Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Current, Best Strategies for FIRST GRADE:
Innovative Tools and Ideas
Presented by Gale Pukall
Specifically Designed for FIRST GRADE Teachers
- Practical, innovative ways to increase the learning of your first grade students
- The best, NEW Children’s books ideal for first graders and how to use them to teach foundational skills, informational text and close reading
- The most current first grade guided math strategies and how to use them to help your first graders
- Specific ways to incorporate STEM into your first grade math and science lessons
- Fun, creative ways to build better writing skills in first grade
- And much, much more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for ways to engage your first-grade students in meaningful math and English/language arts activities? Would you like to discover practical, engaging and developmentally appropriate STEM activities/lessons that do not take a lot of teacher prep time but help first graders develop and learn valuable skills?
In this seminar, outstanding first grade teacher, Gale Pukall, will provide you with the best, most current strategies designed to strengthen your first grade students’ academic skills. The emphasis will be on highly practical ways you can effectively and efficiently apply the latest ideas, instructional techniques and strategies in your own first grade classroom.
You will learn organization and management tips to help strengthen students’ math and language arts skills. Discover workable ideas for integrating STEM into your classroom, acquire exciting ideas to best teach social studies, and much, much more! You will leave this seminar with powerful strategies, resources and ways to enhance your first grade program and elevate your students’ learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Most Current First Grade Guided Math Strategies
Powerful guided math strategies ideal for first grade … Small group, whole class and center ideas that will strengthen your first grade guided math instruction
- Help Your First Grade Students Develop Strong Number Sense
A strong number sense is a foundational skill necessary for success in mathematics … Discover powerful and fun activities designed to increase the number sense of ALL your first grade students
- Specific Ways to Differentiate Your Math Instruction
Practical, student-friendly and teacher-friendly ideas to keep your first graders on track and enhance their success in math
- Boost First Graders’ Literacy Skills
Elevate your first graders’ reading and writing skills in both fiction and nonfiction … Discover the latest in “close reading” and how to increase first graders’ reading proficiency and vocabulary
- Powerful, Fun and Strategic Ways to Increase Writing Fluency in First Grade
Time-efficient ways to develop the writing fluency of your first graders … Low prep/grading time writing lessons ideal for first grade
- Discover the Best, NEW Children’s Books for First Grade
Thousands of new children’s books were published in the last year … Discover the best titles for your first graders, including ones that increase students’ literacy and math success
- Learn the Best New Ways to Incorporate STEM into Your First Grade Classroom
Discover effective lessons and ways to integrate STEM into your first grade classroom … Build your students’ creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enhance First Grade Science and Social Studies Instruction
Discover the newest trends in science and social studies instruction that will hook your students on learning critical first grade concepts … Increase your students’ motivation and excitement during science and social studies time
- Foster a Positive Growth Mindset in Your First Grade Classroom
Help your first grade students develop grit, perseverance and a positive outlook on their learning
- Receive an Extensive First Grade Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with the best, most current first grade model lessons, templates, activities, technology resources, activities and ideas
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The latest trends in math instruction including guided math and center ideas
- Specific ways to utilize STEM lessons in your first grade classroom
- The best educational websites and how to use them in your own first grade classroom
- Practical ways to increase writing fluency
- The best new children’s books and how to use them to increase reading and writing skills with your first grade students
- How to establish powerful reading and writing routines that can increase your first grade students’ reading and writing proficiency
- Ways to powerfully use “close reading” in your instruction
- When and how to use “mentor texts” to increase the writing skills of your students
- How to create low-cost, hands-on activities to engage and motivate your first grade students
- Timesaving teacher tips to help you work smarter not harder
- Powerful intervention strategies that will help you catch those students who are struggling before they fall too far behind
- The latest education ideas for differentiating your instruction to meet the learning needs and styles of all your students
- How to foster a positive growth mindset and increase your first grade students’ grit, perseverance and willingness to try more than once
- How to utilize blended learning to maximize student learning and growth in first grade
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am so, SO excited about this program! I, too, am a full-time teacher of first grade students. It is my passion, and I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas that can be used in my classroom! This seminar contains activities, lessons, and ideas that can easily, and inexpensively, be implemented in your classroom. I have successfully used these teacher-friendly, developmentally appropriate activities in math, reading, writing, science, and social studies with my own first grade students. They are fun, creative and will increase the academic learning of ALL your students.
As a current first grade teacher, I know the challenges you face. We strive to meet the demands of today’s classroom, and prepare students for a world of technological advances, while continually looking for ways to enhance our practice with our first graders. I have designed this seminar specifically to address the realities you and your first grade students face.
You will learn techniques that will “deepen understanding” for your first graders in mathematics and English/language arts. We will explore new ways to help our students use informational texts in their reading and writing lessons, while discovering new, outstanding children’s literature. You will receive powerful strategies and activities to help your students develop strong number sense and algebraic thinking. I will also share the latest in STEM instruction and the best educational websites that are designed specifically for first grade.
All of the new ideas, lessons and activities I share can be implemented the very next day in your own first grade classroom. I promise, you will leave inspired and excited about all the outstanding strategies you can use to dramatically enhance your first grade program.
I look forward to meeting your soon!!
P.S. I know how valuable your time is and how difficult it is to be away from your classroom for even a day. That’s why I designed this seminar to focus on the newest, best first grade strategies and activities.
Who Should Attend
FIRST GRADE Teachers.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- The latest websites, apps and technology resources to enhance student achievement
- Practical ways to implement state standards in first grade
- Current first grade math strategies
- Innovative ways to use iPads and apps designed for first grade students
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in the latest educational trends, resources and strategies to enhance their first grade programs.
Gale Pukall will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own first grade program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.