Accelerate Student Success in Your ELEMENTARY MUSIC PROGRAM Innovative Strategies, Engaging Lessons and Cutting-Edge Activities (Grades K-6)
Presented by John Churchville
Specifically Designed for Elementary General Music Teachers in Grades K-6
- New and innovative teaching strategies, music lessons, timesaving tips, and organizational methods for strengthening your elementary music program
- The best hands-on music resources and materials to enhance your music programs
- Proven techniques for integrating technology into the general music and instrumental music classroom including fun tools that teach theory, musical literacy and enhanced listening
- Practical strategies for creating original music with your elementary students, both in group and individual settings
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW resource-packed seminar, award-winning, nationally recognized music teacher John Churchville will inspire you to invigorate your music program and inspire your students to take greater ownership of their musical lives and become lifelong music makers. You will learn new and innovative techniques and methods that will more deeply engage your students, connect with your community and celebrate diversity in a multicultural music room setting. You will learn simple ways to connect and collaborate with PE, art, science, and social studies teachers with cross-curricular activities that are engaging and easy to implement.
In addition, you will learn simple ways to align your lessons and unit plans with national and state music standards. You’ll leave this seminar inspired and equipped with dozens of ideas and resources to push your elementary music program to the next level.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Invigorate Your Elementary Music Program
Learn dozens of new, innovative ways to take your elementary music program to the next level
- Discover New Music, Resources, Games, and Activities
These class-tested music activities will excite and engage your students. They are great motivators for keeping students on-task and thinking musically
- Foster Greater Student Ownership for Music Making
Students who feel ownership of their music making are more engaged, have a deeper appreciation for musicians, and love to compose their own music … Here’s how
- Discover Innovative Ways to More Efficiently Organize Your Music Classroom
Proven strategies, tips, tricks, and practical ideas to keep the flow of your music classroom running smooth, while keeping students engaged and saving time
- Cross-Curricular Collaboration Techniques
Discover practical and simple ideas that will have you and your students collaborating with science, art, gym, and secondary language teachers throughout the school year
- Practical, Simple and Effective Ways to Integrate Technology in Your Elementary Music Program
From the absolute beginner to the advanced tech-savvy teacher, you will gather helpful resources and learn practical ways you can integrate technology that will save time, engage your students outside the classroom and increase student ownership of their music making
- Maximize Your Instructional Time in Music
Learn proven ways to decrease transition time, assign duties and responsibilities to students, and increase your time-on-task … From music room organization to lesson sequencing, you will gather resources and ideas that will make you a more efficient and effective instructor
- Create a More Inclusive Multicultural Music Room Environment
Learn to utilize and celebrate the diversity of learning styles, needs, and cultural uniqueness of each student … Make your music room a place to celebrate diversity and the strengths of each individual student
- Align Your Curriculum with National and State Music Standards
Learn simple methods for making sure your curriculum and activities align with the national and state standards for music education … Using proven methods and models, you will learn how to curate a well-rounded music curriculum using the activities and lesson plans you already have in your repertoire
- Receive an Extensive Elementary Music Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a detailed resource handbook filled with outstanding ready-to-use ideas, templates, graphics, advocacy articles, and resources to enhance your elementary music program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical music lesson ideas, tips and strategies for strengthening your current elementary music program
- Innovative games, dances and activities to excite students about music while meeting the National Standards for Music Education
- Effective discipline strategies proven successful in elementary music classes
- Practical assessments and rubrics that are effective when teaching a large number of students
- Ways to infuse composition and improvisation into your existing curriculum allowing each student to experience the creative process and take ownership of their music making
- Proven ideas for weaving together other academic subjects and music curriculum
- Successful music lesson plans for nonmusical substitute teachers that keep them wanting to return
- Proven communication strategies and materials that help you work smarter, not harder, in your role as an elementary music teacher
- Advocacy strategies and materials that create administrative and community support
- Time-efficient ways to connect with fellow music educators, leaders in music education and local organizations
- How to create successful grade level student music programs that actively engage your classroom teachers and are the talk of the town
- Proven strategies for class recorder instruction that will have all of your students reading music and lovin’ it
- Easy-to-use information management tools for your music program
- Proven strategies for class guitar and ukulele instruction that promote literacy and lifelong learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am excited for the opportunity to share a day amongst like-minded colleagues that will inspire, invigorate and rejuvenate! This fast-paced, hands-on seminar will give you practical and proven techniques and resources that you can start using right away in your music classroom.
As elementary music teachers, we hold a special place in our community as we have the opportunity to be purveyors of cultural understanding and appreciation. Whether you teach in an urban or rural environment, have plentiful resources, or go from school to school on a cart, you are new to the profession or are a seasoned vet, this seminar will serve to connect you with the latest ideas, strategies and technologies that are pushing music education into the 21st century.
I look forward to connecting and celebrating our passion for music while learning from each other how we can best tackle the day-to-day challenges that come from working in our diverse communities. We are all in this together and there has never been a more exciting time to be connecting students to the world through music and the arts. Through practical strategies to connect and collaborate, you will leave this seminar ready to hit the ground running!
P.S. In this seminar you will be given practical music strategies and activities that you can implement right away in your music classroom. You will also be provided with a comprehensive resource handbook with ready-to-use reproducible materials.
Who Should Attend
Elementary General Music Teachers in Grades K-6
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Elementary Music Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive elementary music resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Outstanding music lesson plans you can use right away
- Lists of web-based technology apps and websites that will help with lesson planning, grading, organization, and communication
- Reproducible materials, handouts, worksheets, posters, and more that you can use immediately in the classroom
- An overview of a comprehensive elementary music curriculum with practical assessments
Meet and Share with Other Elementary General Music Teachers
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their elementary music programs.
John Churchville will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own elementary music program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.