Strengthen Your Writing Instruction
Designed Specifically for Kindergarten Teachers and Staff Members Who Work with Kindergarten Students
- Designed specifically for KINDERGARTEN teachers with “hear it today, use it tomorrow” writing strategies to increase student writing skills
- Every child writes every day! Strategies to get all your KINDERGARTEN students, even the reluctant ones who have limited or no writing experiences, to begin the process of getting their ideas formed, verbalized and on paper!
- Practical strategies for addressing your state standards for opinion/argument, informative/explanatory and narrative writing in the KINDERGARTEN classroom
- Use a variety of writing models and writing throughout the day to increase student writing time
- Meet the wide range of student abilities from strugglers to more advanced writers with innovative writing activities, learning centers and work stations
- Demonstrations of numerous listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities that will strengthen and enhance your young students’ beginning and developing writing
- Receive an extensive resource handbook with the best-of-the-best KINDERGARTEN writing strategies and classroom-ready material to help you get all your students writing!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The expectation that kindergartners will write more and at a much higher level seems to increase each year! What does this mean for our writing instruction and how can we best help our kindergarten students meet the ever increasing writing demands without driving them to tears or just giving up? This seminar is specifically designed to address this question and much more! During this strategy-packed day, you will receive dozens of kindergarten-proven writing ideas and strategies that will help all your students, wherever they are in their writing development.
You will learn ideas to keep students writing throughout the day for a variety of purposes, ways to help them get their ideas down on paper, and how to assess and conference with students to help them grow as writers. See how children’s literature, fiction and nonfiction can prompt student writing and support your kindergarten state standards for writing. You won’t want to miss this day devoted to practical strategies to strengthen your kindergarten students’ writing!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Get Your Kindergarten Students Writing!
Discover dozens of innovative strategies to engage your kindergarten students in real writing … Student-proven and teacher-friendly ideas that work!
- Increase the Purposes of Writing with Writing Throughout the Kindergarten Day
Discover a variety of writing models to engage students in writing throughout the day … Make writing more authentic with writing in science, social studies, math, and language arts
- Address Beginning Writing Skills in Your Kindergarten State Standards for Writing
Learn the essential elements for creating strong and unique prompts that promote the full range of writing identified in your state standards
- Ideas for Using Work Stations to Encourage Independent Writing
Learn student-proven ideas for writing work stations that use classic children’s literature to promote writing … Fiction and nonfiction titles paired with writing activities students can do independently with success
- Easy and Highly Effective Daily Writing Activities Just for Kindergarten
Integrate, review and reinforce writing throughout the day … Daily journals, morning message and more to help students gain more writing practice
- Multiple Timesaving Writing Strategies Perfect for Kindergarten
Numerous, practical and realistic writing ideas that will engage and excite your students to write more … Strategies that are ready to use and really work!
- Go Beyond Paper and Pencil
How to incorporate multiple retelling activities and ideas that are an essential part of the beginning writing process … Strategies to get your students ready to write
- Utilize Writing Strategies That Support Your State Writing Standards
Apply your state standards to begin the writing process using text-types, prompts and RAFTS with your kindergartners
- See an Exemplary Kindergarten Writing Lesson in Action from Start to Finish
Experience a writing lesson beginning with engaging literature and ending with high-quality student writing … Ideas you will be able to immediately use in your own kindergarten classroom
- Creating Writers with IDEAS, IDEAS, IDEAS!
Gain idea after idea to get your kindergartners writing! You will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with classroom-ready material to help you get all your students writing!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to get your kindergarten students writing every day
- Innovative ways to engage your kindergarten students in real writing that motivates them to want to write more
- How to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” of writing language with your kindergartners
- Tips for selecting the right book for a successful writing activity
- Discover clear, concise and easy-to-use rubrics that allow your students to evaluate and assess their own writing
- Numerous practical and hands-on lessons, strategies and demonstrations that will greatly enrich writing in your kindergarten classroom
- Outstanding and proven ways to multitask across the curriculum to make writing an integral part of any lesson, unit or learning center
- Multiple, timesaving strategies to teach writing daily
- Specific ideas for conferencing and communicating with your students about their writing progress
- How to use your children’s literature to link your kindergarten state standards for writing
- Ideas to encourage class sharing and create great writing samples and class books
- Hook your reluctant and struggling writers through innovative writing activities
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am passionate about writing in kindergarten! Let me share my love of writing with you in a day loaded with practical and doable ideas for strengthening your kindergarten writing program. I will share quick and easy daily writing strategies to do with your whole class as well as how to incorporate writing into your learning centers or work stations to differentiate and create more independent writers. In addition, you will gain practical strategies to conference with students to greatly increase their writing confidence. You will leave with dozens of innovative and creative writing strategies that can be immediately used in your kindergarten classroom.
Join your colleagues and me for a day filled with practical, ready-to-use writing strategies and activities that you can seamlessly incorporate to meet your state standards for writing. I will model and align dozens of lessons and activities that focus on opinion, informative/explanatory and narrative writing. We will look at using RAFTS and prompts, along with quick mini-lessons for writing perfect for kindergarten students!
I can’t wait to share what I have used and found to be the best writing strategies for our diverse student population in kindergarten. Come ready to write and renew your love for teaching writing!
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook I designed specifically for this seminar that is filled with writing ideas, strategies and ready-to-use writing lessons!
Who Should Attend
Kindergarten Teachers and Staff Members Who Work with Kindergarten Students
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Engaging kindergarten rubrics designed for the youngest writer
- Planning and recording forms for specific writing lessons using classic literature
- Ready-to-use writing prompts for all three text types (narrative, opinion/argument, informative/explanatory)
- “Mini-Posters” for use in classroom writing stations
- A sampler of R.A.F.T.S. and prompts, ready-to-use with your youngest learners
Meet and Share:
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their writing instruction to enhance their kindergarten programs.
Carolyn McMahon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your kindergarten writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.