Practical Strategies for Preparing Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Students to Meet Your State Standards in Literacy
Presented by Angela Cameron
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Children
- Easy and practical literacy lessons designed to address your state standards in kindergarten and prepare pre-K students for the reading, writing, listening, and speaking standards
- Classroom-tested mini-lessons to scaffold the literacy learning of young students to prepare for the rigorous requirements of your state standards
- Strategies, games, songs, and tools to link pre-K and kindergarten classroom instruction to your state standards for reading and writing
- Dozens of ideas to address the critical foundational skills including print concepts, phonological awareness, phonics, word recognition, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, writing, and oral language
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do your state literacy standards mean for your pre-K and kindergarten classrooms? This seminar is specifically designed to address the strands in your state standards for literacy and language with practical and doable strategies and activities you can use immediately with your students.
Angela Cameron has organized and created a day filled with practical, hands-on activities, mini-lessons, center ideas, and literature links that align with your state standards. You will leave with dozens of ideas to help all your preschool and kindergarten students become engaged in reading and writing, wherever they are in their literacy readiness level. Join Angela for a fast-paced day filled with strategies to help your pre-K and kindergarten students prepare to meet your state standards for literacy.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical, Ready-to-Use Strategies Just for Preschool and Kindergarten Classrooms to Address Your State Standards for Literacy and Language
Discover dozens of engaging and fun strategies, ideas and activities you can use in your pre-K and kindergarten classroom that specifically target your state standards … Easy and ready-to-go lessons!
- Practical Activities to Address the Critical Components of Early Literacy in Your State Standards
Learn practical, highly effective ways to address print concepts, phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, writing, and oral language development … Whole group and small group lessons and activities
- Strategies to Build a Strong Language Foundation to Increase Success on Your State Standards
Lead your pre-K and kindergarten students in vocabulary and oral language lessons to teach and accelerate their language skills … Fun and engaging lessons that will increase all students’ language skills
- Powerful Writing Lessons that Meet Varying Readiness Levels
Increase your students’ writing skills using activities that motivate them to write more … Activities to help students focus and stay on topic – whether they are writing words or are at the drawing stage
- Developmentally Appropriate Strategies
Learn specific, developmentally appropriate activities for three-, four- and five-year-old students address your state standards … Dozens of strategies, mini-lessons and activities you can use immediately in your classroom
- Easy-to-Use Activities for Learning Centers
Creative learning center ideas perfect for young learners … Encourage student learning through fun, independent practice
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Dozens of easy-to-use activities and strategies to enhance your reading and writing instruction … All specifically designed for young learners
- Differentiate Your Instruction to Meet Students at Their Level
Meet the diverse learning needs and readiness levels of your students with innovative activities and strategies … Hands-on learning at its best!
- Teach and Reinforce Your State Standards with Children’s Literature
How to use quality literature titles that connect to your state standards … Receive an extensive bibliography of titles perfect for young learners
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar that is filled with all the best strategies, activities, ideas, and literature suggestions you can use immediately in your pre-K or kindergarten classroom!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to help your students prepare for and develop the skills required in your state standards for literacy
- Numerous writing activities that may be used with students of all writing abilities – from drawing to whole sentences!
- “Hear it today, use it tomorrow!” Literacy strategies that WORK!
- Enhance your literacy lessons with quality children’s literature titles that connect to your state standards
- Highly effective and classroom-proven strategies to meet the needs of early and emerging readers and writers
- Fun and comprehensible ideas for teaching blending and segmenting of phonemes
- Classroom-tested mini-lessons to scaffold the literacy learning of your students to prepare for your state standards
- Boost and accelerate literacy skills with songs, rhymes and poems that teach and support students
- Creative ways to increase and accelerate all your students’ vocabulary
- Activities, tools and techniques using both oral and written language to stimulate children’s positive relationship with literacy
- Maximize your current materials and learn how you can integrate your state standards into what you already have and use
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching preschool and kindergarten has given me some of my greatest joys, as well as my biggest challenges! Each year brings a new set of eager, smiling faces to my classroom – each one with a different set of experiences. Some were read to before they were born while others have rarely, if ever, held a book or crayon in their little hands. Some walk through the doors already reading and writing while others don’t recognize their printed names. One thing they all have in common is an eagerness and expectation to learn to read and write! I know you face these same challenges wherever you teach. And we now have a new set of challenges – your state standards. How do we ensure that each student is prepared for success with your state standardsby the time they leave kindergarten? This one-day, comprehensive seminar will address this challenge!
I am excited to share dozens of developmentally appropriate strategies, ideas, mini-lessons, and activities you can immediately use with your three-, four- and five-year-old students. You will find that all the strategies meet the varying readiness levels and learning abilities in your classroom. Not only are these lessons classroom-proven and research-based, but most importantly, they are fun for students and teachers. They teach your state standards in the playful ways that our students learn best. This day will be packed with easy-to-implement and ready-to-go ideas that my students love and yours will too!
Please join me for a fast-paced, energetic, worthwhile seminar designed specifically for YOU – pre-K and kindergarten teachers! You will walk away with a multitude of ideas you can use immediately! Whether you are a veteran teacher or new to teaching, EVERYONE will find new ways to teach your state standards for reading, writing and language. I look forward to meeting each of you at the seminar and sharing our passion for teaching young children to read and write!
P.S. You will receive the extensive, easy-to-use resource handbook I designed just for this seminar. It is packed with ideas, strategies, mini-lessons, and activities for teaching your pre-k and kindergarten state standards for literacy and language!
Who Should Attend
Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Activities to teach basic print features, phonological awareness, phonics, and word recognition
- Lessons for teaching writing purposes, production, research, and conventions
- Ideas for vocabulary acquisition, speaking and listening
- Numerous children’s literature titles help prepare students for your state literacy standards
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in preparing pre-K and kindergarten students to prepare to meet your state standards in literacy.
Angela Cameron will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.