Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
TWO DAY INTENSIVE MATH COACH INSTITUTE
STRENGTHENING YOUR MATH PROGRAM:
Powerful Coaching Strategies to Accelerate
and Enhance Math Achievement
Specifically Designed for K-6 District and School Leaders/Leadership Teams: Math Coaches; Math Specialists and Classroom Teachers on Special Assignment as Math Lead Teachers; Professional Development Trainers; and Administrators
- Learn how to accelerate your effectiveness as a math coach
- Receive ready-to-use tools and activities to support math coaching, planning, and reflecting
- Learn how to overcome obstacles and build an environment where teachers and students can excel
- Build sustainable supports that help teachers implement high quality math instruction
- Practical strategies that engage student interest, increase student participation and strengthen academic achievement in mathematics
- Learn how to effectively support teachers who struggle with math instruction in grades K-6
- Receive an extensive, ready-to-use resource handbook filled with engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, detailed techniques, and practical instructional resources that can be used immediately to support teachers, and students struggling in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Increase your skills as a math coach in this strategy-packed two-day institute led by Presidential Awardee for Excellence in Mathematics, Award Winning Innovation Teacher, International Presenter, coach and expert, Ryan Doetch. Over the course of two days, you will discover how to work with teachers to identify and implement the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based instructional strategies to increase students’ mathematical achievement in the classroom, at school and at the district level. You will learn how to enhance your coaching to strengthen math instruction and strengthen students’ reasoning, problem solving and computational skills and help students excel on school, district or state assessments.
This is a unique opportunity to evaluate your own program in light of the most current research and best practices. Take advantage of this two-day institute and gain new insights and instructional techniques to boost mathematical learning. Discover the key components of the most successful math programs and how you can adapt them to meet the needs of your own school or district. Gain valuable coaching skills for working with reluctant or even resistant staff members. Whether you are new to coaching or an experienced specialist looking for fresh ideas, you will find numerous ideas, strategies, techniques, and activities that you can use immediately with any math curriculum. All participants will leave with an extensive and comprehensive resource handbook with strategies, resources and lesson-planning guides that you can immediately put to use to motivate, inspire and support your teachers and students.
Join Ryan and your colleagues for two fast-paced days, packed with the best research-based literacy strategies to increase the mathematical skills of students in your school and district.
A Practical, Two Day Institute Focused on Increasing Your Effectiveness as a Math Coach
Plan to attend as a school or district team, a representative team member or district team leader to increase your effectiveness as a math coach and enhance the mathematical achievement of your students. You will learn how to build on the success of your current program, identify key components that have the greatest impact on student math achievement and find specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. Leave equipped with coaching skills that are successful with even the most reluctant teachers, specific instructional strategies that accelerate student learning and enhance the mathematical instruction within your school or district, and proven professional development ideas that engage staff members and have a higher probability of implementation.
Structure Your Math Instruction for the Greatest Results and Boost Teacher Expertise AND Student Achievement
Discover the attributes of highly successful math instruction and highly effective coaching strategies that ensure implementation and teacher growth, including building teacher instructional expertise in working with struggling students. Strengthen your own coaching skills in working with reluctant teachers, and gain valuable ideas for conducting motivating and inspiring professional development opportunities. During these two days, you will learn specific strategies to increase the problem-solving, computation and reasoning skills of students. Additionally, you will receive highly effective coaching techniques and specific ways to conduct powerful professional development opportunities that can have a major and positive impact on the math achievement of your students.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Key components of exemplary math instruction that accelerate student learning … Implications for your own school or district program
- Provide teachers with specific intervention strategies to use with struggling students
- How to balance your role as a “math expert” and colleague on a staff
- Practical suggestions to organize yourself as an effective math coach
- The most effective qualities of an instructional leader … Specific implications for math coaches
- How to deliver math content most effectively through professional development, in-class modeling and feedback
- Best practices in math including computation, reasoning, problem-solving and more
- How to create an effective system to model effective math instruction for teachers and provide valuable feedback based on in-class observations
- Specific ways to work with reluctant teachers, new teachers or teachers new to a grade level
- How to get more teachers to invite you into their room for coaching
- How to balance what teachers need and what they want from you as their coach
- How to increase your own skills and expertise to meet the specific needs of teachers from kindergarten to 6th grade
- Specific ideas to provide scientific, research-based instruction that will enable you and your teachers to strengthen students’ skills in math
- How to ask questions to guide teachers to analyze their own instruction and effectiveness
- How to build on what you currently have in place by targeting what your teachers really need and what you can add or change
- How to help teachers create focused lessons and thinking strategies to teach new content, deepen understanding and increase your students’ math skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
This two-day institute will help you increase your effectiveness as a Math Coach and how you help teachers increase student achievement in math. You’ll experience hands-on strategies on both days to increase your coaching expertise and build on your current coaching model. Grouping, assessment, choosing high-impact materials, and research-proven, best practices are just a few of the topics we will cover. My goal is to bring together the tried and true methods for coaching and give you a few new twists to make it all manageable.
I have designed this institute to help you make a huge difference in the vision and framework of your mathematics program. I will provide you with research-based strategies, examples, detailed techniques and practical instructional resources that can be used immediately to help teachers help students struggling in math, and raise the mathematical achievement of all your students. I want you to walk away with highly effective practices that strengthen your coaching capacity.
As a fellow instructional coach I know we play a huge role in supporting the success of students by providing relevant and effective guidance, support, strategies, models, and exemplars for our fellow teachers. I also know it can be rather challenging to help teachers who have fallen behind in their math curriculum while trying to keep up with school, district, and state expectations. I want to show you practical ways to strengthen your mathematics coaching. You’ll leave with highly effective resources that inspire teachers and help students achieve excellence and success in mathematics. Come and enjoy this highly productive institute where we’ll examine the most effective ways to coach and support teachers so students develop a deeper content understanding and receive a higher quality of mathematics instruction.
I look forward to working with you at the Institute!
P.S. All the strategies, techniques and resources we’ll discuss are highly practical.
Who Should Attend
K-6 District and School Leaders/Leadership Teams: Math Coaches; Math Specialists and Classroom Teachers on Special Assignment as Math Lead Teachers; Professional Development Trainers; and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this two-day institute. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of innovative ideas to strengthen your coaching capacity in mathematics
- Sustainable resources for professional development
- Highly practical coaching strategies and tips to help and support teachers in their classrooms
- Ready-to-use tools and activities to support coaching, planning and reflecting
- Coaching practices that provide teachers with deeper content understanding and highly effective mathematics instruction
- Access to Ryan’s website, full of lesson plans, black-line masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive whiteboard lessons, and much more
Meet and Share
This institute provides a great opportunity for school and district math coaches and leadership teams to meet and share ideas with other math coaches who are also interested in practical ways to improve their math programs to help students succeed in school.
Ryan Doetch will be available throughout the two-day institute for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own math coaching program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.