Catching Up FIRST GRADE Students Who Have Fallen Behind
Presented by Cathy Collier
Specifically Designed for First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators Who Work with First Grade Students
- The most effective teaching strategies to catch up your First Graders who have fallen behind
- Engaging instructional techniques and model lessons to rapidly close the achievement gap and help students master key grade level academic skills
- Practical methods for assessing, managing and building your First Graders’ skills to prepare them for on-level instruction in all content areas
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook full of strategies and resources to help you catch up First Graders who have fallen behind
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide targeted, engaging First Grade instruction in the face of a growing gap in your students’ academic achievement due to COVID-19? Are you struggling with how to catch up First Grade students who have fallen behind? If so, you won’t want to miss this seminar by outstanding First Grade teacher Cathy Collier. The focus of this seminar is on the most effective, innovative instructional strategies specifically for helping catch up your First Grade students who have fallen behind. Cathy’s ideas are practical, innovative, and academically rich. Learn how to provide the instructional supports necessary to meet each of your First Grade students right where they are and to strengthen their progress. Discover an array of strategies for targeting your instruction to meet the varied needs of your First Grade students who have fallen behind. Join Cathy for a day filled with the best, cuttingedge strategies and approaches for helping students who are behind in First Grade to catch up. You will leave with a multitude of rich tasks, meaningful activities and unique ideas that can be easily adapted to your own learning environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your First Grade Students Who Have Fallen Behind to Catch Up
How to strengthen the learning of your First Grade students … Expand your personal repertoire of teaching tools to help your students who have fallen behind catch up
- Lessen Your First Grade Students’ COVID Gap
Catch up your First Grade students’ skill development … Lessen the COVID gap with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for First Grade
- Keep Your First Grade Students Engaged and Actively Participating
Explore practical strategies and teacher-friendly ideas to engage your First Grade students and to get and keep them actively participating in your lessons and learning
- Provide Social and Emotional Support for First Grade Students
Incorporate practical strategies for supporting the social and emotional needs of First Grade students who have suffered trauma, are anxious, or simply need a little more encouragement and understanding
- Help Your Reluctant First Grade Math Learners Make Strong Skill and Confidence Gains
Discover instructional activities and strategies for supporting your most challenging First Grade Math students … Watch your reluctant learners’ confidence and skills grow
- Employ Research-Based Accelerated Learning Methods for Phonics, Phonemic Awareness and Reading Skills
Learn how to strengthen reading skills acquisition through proven, motivating and fun techniques … Enhance and advance the knowledge and skills of your First Grade students who have fallen behind
- Target Your Instruction to Meet the Varied Needs of Your First Grade Students
Ensure your students receive the focused instruction they need to make rapid learning progress … Target your instruction to individual needs through small group instruction, learning centers, workstations, and more!
- Make Thinking Visible to Accelerate First Grade Students’ Academic Learning
Learn practical ways to make thinking visible to help students who have fallen behind to construct meaning, solve problems and communicate thinking in all academic areas
- Identify Gaps in Your First Grade Students’ Learning and What to Do About It
Explore effective, easy-to-use assessments to help you pinpoint gaps in your students’ learning … Target your instruction to help your students catch up
- Receive an Extensive First Grade Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use in your instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, instructional strategies to catch up your First Grade students who have fallen behind
- How to effectively help support the social and emotional needs of First Grade students’ learning and development
- Ways to scaffold and differentiate your instruction to best meet the diverse needs of your First Grade students
- How to balance between interventions and teaching new content to prevent students from continuing to fall behind
- Whole class lessons and valuable number sense routines that strengthen math understanding
- Ways to provide teacher clarity and intention to make learning more meaningful
- Help students replace a fixed mindset with a growth mindset
- How to schedule highly effective literacy and math blocks with intentional teaching
- Exciting, hands-on, engaging ways to enhance your current lessons to catch up First Grade students who have fallen behind
- Effective progress monitoring to help guide your targeted interventions and intervene or extend based on students’ needs
- Proven ideas for helping students catch up in literacy and math skills
- Ideas, ideas, ideas – rich tasks, scaffolding, models of student thinking, a wealth of organizational strategies, motivational tips, and ways to maximize the effectiveness of small group targeted instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I always knew I would be a teacher. What I didn’t know is just how quickly the time would fly by! It is hard to imagine that I’ve been following my passion to teach students to read for this long, but each of the moments of success my First Grade students experienced has been, and continues to be, the greatest thrill in the world. It is that thrill that keeps me going!
As someone who works with First Graders on a daily basis, I am excited by the progress my struggling students are making, the confidence they build in themselves as readers, and the ways in which practical, explicit instruction can effectively prevent them from falling too far behind. It is my pleasure to share a wealth of ideas, tools and techniques to target and help your first graders catch up.
Throughout this fast-paced day, I will provide you with practical, efficient and effective instructional ideas that can be implemented in any instructional setting – online or inperson. We will focus on how reading, writing, and math strategies impact your First Graders’ achievement.
Please join me for a high-energy day filled with practical strategies, activities, tips, and tools you will be eager to implement in your classroom. I look forward to sharing this day with you! You’ll leave with numerous ideas you can use immediately.
P.S. You will leave with an extensive digital resource handbook and free downloadable materials filled with “do-it-tomorrow” ideas and strategies to help target and significantly increase the reading achievement of your First Graders.
Who Should Attend
First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators Who Work with First Grade Students
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Specific tips, tools and procedures for closing the First Grade learning gap
- Ready-to-use whole or small group instructional lessons that strengthen and extend learning in all content areas
- A wealth of easy-to-implement resources to target First Graders’ needs and provide intention and teacher clarity
- Opportunities to build language and vocabulary into your day
- Dozens of ready-to-use strategies and activities to catch our students from falling further behind
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their First Grade program.
Cathy Collier will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.