fellowship. It’s my hope that at the end of the day you will leave affirmed, informed and inspired. I am looking forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Deborah B. Ford
P.S. This seminar will focus on 101 of the best, most practical, budget-friendly ideas that can easily be implemented in your library media center.
Who Should Attend
School Librarians, Public Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Numerous, creative, easy-to-implement ideas for strengthening your library media program
- How to utilize and manage the latest technology resources in the library
- The latest ideas for utilizing makerspaces in your library
- Ideas on how to make your library media center the hub of your school’s instructional program
- Ways to work smarter, not harder and much, much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their library programs.
Deborah B. Ford will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own library program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.