Strengthen Your Speech-Language Pathologist Teletherapy Program
Presented by MariBeth Plankers
Specifically Designed for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Using Teletherapy with Students Grades K-12
- Practical strategies to increase the success of SLP teletherapy assessments and intervention for all your students
- Innovative interventions that will engage and motivate the participation of your students across the Big Nine areas of teletherapy
- Practical strategies that will “hook” students into participating in your SLP teletherapy program with more enthusiasm
- Optimize your therapy sessions and student relationships through activities that connect your students as they learn using a teletherapy model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do you need to do to make your SLP teletherapy more effective and efficient with your students? Receive a list of web-based interactive resources and applications to share with your students and families. In this seminar by outstanding Speech-Language Pathologist and Assistive Technology Professional MariBeth Plankers, learn the value of play-based therapy and the importance of communication intervention to gain insight into your students learning preferences, comprehension, and critical thinking skills as you assess for continued learning and understanding. Make every moment count with hands-on and electronic materials that your students can use during and after online sessions for practice and independent work with generalization of skills. Help your students become even more successful communicators through an engaging and motivating teletherapy environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Jumpstart and/or Update Your Online Teletherapy with All Students
Begin each of your sessions with evidence-based intervention plans that will captivate and engage your teletherapy
- Unleash the Power of Questioning Designed for the Teletherapy Environment with All Your Students
Strengthen your virtual connection with students using techniques to increase the success of remote observations, assessment, and evaluation of performance across the Big Nine areas for the SLP
- Virtual SLP Play-Based Therapy … Is It Possible? YES!
Learn how to initiate and manage play-based therapy with your students in distance learning while addressing receptive and expressive language needed for communication
- Simple Ways to Provide a Higher Quality Virtual Experience in Your SLP Program
Explore informal literacy assessments and interventions that teach skills for comprehension, narrative language, phonics, and phonemic awareness that can be easily adapted to teletherapy
- Increase the Success of Diverse Speech and Language Learners in Your Virtual Setting
Invite your students into the virtual setting with specific and innovative activities that keep students wanting to learn more related to their communicative needs
- Strengthen At-Home Generalization Learning
Distance learning provides an exceptional opportunity to model what the speech language pathologist targets in intervention along with demonstrating the generalization for communication of learning beyond therapy
- Incorporate More Powerful Sensory Brain Breaks During Your Teletherapy Experience
Explore the use of sensory integration to empower learners to maintain engagement, participation, and successful outcomes throughout your teletherapy sessions
- Encourage a Higher Level of Self-Regulation and Management to Increase Your Student’s Online Learning Independence
Utilize the most effective practices to help your students move from a modeled on-screen lesson to more independent implementation in their own learning environment
- Increase Authentic Parent Communication and Family Connections
Expand your repertoire of powerful daily interventions, tasks, and routines that unite the home and teletherapy room connection
- Practical, Ready-to-Use Materials and Resources at Your Fingertips or Keyboard
Leave this seminar with your own comprehensive digital resource handbook filled with a multitude of strategies for your school and virtual desktop
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Administration of formal and informal SLP assessment tools that will lead to more functional and practical intervention
- Effective and efficient methods for assessing receptive and expressive language, narrative and written language, voice, fluency, and particularly/phonological skills via teletherapy
- Determine measurability for voice, fluency, articulation, and pragmatic production via visual screen presentation for the student to better understand the outcomes and measures
- Applicable ways to incorporate current goals and objectives into your teletherapy
- How to align your language therapy with literacy programs your students use in the classroom and in online learning
- Current technology, online web-based and application resources that support communication skills and the development across a variety of disorders and communicative needs
- Ideas for incorporating multi-disciplinary instruction, Universal Design for Learning and Assistive Technology through teletherapy
- Generalization strategies to help teachers and paraprofessionals better carryover the work you are doing in online therapy
- Various ideas for setting up collaborative treatment programs that are motivating for virtual learners
- Ideas to make your online therapy more motivating, engaging, and effective for your students across all disorder areas
- Accessible supports from the Assistive Technology Professional to support learners from no-tech to a level of high-tech
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Welcome to the virtual communication therapy room! I have found in my practice that our students are up for the challenge of distance-learning. Think of where they are today, whether we are online, teaching them in their homes or transitioning from online learning to the speech therapy room. I continue to see happiness, smiles, laughter, and excitement for learning. My goal for this seminar is to provide you with the helpful tools you will need directly from what is working in my own distance learning assessments and interventions. I will model a variety of assessments and lessons so that your confidence will soar as you embrace the uniqueness of online therapy.
How can we help, guide, and communicate with those whom we value in the home setting: parents, grandparents, caregivers, agency staff members? I will provide you with intervention plans that will work for guided practice and independent life-time learning. You will be on your way to a quality online session each day. Please join me in this seminar to learn strategies, assessments, and interventions that you can truly use in your own teletherapy practice. Come ready to talk, sing, play, read, move, and share a day packed with engagement, motivators, and ready-to-use ideas for the SLP serving students in an online environment!
MariBeth Plankers, M.S., CCC-SLP, ATP
P.S. I know how valuable your time is, so my focus will be on sharing practical strategies to make your SLP teletherapy more effective and efficient.
Who Should Attend
School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Using Teletherapy with Students Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- “Hear it today – use it tomorrow” assessments and interventions
- Distance learning tools for improving fluency, receptive and expressive language, literacy, augmentative alternative communications, written language, pragmatic, articulation, and voice
- A variety of specific therapy strategies to increase engagement and motivation for a variety of learners across ages
- Procedures to review, practice, and remind … cues for making distance learning a quality experience
- Ready-to-use materials in an organized digital resource handbook with guidelines for sharing these resources in a distance learning environment
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for MariBeth Plankers:
Presenter for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.