Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Two Day Intensive Literacy Coach Institute
Powerful Intervention Strategies to Accelerate the Reading and Writing Achievement of Your Struggling Students and At Risk Groups
Presented by Savanna Flakes
Specifically Designed for Grades 6-12 District and School Leaders and School Leadership Teams: Department Leaders, Classroom Teachers, Administrators, Instructional Coaches, Title I Staff, and Special Education Staff
(School Team participation is encouraged, but not required)
- Identify and implement the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based instructional strategies to greatly increase the reading and writing achievement of struggling students in your school, school department or district
- Learn the key components of exemplary programs that are raising reading and writing achievement for at-risk groups and how you can incorporate the components into your own district, school or classroom program
- Discover effective strategies for working with struggling students, including reading and writing strategies, dynamic assessment practices and differentiated instructional strategies
- Cutting-edge, timesaving technology strategies including the use of iPads®, apps, mobile devices, and online web resources
- Begin to build a success model using engaging instructional practices and developing a growth mindset that will encourage students to take responsibility for their learning
- Develop an action plan you can begin to implement immediately when you return to your school or district
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Learn how to better teach and lead your department, school or district in this strategy-packed, two-day institute led by outstanding national presenter, Savanna Flakes. Savanna will show you how to work with teachers to identify and implement the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based instructional strategies to greatly increase student reading and writing achievement school-wide or district-wide.
You will discover innovative practices to help struggling students meet and exceed rigorous curriculum. In addition, learn how to create teacher expertise in working with at-risk groups along with ways to continually monitor and adjust instruction based on student results. This is a unique opportunity to evaluate your own classroom, department, school, or district program in light of current research that identifies the most effective instructional practices and gain an in-depth look at the key components of successful schools and how these can be applied to your own program.
Receive an extensive resource handbook and dozens of strategies to help you lead and teach your teachers. Join Savanna and your colleagues for two, fast-paced days packed with the best, research-based strategies to begin to raise the achievement of your at-risk population.
A Practical, Two Day Institute Focused on Increasing Achievement for Your Struggling, At Risk Students in Grades 6-12
Plan to attend as a school or district team, a representative team member, department head, literacy coach, or a school leader to accelerate the achievement of struggling students. You will learn the key components that have the greatest impact on student reading and writing achievement and analyze the specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. You will gain dozens of practical, hands-on instructional strategies you can use immediately with students in every subject, and leave equipped with a wealth of the most effective reading and writing strategies to raise the achievement of your struggling students in grades 6-12.
Develop an Implementation Plan for the Greatest Results to Accelerate Student Achievement
Discover the most effective strategies for accelerating student growth, including effective reading and writing strategies, dynamic assessment practices, differentiated instruction practices, current and cutting-edge technology resources, student grouping structures, and teaching students to develop a growth mindset to take responsibility for their own learning. During the two days you will have time to assess your own practices and build an action plan to implement the most effective practices in your own setting.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Key components of exemplary programs that are accelerating reading and writing achievement for struggling students in grades 6-12 … Implications for your own school or district program
- Develop a repertoire of intervention strategies for your at-risk groups that you can immediately use with students and share with staff
- What highly effective teachers know and do when working with struggling students and how you can adapt the strategies to your existing program
- Latest iPad uses and apps to engage students in practice and application of key reading and writing skills
- How to manage a differentiated classroom and small groups to practice targeted skills and deepen understanding
- Get students engaged using the technology they love
- How to build on what you currently have in place by targeting the essential skills students need with simple adjustments and changes
- Proven strategies to help students make meaning when reading all kinds of text – informational, expository, persuasive, and narrative
- Specific ideas to provide research-based instruction to enable you and your teachers to strengthen student writing skills in all content areas
- Step-by-step process to teach students a variety of structures for summarizing text – orally and in writing
- Dozens of instructional strategies and resources to engage and maintain students in active learning in all content areas
- Create rigorous, student-centered tasks that allow them to utilize their knowledge and skills in all subject areas
- Research-based literacy strategies to build reading and writing skills in your struggling students
- Set a positive learning tone to motivate struggling students to take risks in their learning
- Specific ideas to maximize the use of key vocabulary to build understanding of concepts and increase achievement in all subjects
- Practical ideas and strategies to increase comprehension and fluency in reading all texts across the curriculum
- Dynamic assessment techniques to collect rich student data and use to adjust instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Educators have been concerned about accelerating achievement for struggling students and at-risk groups for many years. Despite the challenges the achievement gap presents, there is good news from a number of scientifically-based, longitudinal studies, that as educators, we have the power to increase achievement for all students. The teacher, teacher teams, entire school, and district can set high expectations and a positive tone that will change the way students think about school and their own role in meeting high standards. Specifically, each teacher plays a critical role in increasing student achievement. The essential ingredient to student success is having teachers who have a repertoire of highly effective instructional strategies to match a variety of student needs. As a secondary educator, I have witnessed success stories of students who thrive on engaging and targeted instruction. I am extremely excited to share with you proven and research-based strategies to accelerate students’ reading and writing achievement that I, along with my colleagues, have used successfully.
During this unique two-day institute, my goal is to provide a rewarding professional learning experience that will help you seamlessly integrate high-yield instructional strategies and technology into your reading and writing. By providing you with a wealth of engaging, evidenced-based instructional practices and then allocating specific time to plan your implementation of the strategies, you will leave ready to have a positive impact on student achievement. Motivating reluctant learners, effective reading and writing practices, differentiated instruction and grouping, dynamic assessment, and small group learning structures, are just some of the topics we will explore. You will experience hands on-strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement.
I extend to you a personal invitation to join your colleagues and me in the continual learning and sharing of work to ensure student success. I pledge that you will leave this two-day institute with dozens of practical strategies for accelerating student achievement and decreasing the achievement gap of your at-risk, struggling learners.
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of specific reading and writing instructional strategies to increase the success of your struggling students.
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for Grades 6-12 District and School Leaders and School Leadership Teams: Department Leaders, Classroom Teachers, Administrators, Instructional Coaches, Title I Staff, and Special Education Staff.
(School Team participation is encouraged, but not required).
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this institute. Included in the handbook are:
- Ideas for creating a learning environment to accelerate student achievement
- Instructional strategies on differentiation, cooperative learning and literacy development
- A list of free technology resources to help meet the needs of your classroom
- Tips for effective assessment and teaching
- And much more!
Meet and Share
This institute provides a great opportunity for school and leadership teams to meet and share ideas with other educators who are also interested in practical ways to improve student achievement throughout their schools.
Savanna Flakes will be available throughout the two-day institute for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own educational program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.