Timesaving Strategies to Integrate Your OT Interventions into Classrooms: Accelerate the Success of Your School-Based OT Practice
Presented by Beverly Moskowitz,
DOT, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA
Specifically Designed for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants Serving Preschool-Grade 12
- Dozens of timesaving ideas you can use immediately to embed OT accommodations into the school day, promote function and increase participation for all students
- Proven strategies to integrate fine motor, movement, handwriting, and sensory goals with academic content
- Schedule your day for maximum impact … Work smarter, not harder, using inclusive school- and classroom-wide best practices
- Save time and add authenticity to your OT treatments by using general education and "special" lesson plans as your guide for addressing personal, social, academic, music, art, physical education, and computer needs
- Demonstrations, models and a hands-on seminar, complete with an extensive occupational therapy resource handbook filled with timesaving ideas, strategies and tools
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Specifically designed for school-based occupational therapists, this seminar presented by sought-after school therapist, Beverly Moskowitz, is rich with dozens of practical, timesaving strategies to make you more effective and more efficient. Increase teacher follow through and student carryover by broadening your scope of strategies that cut across the curriculum. Become more confident and comfortable embedding your treatments into the classroom and integrating your treatment goals with academic content.
Expand your professional repertoire with proven and easy-to-implement options that support best practices yet are cognizant of the time, budgetary and instructional limitations in today's busy schools. Embed OT strategies, measurable goals and inclusive practices throughout all settings and all school environments. Learn how to be more proficient in managing your time, more economical with your paperwork and more quantitative in your data collection.
You leave with new, innovative strategies that ensure the function, participation and independence are achievable goals for your students!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Timesaving and Highly Effective Strategies to Better Integrate Your OT Interventions into the Classroom and Throughout the School
Spend less time planning and more time providing therapy in classrooms … Discover efficient and creative ways to address fine motor, manipulative, movement, sensory, and handwriting issues during instructional time
- Optimize Impact and Social Skill Carryover
Identify new and innovative opportunities to develop self-regulation, social acuity and peer mentors … Tap into peer groups to expand disability awareness and acceptance … Kids teaching kids … Way more efficient!!
- Significantly Increase Authentic Skill Development
Maximize carryover through applied life skills curriculum … Collaborate with all professionals, aides, family members, and ancillary staff to create meaningful learning experiences … Best practices!
- Explore Valid and Reliable Data Collection Methods
Quantify skills, tasks and goals through participation-based progress monitoring … Appreciate the ease and validity of goal-attainment scaling as well as the tremendous timesaving benefits of rubrics
- Tap into the General Education Classroom Curriculum
Save time and add authenticity to your OT practice using general education lesson plans, state standards and the Written Language Production Standards as your guide to help teachers write lesson plans that support mutual goals … Gain collaborative ideas you can take back and use immediately
- Individualize Treatments with Low and High-Tech Options
Explore drawing features of Word and Pages to create worksheets that can be saved, mailed, and customized … Learn how the Wisconsin Assistive Technology Initiative (WATI) expedites AT assessments and decisions … Don't reinvent the wheel … Awesome stuff is easy and free and is at your fingertips!
- To Write or Not to Write Goals? That is the Question!
Merge OT goals with teacher goals? Expand the scope and practice of school-based OT into homes and the community? How can more work be less work? Learn how workload models not only promote the ideals of IDEA, but also improve time management.
- Address the Volumes of Handwriting Referrals More Effectively
Discover how alternate conceptual frameworks, structure and work materials change legibility and competency immediately as identified in the Size Matters Handwriting Program
- Strengthen Specially Designed Instruction for Consistent Follow-Through
Clarify distinctions between types of accommodation … Identify and share do-able strategies that promote OT sensibilities, access and participation across the curriculum
- Receive an Extensive Occupational Therapy Resource Handbook Filled with Practical, Timesaving Ideas
Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with strategies, rubrics, reproducible data collection forms, scheduling, goal-writing tips, and more!
- Identify fine motor, manipulative, movement, sensory, and handwriting issues that can occur during instructional time
- Examine ways to work with students in the cafeteria, library, hallways, or playground … Embrace sensory/movement paths!
- Make Likert or Goal Attainment Scales that work for you and your students
- Write SDI goals that ensure adequate training time and foster follow-through
- Identify strategies to help your OT students increase participation, independence and executive functioning in the classroom
- Discuss how you can increase your comfort within the classroom by clarifying your role as an educationally-based OT and a related service provider
- Select the best collaboration strategies to communicate more effectively with teachers and parents from students' intake to graduation
- Select data collection and goal writing that is measurable, meaningful, realistic, and fast
- Create rubrics that address real student needs at home, the community and school
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my 43+ years of practice, I've witnessed a seismic evolution in OT's role as service providers in school. Initially defined through individual treatments, we have grown as collaborators and coordinators now charged with realizing IDEA's mandate to address all needs in all settings. Fortunately, it has been a model and a mission in my own practice long before it became a movement within our profession. Following AOTA's 2025 Vision, IDEA guidelines and tireless research, I will share dozens of do-able, innovative and easy ideas to implement best practices in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
Let's learn together how your schools and students can benefit from our unique OT perspectives delivered in authentic settings. Integrate OT interventions across the curriculum. Explore alternative progress monitoring options like rubrics. Graduate students as neat printers using a truly evidence-based, embeddable handwriting program. Discover free resources for lesson plans and goal writing, parent education and self-regulation, interdisciplinary collaboration and professional growth, and more. Maximize your time by shifting your practice from a caseload model to a workload one.
I invite you to join me for a day rich in realistic, measurable, embeddable, practical and timesaving strategies designed to help you and your students experience success … and have fun doing it!!
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Beverly H. Moskowitz, DOT MS OTR/L FAOTA
P.S. The emphasis of this seminar is on timesaving, measurable and embeddable strategies for today's busy OTs.
Who Should Attend
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants serving Preschool-Grade 12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Occupational Therapy Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive occupational therapy resource handbook specifically designed for school-based occupational therapists. Your handbook includes:
- Timesaving interventions to strengthen your expertise as a school-based OT or OT Assistant
- Rubrics, reproducible data collection forms, scheduling and goal-writing tips … And more!
- Dozens of practical strategies to increase the performance, participation and success of your students with a range of exceptionalities
- Effective, efficient, affordable, and motivating methods, modalities and materials to make your job more manageable and more time efficient
- Alternative delivery models that promote inclusive programming and the dissemination of OT insights and wisdom
- Collaboration skills to win teachers' cooperation and allow students with disabilities to function optimally in their general education classrooms
- Tips for easy data collection and measurable progress monitoring systems
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for occupational therapists to meet and share ideas for improving the effectiveness of their school-based programs.
Beverly Moskowitz will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own occupational therapy program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.