Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Revitalizing Your Library Space to Enhance Your Library Program
Presented by Pam Harland
Specifically Designed for School Library/Media Specialists, Public Librarians, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Revitalize your library space NOW … Dozens of practical, easy-to-implement, free ideas you can use immediately
- Innovative ideas for creating a more welcoming and “user-centered” library, including developing a “makerspace” in your library
- “Flip” your library space … What this means in practical terms for expanding access and differentiating your library services to better meet diverse student needs
- Evaluate the “usability” of what is currently in your library space … Identify the changes you can implement in your library that will transform it from good to great
- Practical ideas for revitalizing your library text collections … Dealing with Dewey, improving fiction options, incorporating eBooks, and more
- Incorporate free, easy-to-use technology to more deeply engage students and increase their transliteracy skills
- Receive an extensive library space resource handbook filled with ideas specifically designed for revitalizing your library space
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar is designed to help school librarians, public librarians, media specialists, library aides, resource teachers, and administrators revitalize their current library spaces. Award-winning librarian, Pam Harland, will provide you with numerous cost-efficient ideas to help you maximize your time and resources while transforming your library space. Topics include:
- Creating a more welcoming and “user-centered” library space
- Revitalizing your library text collections
- Embedding the most current, useful technology in your library space
- Expanding your students’ information literacy and transliteracy skills
- Flipping library instruction
- Tips for streamlining the management of your library space
Whether your library needs a tweak or a transformation, you are sure to find a wealth of ideas during our day together. As an added benefit, you will receive a comprehensive library space resource handbook that has been specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook is filled with outstanding ideas and practical steps to help you revitalize your library space.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical, Powerful Ideas for Revitalizing Your Library Space
Learn how simple changes will make your library space more vital to students and teachers … Proven ideas for creating learning spaces your school and community can’t do without
- Create a More Welcoming and “User-Centered” Library Space
Increase your library’s circulation with user-centered library collections … See how adapting Dewey, creating different signage and focusing on established school projects will make your collection indispensable
- “Flip” Library Instruction: Provide Anywhere, Anytime Resources for Your Students
Discover the best online tools for flipping the library instruction model
- Embed the Most Useful Technology in Your Library Space: Build Research and Transliteracy Skills
Discover the best tools, add-ons and websites for students to employ for quality research and developing transliteracy skills
- Incorporate “Makerspaces” into Your Existing Library Space
“Makerspaces” can transform your library! They create an environment where students can work together to express their creativity and explore new ideas … Here’s how
- Streamline Management of Your Library Space
Streamline essential administrative functions to more efficiently organize your schedule and collect data without lifting a finger … Gain more time in your day!
- Add Technology Resources to Your Library Program
Learn about exemplary technology tools to add to your library program to better support students and teachers
- More Deeply Engage Students While Expanding Information Literacy Skills
Discover a wealth of ideas for working with students to help them learn essential research skills
- Provide Your Students with Easier Access to Online Resources
Learn about the best online tools to help curate resources for students and teachers and assist their access to informational texts
- Receive an Extensive Library Space Resource Handbook
You’ll receive an extensive resource handbook filled with the latest ideas, strategies and tools that will transform your library space from good to great!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical, proven ideas for revitalizing your library space
- The best online tools for curating resources
- Innovative, easy-to-implement strategies for creating a more welcoming and engaging library space
- Proven ways to evaluate the “usability” of everything in your library space
- Timesaving tools to better manage your library space and provide you with more time in your day
- How to develop your students’ transliteracy skills
- Ways to use hashtags to create a positive culture of reading
- Easy-to-use ideas for teaching your students when to choose databases over free websites
- Timesaving tips for making your print collection more user-centered
- New ideas for teaching students how to use informational sources as evidence
- The critical elements of the “New Essential Library” and what it means for your library space
- Practical ways to incorporate “makerspaces” into your existing library space
- How to use QR codes to provide instant access to a wide variety of resources that will increase student understanding
- How to “flip” library instruction through video tutorials and embedded presentations
- The newest tools and ideas for creating meaningful library reports for your stakeholders
- Multiple tips for successful co-teaching information literacy skills with faculty
- Ways to utilize cutting-edge tools to strengthen information literacy instruction
- How to expand your repertoire of media tools to improve your program
- The pitfalls to avoid in setting up a library space
- How to best use ebooks in your library
- Exemplary examples of successful library spaces and how you can create them in your own library
- How to identify several components of effective library spaces
- The best practices in library space design and management
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I love talking with other librarians about ways we can revitalize what we do. As a librarian who has worked in a variety of both school and public libraries, it’s been my experience that there are lots of little things that can make a significant impact on revitalizing our library space.
I invite you to join me for an exciting day filled with practical ideas for revitalizing your library space to make it a more welcoming, engaging and user-friendly environment. I will share with you proven, useful resources to help make your library/media instruction more successful. Throughout the day, I will be offering new technologies and ideas for amping up your existing library program. We will finish our day with a fast-paced research workshop embedded in your state standards. You will walk away with examples of research-based assessments, rubrics and project ideas you can use immediately for revitalizing your library space.
Whether you work in a school or public library, this seminar will provide you with practical and proven ideas to revitalize your library program. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. This seminar will focus on practical, budget-friendly ideas for revitalizing your library space!
Who Should Attend
School Library/Media Specialists, Public Librarians, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators serving grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical techniques and strategies for revitalizing your library space
- Dozens of technology resources to make teaching information literacy skills easy and engaging
- Teacher collaboration tools, ideas and resources
- Customizable resources for teaching the research process, including performance assessment ideas, rubrics and templates
- Sample surveys for assessing your existing school library program
- Report-writing tools, ideas and infographic examples of powerful library reports
- Checklists for personalizing your print library collection to increase student learning
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other librarians interested in revitalizing their grades K-12 library program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.