EFFECTIVELY DEALING WITH DISRUPTIVE STUDENTS: Practical, Classroom-Proven Techniques
Presented by Ernie Chapin
Designed for Educators Serving Grades K 12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, School Psychologists, and Administrators
- Ideas for working successfully with angry, defiant, unmotivated, and difficult students
- Powerful, classroom proven techniques to successfully deal with disruptive students
- Dynamic strategies for teaching defiant students and techniques to deal with disruptions while maintaining dignity and your classroom authority
- Highly effective methods to improve students' attitudes
Practical Ideas and Strategies
It is no secret that today's classroom can be a challenging environment for learning, whether you are working at school or online. Many students come to school, exhibiting challenging behaviors that range from defiance to outright hostility. How can a teacher successfully deal with these behaviors? How can educators work successfully with even the most challenging students and help them find more success in school and life? This outstanding live online seminar is designed to offer K-12 teachers powerful tools and techniques to deal with the most challenging students.
Ernie Chapin, an exceptional educator and presenter, will share classroom proven ideas, techniques and strategies he has successfully used with his own students over his extensive teaching career. His down to earth manner and warm humor will excite and motivate you to take a new look at how to successfully teach today's most defiant and challenging students.
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative, practical ideas to incorporate into your own school environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Expand Your Repertoire of Tools to Work Successfully with Difficult, Defiant Students
Discover highly effective, classroom proven strategies to work successfully with and teach disruptive, defiant, difficult students
- Increase Your Effectiveness in Successfully Dealing with Challenging, Disruptive Behaviors as They Happen
Specific methods to deal with problems and challenges as they happen … Ideas to help you avoid power struggles and de-escalate negative situations
- Positive Ways to Maintain Your Dignity and Classroom Authority Without Alienating Your Students
Learn how to handle the most difficult classroom disruptions and challenges without losing control of your emotions … Specific ideas to help you successfully deal with your most challenging students while keeping your dignity and each student's dignity intact
- Learn the Difference Between Empowering Students and Enabling Them
Key ideas to help you get what you want from your students during class time and help them get what they want from their learning experience
- Decrease Your Frustration when Dealing with Very Difficult, Defiant Students
Develop practical skills that will build your communication skills and confidence when faced with classroom challenges and difficult behaviors
- Help Difficult, Angry or Hostile Students Become More Responsible
Incorporate time tested techniques that can help even your most difficult, angry or hostile students become more responsible and respectful in their approach to learning
- Teach Your Students to Control Their Anger When Facing Challenges or Difficulties
Highly effective, practical techniques to help your students rationally and calmly work through problems … Empower your students to avoid becoming angry when confronted or provoked
- Break the Cycle of Discouragement and Alienation Many Difficult, Disruptive Students Feel
Practical techniques and methods that instill hope and foster greater academic success for disruptive, disinterested and defiant students
- Increase the Motivation of Your Hard-to-Reach, Difficult, Defiant Students
Specific strategies to use with disinterested, defiant, hard-to-reach students … Help your most challenging students develop the desire to learn and work up to their personal potential
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical methods, ideas and techniques to use when dealing with students who are disinterested in school, difficult, angry, or defiant
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Specific techniques to use when dealing with disruptions or challenges
- Powerful lessons you can use immediately to improve the attitude of your challenging students
- Effective ways to stay emotionally neutral while working with difficult and defiant students
- Practical ideas to help your difficult, defiant students develop greater persistence and determination
- Classroom-management strategies designed to support your challenging students
- A variety of ideas to defuse angry, hostile students
- Down to earth, common sense methods to effectively communicate with the most challenging students
- Ways to discover, maintain and increase your joy of teaching all students, especially those who cause classroom disruptions or challenges
- Dozens of ways to relate to and empower motivationally challenged students
- How to encourage positive change in students
- Provide strategies that encourage students to make good choices
- Ways to maintain your enthusiasm, energy and focus on teaching
- Proven classroom instruction at all levels to teach students to manage anger
- Methods on coaching attitude that will take all students to a higher level of learning
- Strategies to dynamically move students from external discipline to self discipline
- Ideas to increase success in your classroom without affecting the integrity of your classroom or compromising your dignity or authority
- Effective tools for student success upon re-entering school from adjudication or disciplinary action
- How to effectively solve problems without the administration's involvement
- Common sense approaches to recognizing and dealing with problems before they start and dealing with them when they do occur
- How to maintain your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with the most difficult, challenging students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I think we can all agree that today, more than ever, educators face a variety of challenges in the classroom. These challenges range from increased accountability for educators to students who come to school angry, hostile, disinterested, unmotivated, and disconnected from society.
As educators, we share many of the same frustrations and have many of the same questions about how to successfully teach difficult, defiant students. These questions often include:
- How can I teach when students are disrespectful, disruptive or disinterested?
- How can I successfully deal with classroom challenges and disruptions?
- What do I do when students "push my buttons?"
- What do I do when I have more than one disruptive student at a time?
- How do I deal with disrespectful students without losing credibility or authority with my other students?
- How can I avoid power struggles?
- When do I ask for help or get the administration involved?
- How can I help students successfully re enter my class after they have been removed for disciplinary reasons?
I appreciate your desire to experience a seminar designed to help difficult, defiant, disruptive students find more success in school and life. I have designed this seminar to help you not only deal with challenging behaviors when they occur, but also to develop the skills and attitude to make it less likely that challenges will occur in the future.
I have worked successfully for many years with students who are angry, hostile, disruptive, and very challenging. I have designed this seminar to share the ideas, strategies, techniques, and methods I have seen work with even the most challenging, disrespectful students.
Please join me and discover practical, common sense ways that you can successfully deal with and help challenging students.
P.S. The emphasis of this seminar will be on practical and proven techniques that are successful with the most difficult, defiant students.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K 12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, School Psychologists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Ready to use strategies for all students, even the most difficult
- Ideas for improving the motivation of students
- Relationship building lessons for teacher to student AND student to student
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in effectively dealing with disruptive students.
Ernie Chapin will be available to answer your specific questions and address the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.