Practical Strategies for Making POWERFUL PRESENTATIONS
Presented by Deborah Estes
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-12: School District Professional Development Trainers, Literacy and Math Coaches, Mentor Teachers, Other Teacher Trainers, School Site Administrators, and District Office Administrators
Dozens of outstanding, practical ideas for designing and delivering powerful presentations – in ways that convince, inspire and lead
- Proven techniques for keeping your audience fully engaged from start to finish
- Innovative, highly‑effective strategies to make your points succinctly and persuasively
- A wealth of techniques – used by the experts – to connect with your audience and meet their needs
- Tips, tools, and a proven scaffold for designing powerful presentations that work!
- Modeling, demonstrations, and a valuable resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas, and proven suggestions for developing and designing dynamic presentations
Practical Ideas and Strategies
All of us in education spend the majority of our time communicating our ideas, plans, and thoughts to others. Whether we are leading teams or staff meetings, working with students, teachers, and parents, making presentations to colleagues or to the PTA or board of directors, or even representing our school and district at various functions, each of us is asked to make presentations. Yet few of us have ever received the training to do this as effectively as we could.
Have you ever watched a skillful presenter and wished you had the same confidence, poise and ability to express your point of view? In this highly engaging, practical seminar, Deborah Estes will share the techniques you need to make powerful presentations – learned techniques that will make a significant difference in your ability to persuade, explain and communicate with all the audiences you encounter.
Throughout this active, fun and fast‑paced day, Deborah will show you exactly what is needed to prepare and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences in many different settings, whether it be a small familiar group of colleagues or an important speech you are making to a large audience.
You will leave this energizing seminar feeling confident, revitalized and eager to use the critical skills you’ve learned for making each of your presentations really count!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Maximize the Success of Every Presentation!
Discover the keys to making all your presentations highly effective … How to plan your presentations to maximize learning, get your point across in powerful ways and ensure that your ideas are relevant, convincing and motivating
- Design Your Presentations for Active Participation – a Key to Success
Here they are – proven tips and ideas to build opportunities for active participation into every presentation … How to incorporate active learning strategies that energize and optimize your effect on adult learners
- Discover a Powerful Template for Planning Your Presentations
Examine the three critical components of the “nested” process: content, process and context in planning your presentations … How to ensure an effective learning environment that is receptive to your message
- Take Advantage of Movement to Promote Focus and Learning
The power of moving people is … moving people – it’s proven by research … How to use purposeful movement throughout your presentation to promote learning and keep everyone focused and involved
- Create a Compelling Learning Environment
Learn the eight steps to setting norms … How to ensure that your audience understands the behaviors you want them to exhibit, the reasons for these norms, and the positive impact of sticking to them
- Connect with Every Audience
There are four key mind styles you need to relate to in every presentation … Tips and techniques to ensure that you reach everyone by addressing their style and keeping them 100% involved
- Establish Strong Rapport and Credibility From the Start
Learn how to create and maintain solid rapport and credibility with every group … Discover the actions, words and manners that establish your professionalism and help you get your points across
- Choose the Most Effective Alternatives to Lectures
Avoid the boredom, inactivity and repetitive nature of lecturing … Discover impressive options such as mapping, multiple choice, interviews, key words, search and learn, and graphic association to increase interest and motivation of your audience
- Understand the Keys to Making Impressive Presentations
So often our nonverbal actions say more than our language … Learn how to use movement, voice, pauses, body language, and eye contact as the keys to great presentations
- Become an Outstanding Presenter
Here’s how to make that happen with tips from an expert and a simple but profound matrix for self assessment … Enhance your skills by focusing on these essential presenting skills
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Tips, tools and outstanding techniques to maximize the success of every presentation
- The key indications that tell you when the presentation really begins
- How to create and maintain solid rapport and credibility with every group
- The power and essential need for appropriate teambuilding activities
- Proven ways to quickly build the most effective relationships with your participants
- The importance of reflection – how and when to use it to enhance your impact
- The unique power of storytelling and how to share stories for varying purposes
- Quick, easy and effective ways to cope with nervousness
- Key techniques to identify your individual strengths and areas of growth in giving powerful presentations
- How to “draw” a conclusion regarding the impact of visuals in any presentation
- Powerful ways to increase participants’ understanding through the use of grouping
- Proven tips and ideas to build opportunities for active participation in every presentation
- Practical ways to help your participants process the key information you share
- Fun, effective and appropriate activities to help you establish the context of your presentation
- How to use eight critical steps for setting the most effective norms with every group
- Techniques to ensure that you reach everyone by addressing their styles and keeping them 100% involved
- Proven strategies for ensuring that your nonverbal actions say exactly what you want them to say
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Given the nature of what we all do in education, regardless of what roles we play, we spend a great deal of time communicating with others. And how often have each of us said to ourselves that we’d like to do an even more effective job of presenting our ideas, plans, proposals, and opinions to others? If you’ve ever thought about making your presentations more dynamic, getting people fully involved, or doing an even more effective job of making the points you want to make, this seminar is for you!
Contrary to what many people think, those individuals who are most effective in listening, persuading, leading, and inspiring others have developed these skills over time – skills which can be learned. It is my pleasure to be able to share the highly effective strategies you can use to make each presentation you make, from quick, impromptu small group meetings to formal, planned presentations as impressive and inspiring as you want them to be.
During our fast‑paced day together I will give you a wealth of techniques used by “experts” to make your presentations as succinct, persuasive and effective as possible. From practical, proven ways to connect with your audience to techniques that keep people listening and actively involved, you will be given the tips, tools and critical steps for designing and delivering dynamic presentations.
There are three constants that I believe are necessary for real learning to take place and I guarantee you’ll see them during this seminar: active participation, practical strategies you can easily incorporate into your next presentation, and serious fun!
When you leave I want you to have the most effective tools in your presentation toolbox that can easily be taken out and used the very next time you present. I’d like to personally invite you to attend this seminar and unlock the keys to making a significant difference in your ability to persuade, explain and communicate with every audience you encounter.
I look forward to having you join me for this exciting, worthwhile and highly practical day.
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to use these highly practical tips and techniques to enhance every presentation you make.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades K‑12: School District Professional Development Trainers, Literacy and Math Coaches, Mentor Teachers, Other Teacher Trainers, School Site Administrators, and District Office Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
Practical strategies for designing and delivering any kind of presentation
- Dozens of highly effective techniques to enhance the quality of your communication
- Proven ways to get the attention of any audience and keep them fully involved
- Quick, easy and effective ways to cope with nervousness
- Valuable resources and websites to enhance the quality of your presentations
- Planning models and practical templates for designing the most effective presentations
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their presentation skills.
Deborah Estes will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own presentations.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.