Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Current, Best Strategies for SECOND GRADE:
Enhance Your Second Grade Instruction with Practical, New and Innovative Strategies and Ideas
Presented by Beth Knoedelseder
Specifically Designed for SECOND GRADE Teachers
- Best strategies to enhance and strengthen your second grade program
- Practical and innovative ways to increase the learning and achievement of all your second grade students – from the struggling to the high-achieving learners
- Discover and use outstanding, free resources perfect for second grade instruction
- Current, project based learning ideas to integrate learning, along with reading, writing, math, and science activities you and your students will love
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of ideas, student-proven strategies, tips, and tools for strengthening your second grade program and increasing the fun of teaching and learning!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Save yourself hours of time looking for new and creative ways to enhance your second grade program – the work has been done for you! In this NEW seminar, Beth Knoedelseder, an award-winning and experienced second grade teacher, will save you time by sharing the very best ideas, resources and student-proven strategies ideal for your second grade classroom.
Discover how you can actively engage all your second graders using creative reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and art projects that seamlessly provide students practice in applying their learning to real-world scenarios. Unlock your students’ interests with powerful math strategies that involve them in using math skills to solve problems. Learn how to develop purposeful routines in reading and writing that will significantly strengthen overall achievement and motivation. You will explore new ways to enhance your instruction through hands-on, experiential learning.
Whether you are new to second grade or a seasoned second grade teacher, you will leave this seminar with new ideas and strategies you can use immediately when you return to your own second grade classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dozens of New and Innovative Strategies to Enhance Your Second Grade Instruction
Breathe new life into your second grade classroom with innovative and creative ways to teach your curriculum … New ideas and practical strategies you can easily adapt to what you are currently teaching
- New Ideas to Increase Second Grade Student Achievement
Refresh your instruction with strategies that will teach key second grade skills and concepts in ways that increase students’ retention and understanding … Ideas for all students – from the struggling to more advanced learners
- Timesaving Ways to Teach More in Less Time … High-Impact, Low-Prep Strategies
Save time throughout the day with these high-impact, low-prep strategies … Work smarter, not harder!
- Strengthen the Reading and Writing Skills of Your Second Graders
Practical ideas for using model strategies to strengthen your second graders’ reading skills … Motivate second graders to read more and gain confidence in writing!
- Easy-to-Use, Interactive Vocabulary Strategies
A variety of easy-to-use, interactive strategies to help your second graders develop and build their vocabulary, and have fun using new words in their reading and writing … New and different ways to integrate academic vocabulary throughout your day
- Ideas to Increase Math Skills for Second Grade and Integrate Math Across Other Content Areas
Practice a multi-modal approach to teach math skills and concepts … Ideas you can use immediately to apply math concepts across the curriculum
- Make Learning Logs Work in Your Classroom
Practical strategies to engage second graders in writing using learning logs … Help students improve their writing and learning by clarifying their thinking, collecting new ideas, making personal connections, and pushing their imaginations
- Increase ‘Academic Talk’ to Boost Learning and Active Participation
Specific questioning techniques to keep second graders engaged and motivated in active discussions … In addition to creating strong questions, explore ways to carve out space and time to improve literacy instruction that is driven by student questions
- How You Can Incorporate Project Based Learning
Discover how to start or enhance project based learning in your second grade program to get students actively engaged in applying key skills and concepts to their daily lives … Strategies and projects you can use right away!
- Learn Innovative Ways to Differentiate Your Second Grade Instruction
Help students discover their best ways of learning, watch them become more engaged and increase their understanding of concepts … Learn effective strategies for creating a classroom environment that creates highly engaged students and develops deep thinkers
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, practical strategies to strengthen and enhance your second grade classroom program
- New children’s literature – how to use it to increase your students’ reading and writing skills
- High-impact, low-prep strategies to teach more in less time
- When and how to use mentor texts to increase writing skills of your students
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep students engaged and ensure active participation in learning
- Specific ideas to teach vocabulary to your second graders to increase comprehension
- Maximize your second graders’ math skills and concepts
- Outdoor classroom activities to teach key concepts in all content areas
- Creative ways to use poetry in lessons and in everyday procedures
- A variety of ways to pose questions and literacy instruction driven by student interests
- Easy ways to incorporate the arts into your instruction
- Use of learning logs to improve writing and deepen thinking
- Moving from the teacher’s role to a facilitator’s role
- Learn innovative ways to use poetry throughout your school day to enrich science, social studies and math lessons
- Ways to stimulate thinking and deepen understanding of concepts
- Specific before, during and after reading strategies to strengthen your second graders’ comprehension
- Strategies to get students comfortable with writing
- How to make the most of your limited reading and writing time
- Ways to build positive relationships and create a positive classroom culture
- Fun ways to integrate the subjects and see the benefits of connecting key concepts in projects
- Incorporate challenge-based learning into your instruction
- Receive a plethora of creative ideas to impact student learning, incorporate movement, music, and art into social studies, science and math lessons
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have always been proud to be an educator. My earliest memories of learning are when I sat at my mother’s side while she washed the dishes. She was my first teacher as she used unique tools and strategies to master skills while I thought it was just play. As a teacher, I always search for exciting and practical ideas to help my second grade students learn in fun, highly motivating ways and I look forward to the opportunity to introduce these strategies to other enthusiastic second grade teachers, like yourself!
I can’t wait to share with you the dozens of tips, tools and student-proven strategies that I know work well for second grade teachers. This day is devoted just to second grade teachers and is filled with new, creative ideas, strategies and resources you will be able to immediately use in your own classroom. We will be looking at techniques that will deepen understanding for your second graders in language arts, math and science. I will share my favorite children’s books, mentor texts and a wealth of resources and project ideas perfect for second grade skills and interests, along with the best strategies for using them with your students.
I hope you will join me for a fast-paced day of new, practical ideas to enhance your instruction in ways that will increase achievement and engage your second graders so they enjoy learning as much as they do playing!
P.S. I know how valuable your time is and how difficult it is to be away from your classroom for even one day, so I have developed this seminar to focus on new, best strategies, activities, tips, and timesaving tools for today’s second grade classrooms!
Who Should Attend
Second Grade Teachers.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Various organizers for writing
- Tools and strategies to increase your second grade students’ achievement
- List of websites, books and resources to enhance your instruction
- Steps and hints for crafting integrated project based learning opportunities
- Sample pages that are options for a learning log
- Original poems to use in lessons and everyday procedures
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in current, innovative strategies to enhance their second grade instruction.
Beth Knoedelseder will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own second grade classroom.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.