Using Apps, Mobile Technology and Other Cutting-Edge Technology Tools to Enhance Student Learning in Your WORLD LANGUAGE Classroom
Presented by Kiffany Lychock
Designed Specifically for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators
- Discover the most effective, up-to-date apps for iPads and other mobile devices to expand your teaching options and enhance student learning in the world language classroom
- Acquire cutting-edge technology tools for both beginning and advanced language learners
- Learn about new websites and free or affordable online resources perfectly suited for your world language classroom
- Gain timesaving tips and tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Receive an extensive world language instruction resource handbook with an abundance of student and teacher instructions for mobile technology tools, examples and rubrics as well as access to a specially created website and digital resources with helpful tutorials
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged iPad or other mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
New technology in the hands of discerning world language teachers can significantly enhance the probability of students being able to transfer their learning from the classroom to real life. In this NEW seminar, you will learn how to connect your world language students to authentic language resources, powerful apps, and helpful web-based tools to help their learning ‘stick.’ You will learn about new, highly effective tools that can take your students from struggling with vocabulary to creating meaningful communication that showcases their skills in the target language.
In addition, you will learn effective techniques to increase instructional options inside and outside your world language classroom by supporting all students, whether your school has a one-to-one initiative or you have a limited number of iPads or other mobile devices at your disposal. Experienced world language teacher and professional developer, Kiffany Lychock, will walk you through step by step on how to use a wealth of apps and websites that encourage authentic use of the target language.
Kiffany continues to spend countless hours researching, testing and scouring her personal learning network to find the best apps for you to see in action. She has framed this seminar with purposeful technology, pedagogy and content knowledge to help you facilitate high quality 21st century world language learning in ways that will engage all your students. Kiffany will share a wealth of assessment resources, video/text tutorials, and useful links. Join your colleagues for a collaborative day exploring innovative technology tools to enhance instruction and learning in today’s world language classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Best, New Apps and Tools for iPads and Other Mobile Devices for Use in the World Language Classroom
Learn which of the newest apps and tools work best in the world language classroom … Dozens of resources, websites and technology teaching tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Gain Dozens of Strategies to Boost World Language Instruction
Discover innovative ways to use current mobile technology in your world language program … Tap into the rich array of free and inexpensive teaching tools appropriate for beginning as well as advanced language learners
- Get the Most from Mobile Devices
Discover how you can provide engaging, authentic language learning opportunities for your students even if you have only one mobile device (iPod, iPad, Chromebook, Smartphone)
- Utilize the iPad and Other Mobile Devices to Differentiate Instruction in Your World Language Classroom
Discover how the iPad and other mobile devices can provide your struggling language learners with additional opportunities to practice grammar and vocabulary while providing your confident language learners with expanded language creation opportunities
- Receive Tips for Assessment and Evaluation of Student Progress in Learning the Target Language
Learn how the iPad and other mobile devices can help you more efficiently assess your students’ products created in the target language … Highly effective strategies that work!
- Utilize Technology to Work Smarter, Not Harder in the World Language Classroom
Discover how you can save in-class time using iPads and other mobile devices with individual students, small groups or at stations in your world language classroom
- Increase Your Teaching Options for World Language Instruction
Explore innovative strategies, motivating ideas and easy-to-implement examples for diverse language levels for immediate use in your world language classroom
- Increase Your Students’ Meaningful Use of the Target Language
Learn how iPads and other mobile technology can significantly increase opportunities for students to communicate in the target language
- Motivate and Engage Your Students with the Latest and Best Interactive World Language Websites
Actively engage your world language students with online activities designed to develop language concepts and vocabulary … Effective ways for using mobile devices to motivate even your most reluctant learners as well as your students with special needs
- Receive Access to a Specially Created Website and an Extensive World Language Instruction Resource Handbook
You’ll receive your own copy of an extensive world language resource handbook to support your implementation of the ideas presented during the seminar in your own world language classroom … You’ll also receive specific details for accessing a specially created website which includes print-ready handouts, video webcasts and digital resources with helpful tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for using apps for iPads, Chromebooks and other smart devices in your world language classroom
- Step-by-step demonstrations of practical learning opportunities for beginning and advanced language learners
- Ways to stay current with new uses for iPads and other mobile devices
- Highly engaging websites that provide opportunities for your students to communicate in the target language
- The best, free and affordable apps ideal for teaching and learning in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- Ways to use mobile technology to differentiate world language instruction so all your students are appropriately challenged
- New ways for world language students to engage at all levels of Bloom’s taxonomy
- Timesaving tips, tricks and practical strategies for effective program implementation
- Reinforcement and enhancement of your knowledge of tech tools and the rationale for using them in the world language classroom
- Proven techniques for purposeful technology integration in the world language classroom
- How mobile technology can expand opportunities for your students to authentically produce the target language
- Innovative ways to use iPads, mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology to more effectively incorporate higher-order cognitive skills in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- Helpful sites and timesaving strategies to help you continue your own professional growth and development
- Where to find world language content-rich resources for iPads and other mobile learning devices
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an educator who is passionate about the power of learning world languages, I can express with absolute certainty that teaching a second language to students today is one of the most relevant and necessary skills for our students to be successful 21st Century citizens.
The advancement of technology in education over the past ten years has had a very significant impact on world language instruction. Integrating iPads, Chromebooks and mobile devices into classrooms increases opportunities for students to connect in new and innovative ways with the target language.
The overarching goal of this seminar is simple: to provide you with the best tools and strategies to enhance learning for your world language students. Throughout this fast-paced day, you will be introduced to a variety of iPad, Chromebooks and other mobile device apps as well as powerful new websites that will significantly impact the engagement of your students. I will share many timesaving tips and tools to help assess your students in their pursuit of learning a new language.
During the past few years, I have been exploring how to best facilitate world language learning that quickly builds fluency. Used effectively, technology can significantly transform teaching and learning in any subject – but especially in world languages where the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills is so vital for language retention. Many of these new technologies also allow us to collaborate and communicate with native speakers in ways that were previously inconceivable.
You will learn how to harness tools your students may already be using within or outside of school. You will walk away with easy-to-implement ideas for making student learning ‘stick’ beyond the classroom or the latest test. Additionally, you will receive online access to materials and resources to support you as you return to your classroom. This will be an active, exciting, worthwhile day to refresh, renew and replenish the resources you use to enhance your students’ achievement.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. This seminar is specifically designed for world language teachers to walk away with an abundance of highly effective, practical strategies to implement immediately. I am confident that all participants – both those who are tech-savvy and those who are novices – will receive a wealth of outstanding apps, tips and tools to significantly enhance your teaching repertoire – while having fun doing it!
Who Should Attend
World Language Teachers Serving Students in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook with step-by-step instructions, screenshots, rubrics, and tips for implementing digital supplements to your curricula. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of activities and projects using the technology already available in your world language students’ hands
- Screenshots of what each application looks like with information to share with your students
- Directions for students as they undertake new, motivating digital projects
- Tips on how to use mobile devices for classroom management and administrative tasks
- Student work examples
- Easy-to-use strategies for implementing 21st century technology in your world language classroom
Receive Access to a Specially Created Seminar Follow Up Website
The seminar website offers online versions of many of the resources found in the handbook. In addition, the website includes links to all external examples used in the seminar, video tutorials and shared assessment resources.
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged iPad, Chromebook or other mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and access to a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Kiffany Lychock will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own world language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.