GUIDED MATH Practical Strategies to Differentiate Your Math Instruction Using Small Group Instruction and Math Learning Centers (Grades 3-6)
Presented by Barbara Blanke
Designed Specifically for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades 3-6
- Practical, classroom-tested strategies for better organizing, implementing and managing guided math groups in your classroom
- Innovative, interactive small group activities that meet the diverse needs of your students and increase their understanding and proficiency in math
- Powerful, easy-to-implement math learning center ideas that reinforce students’ skills while you work with guided math groups
- Outstanding instructional strategies you can use daily to increase your students’ success in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Within each of our classrooms some students excel at math computation and reasoning skills, while others need support with their understanding and retention of important basic math concepts and skills. As teachers, we are continually challenged to find multiple ways to reach all students when teaching mathematics. Guided math can help you develop practical techniques, instructional strategies and routines that allow you to work with your students in small groups at their level of understanding and need.
In this highly practical seminar, DR. BARBARA BLANKE will share a variety of easy-to-use guided math techniques, including how to create, set up, implement, and manage small guided math groups designed to better meet your students’ needs – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills. Barbara will show you how to implement guided math using your current math curriculum and how to create and manage timesaving, easy-to-implement math centers for the rest of the class while you work with guided math groups.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed enthusiasm about teaching mathematics as well as a wealth of ideas for implementing guided math in your own classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Practical Techniques to Implement Guided Math Groups
Discover classroom-proven strategies to create, implement and manage guided math groups in your own classroom … Tips for making guided math a powerful teaching strategy
- Enhance Your Instruction in Mathematics to Engage ALL Students
Learn effective strategies to create and deliver lessons that effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement
- Learn What to Do with the Rest of Your Class While You Meet with Guided Math Groups
How to create and manage timesaving, practical math learning centers … Ready-to-use ideas for centers that reinforce the skills and concepts your students need to learn
- Increase Student Engagement with Creative Activities
Explore time-efficient tools to create and deliver motivating lessons to engage and reengage ALL students as successful mathematician
- Implement Manageable Math Learning Centers that Keep Students Focused
Classroom-proven techniques for setting up highly motivating math centers that your students will enjoy … Strategies that respect your time and keep students focused during this independent work
- Utilize Your Existing Math Curriculum in Guided Math Groups
Explore how guided math groups can be used with the curriculum and materials you are currently using … See multiple ways you can use guided math to re-teach and reinforce the math your students need to learn
- Explore the Power of Guided Math Groups in Teaching Your State Standards
See how the power of “just in time” teaching keeps students fully on track and positively motivated … How to guide your students’ mastery of state standards in ways that ensure their success
- Better Meet the Needs of All Your Students
Unlock the power of small group instruction to focus on the diverse needs of your students – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills
- Explore the Power of Guided Math to Teach Problem Solving
Today’s rigorous standards call for students to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between various number concepts … Explore proven strategies that enable students to understand and solve challenging problems with fluency, ease and confidence
- Receive an Extensive Digital Guided Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable digital resource handbook containing dozens of ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials to use in guided math groups and learning centers … All ideas are designed specifically for grades 3-6 and can be implemented immediately in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies to organize, implement and manage guided math groups
- Manageable ways to meet the needs of all your students
- Tips for making guided math groups a powerful teaching strategy
- Techniques to make the most of your valuable instructional time
- How to implement outstanding math learning centers with minimal preparation and expense
- Highly effective strategies to incorporate problem solving and reasoning in your guided math groups – a key focus of state math standards
- Ready-to-use ideas for guided math instruction
- Proven activities for math centers that reinforce student learning
- How to use your current math curriculum and materials with your guided math groups
- Valuable techniques to keep students on track with “just in time” teaching re-engagement activities
- Creative ways to review and re-teach math concepts to students who need it most
- How to make guided math groups a powerful tool to strengthen student learning
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities
- How to use visual models, graphic organizers and games to capture students’ interests
- Innovative, flexible techniques to meet the diverse needs and abilities of your students in guided math groups
- Creative, fun ways to review, re-teach and reinforce math concepts
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
When searching for effective instructional practices in mathematics, all of us who work with students clearly recognize that one size does not fit all. Meeting the diverse needs of all our students is a major challenge. Yet there are powerful, classroom-proven techniques that are highly effective in helping us meet our students’ needs. One of the most effective ways to do this is by using guided math groups.
Imagine this: A teacher is meeting with a small group of students, all focused on a math skill that was previously introduced during whole group instruction, but which these students have not yet fully grasped. The teacher is observing, assessing and scaffolding the students’ learning, and re-teaching them with alternative techniques in ways that help them understand the lesson. They are given opportunities to ask questions, practice the new skill and experience success.
And the rest of the class? While the teacher guides the learning of this small group, the other students are engaged independently or in collaborative groups with hands-on activities in math learning centers designed to reinforce skills as well as challenge and excite them about math. It is an exciting environment where the teacher supports each student and where guided math ensures that each student’s needs are met – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills.
In our high-stress teaching environment with ever-increasing demands on our time and energy, you will find that guided math is easier to implement than you might think and without a doubt is one of the most effective strategies you can use to teach math. In fact, you will find it is the key to meeting the needs of all your students in ways that reinforce their learning, catch their mistakes and clear up their misconceptions before they become convinced that they can’t do math.
I will show you how to use your current math curriculum and teaching materials with guided math groups and I will take you step-by-step through the process of creating, implementing and managing these groups in your own classroom. I will also share the management techniques to successfully implement math learning centers and I will give you dozens of games, projects and practical, easy-to-implement activities that you can use immediately in your own math learning centers.
You’ll leave with numerous ideas you can use immediately.
Barbara Blanke, Ph.D.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical, easy-to-implement guided math strategies and dozens of ideas for highly effective math learning centers that you can use immediately in your own classroom to meet the diverse needs of your students
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and other Educators teaching math in Grades 3?6
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Practical ideas for implementing guided math groups in your own classroom
- Ready-to-use lessons for small group instruction that re-teach and extend students’ mathematical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Easy-to-implement ideas for math centers that involve all students
- Activities that generate active participation and promote problem-solving strategies and basic skills practice
- Practical ideas for helping students meet rigorous state standards in mathematics
- Teacher-friendly tips for implementing guided math groups and managing math centers
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
Dr. Barbara Blanke will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.