Making Best Use of the Microsoft Suite - Teams, OneNote, Stream, and MORE - to Enhance Content Learning (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Dave Olinger
Designed Specifically for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Timesaving, practical digital tools that enhance the learning process whether you are teaching online or in-person
- Classroom tested strategies to personalize and improve learning using the Microsoft Suite
- Proven ways to employ digital tools such as TEAMS, OneNote and more to save time and scale work
- Receive an extensive DIGITAL Distance Learning resource handbook and special access to David's online resources so you can immediately link to all the strategies presented in this seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar led by National Board Certified Teacher and Microsoft Showcase School Leader, David Olinger, is designed for educators who want to more effectively use Office 365 tools for grades 6-12. David will show you how to maximize each of the tools in the Microsoft Suite including Microsoft Teams, OneNote, Class Notebook, FlipGrid, Wakelet, and more. Discover new and innovative ways to more efficiently tap into the power of cloud-based student collaboration with Microsoft Teams and how to take greater advantage of Office 365.
Whether you are teaching in a traditional setting, fully online or a hybrid format you will learn a variety of practical applications to enhance your instructional program. You will leave this seminar with dozens of helpful, ready-to-use tools outlined in an extensive digital resource handbook. In addition to the step-by-step instructions for utilizing the tools, David gives you direct access to his online resources for your immediate use.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Learning
Learn innovative ways to plan and deliver lessons that build on your traditional lesson plans perfect for in-person or virtual learning
- Maximize the Effectiveness of the Microsoft Suite for Student Feedback
Learn efficient ways to leave personalized, targeted, real-time feedback your Grades 6-12 students need to advance as learners
- Improve Collaboration with New Interactive Lessons
Learn dozens of ways Grades 6-12 students can collaborate and create at any time in any place … Make the most of Teams!
- Gain New Insights on How Students are Progressing
Discover a variety of applications that help reveal student thinking, progress, and learning gaps … Make the task of managing student progress easier and more efficient
- Develop Highly Customized, Timely, and Targeted Content
Learn the tools that can help you save, organize and share content that is highly personalized and motivating to your Grades 6-12 students
- Develop Learning Experiences that Foster Social-Emotional Growth
Learn how to use Microsoft tools to increase students' self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship skills while engaging in rigorous learning
- Quickly and Safely Create Videos Using Microsoft's Screen Recorder
Whether you are flipping your instruction or students are producing evidence of their learning, learn how Office 365 offers quick screen recording and secure publishing options for you and your student
- Develop New Ways to Engage your Colleagues and Develop Professional Learning Communities
Learn how Microsoft tools can help you collaborate, exchange ideas, and engage in professional dialogue with your colleagues
- Discover Tools to Save Time
Help scale your work and reallocate time by providing a way to organize large amounts of content necessary for lesson plans and assignments … Learn how to quickly organize and deliver content that will save you time to focus on what is most important
- Receive an Extensive DIGITAL Distance Learning Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
You will receive an extensive DIGITAL resource handbook, filled with the best, cutting-edge Microsoft Suite resources and other technology tools for strengthening your instruction and student success whether you are working in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most useful ways to use Microsoft tools to strengthen learning whether teaching online or in-person
- How to gain new insights on how students are progressing with Microsoft analytics and differentiate for grades 6-12 students during distance learning
- How to build an optimal online learning community that fosters social-emotional growth and strengthens students' independence
- Use the Office Suite to organize large amounts of content for learning plans and assignments
- Valuable strategies for using Stream and videos to enhance lesson delivery, assessments, and student success
- How to use Microsoft tools including Teams to give students new opportunities to interact and work together
- Harness the power of Microsoft tools to help scale work and reallocate your time
- How to amplify student voice and bring student thinking to the forefront of your class
- Ways to curate customized and personalized content using Microsoft tools
- Increase student self-awareness of areas of strength and growth by developing digital "check-ins"
- How to quickly and easily leave timely, personalized, real-time feedback
- How to give students opportunities to create and publish content for a real-world audience
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In today's classroom and remote learning environment, technology plays a critical role in the learning process. Collaborative platforms like Microsoft Teams and Office 365 are transforming classrooms and opening new and exciting ways to personalized learning. Used skillfully, these platforms help teachers gain insight into student learning and provide new accessibility tools to amplify the abilities of all students. Digital classroom environments can engage student curiosity, extend education outside the classroom, and provide access to learning opportunities previously inaccessible to learners.
As an educator who has grappled with the challenge of creating a classroom environment that maintains high standards, develops the social emotional skills of our grades 6-12 students and harnesses the power of technology, I know the daily challenges you are facing. Knowing that, I've built this seminar with you in mind. I believe that Microsoft tools enable teachers to create a rich learning experience that gives students control over their learning, gives teachers avenues to personalize instruction, and allows the school community to communicate and connect in real-time. In this seminar you will learn classroom-tested, student approved practical skills that will help you teach the whole student and develop classroom and online learning experiences that are tailored to your program and your grades 6-12 students.
I look forward to sharing the best of what works and how to more effectively use the technology tools readily available today. Join me to learn dozens of tips and tricks I have used with my secondary students. You will leave this seminar knowing how to make the best use of the Microsoft Suite – Teams, OneNote, Stream, and MORE – to enhance content, improve learning and bolster the social emotional skills of all your students.
I look forward to spending the day together!
P.S. The emphasis of our day will be on ready-to-use tools whether you are working in-person or online. You will receive an extensive DIGITAL resource handbook, plus special access to my resource-packed online files to support your success.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step directions to make teaching online or in-person easier
- Specific, classroom-tested strategies to maximize your use of the Microsoft Suite with your grades 6-12 students
- A link to additional, online, ready-to-use digital resources
- Dozens of strategies for increasing learning and strengthening social emotional skills
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
David Olinger will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.