Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Help Students with Special Needs Learn More by Teaching from Their Strengths, Not Their Disability
Presented by Cindy Miller
Specifically Designed for Special Education Teachers and Staff, Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Accelerate your students’ success with the newest strategies that focus on their unique neurodiversity and strengths rather than on learning disabilities and weaknesses – strategies that work!
- Strategies to implement the essential components that address the neurodiversity of your students with special needs and increase their learning and motivation to succeed in school
- Highly practical instructional strategies that will help your special needs students better process, retain and use information
- Receive an extensive resource handbook so you can immediately implement these exemplary strategies
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding, NEWseminar, experienced special education teacher and neurodiversity specialist, Cindy Miller, will share dozens of practical strategies you can immediately use to increase success for your students with special needs. Cindy provides innovative ways to open doors for your students by drawing on recent discoveries in neurodiversity and offering concrete techniques for teaching your students to become more productive learners.
You will learn how to help your students to maximize their strengths, build a growth mindset, work around the challenges they face in learning, and find greater success in school. Throughout the seminar, you’ll receive highly practical strategies, tips, instructional techniques, and activities to improve your students’ motivation and achievement. By examining our classroom structure, practicing empathy, and problem solving with our colleagues and students, we can manage the impact that challenging behaviors may have in our classrooms.
You’ll leave this seminar with new insights into how memory is encoded, consolidated, and later retrieved and a better understanding of how students with special needs learn. You will be equipped with an expanded “toolbox” of proven strategies that will allow your students to become more adept at grappling with the impediments that make learning challenging and give them skills that lead both to more complex mastery and better retention of what was learned.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Learning Using Strategies that Build on the Neurodiversity of Students with Special Needs
Practical strategies to implement what we know about the science of learning and how students with special needs learn differently
- Practical Strategies to Address and Accommodate the Neurodiversity of Your Students with Special Needs
Highly practical instructional strategies that will help your special needs students better process, retain and use information … Ideas and activities that will lead to greater learning for your students
- Discover How to Help Students with Special Needs Absorb and Retain Information
Plan effective strategies that help students become better at retrieving knowledge from memory … How to help students flex the neural muscles that make learning possible
- Strength-Based Assessment Ideas
Ideas for assessing for students’ strengths to help them build on what they do well … Teach your students to work around and tackle social, emotional, cognitive, and academic challenges
- Increase Student Engagement and Interest in Learning
Learn how more complex and durable learning comes from self-testing and introducing certain difficulties in practice … Gain useful resources, tools and tips for implementing these techniques and increasing students’ opportunity to respond
- Better Support Your Neurodiverse Students Using Growth Mindset Strategies
Multiple strategies to address and accommodate the neurodiversity of your students with special needs including brain-based learning strategies and ways to develop a growth mindset
- Help Your Students Develop Cognitively Effective Habits
Utilize cognitive research that teaches students the best habits for studying and learning new material … How interweaving the practice of one skill or topic with another leads to increased academic achievement … Simple, high-impact strategies that work for students who think and learn differently
- Enhance Students’ Attention and Memory
Gain insight on how to make the most of neurodiversity and what you can do to strengthen your classroom teaching
- Learn Strategies for Improving Students’ Outlook on Their Success
How to structure your lessons with a series of modest but powerful changes that make a big difference – many of which can be put into practice in a single class period
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook written specifically for this seminar to help you immediately implement the strategies when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to take the focus off of students’ disabilities and refocus on their neurodiversity to bring them greater success in and beyond the classroom
- A wealth of daily instructional strategies to accommodate the neurodiversity of your special needs students
- Instructional strategies that will help your special needs students process, retain and use information
- Practical strategies, key ideas and specific tips for implementing current research on neurodiversity, brain-based learning and growth mindset
- Help students value their diverse brains using growth mindset strategies to maximize their strengths and work around weaknesses
- Low-prep, high-impact strategies that develop habits of learning that work for your diverse learners
- Practical strategies, activities and examples to teach students how to identify and build on their strengths and use them to overcome challenges in learning
- The latest scientific research on how flexing the neural muscles makes deep learning possible
- Incorporate strategies into your daily instruction to help students find their potential
- Easy-to-implement activities to create environments within which neurodiversity can thrive
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Neurodiversity is a hot topic that can change the way we teach, write IEPs and help our students with special needs be successful. Different brains bring different and exciting strengths into the classroom, and educators can utilize these gifts to build students’ competence and confidence. There is so much emerging information and research regarding brain function and the many ways that we, as special educators, can integrate that information into our teaching, sometimes it’s overwhelming! As a topic that drives my curiosity, passion and instruction, I am excited to have the opportunity to help you make sense of it all and share real-world strategies and techniques that work!
What we know now about neurodiversity can greatly strengthen our instruction and increase learning for our students with special needs. Rather than using traditional instructional strategies that often focus on skill deficits, we can design differentiated learning strategies that meet students’ individual strengths, interests and talents. When we change our perspective and think about students with special needs as divergent thinkers with unique skill sets, we can begin to tap into their strengths, help them build a growth mindset, and see school as a place where they can be successful and contributing students. During our day together, I will share dozens of strategies you can use immediately that will increase your students’ learning and confidence. We will look at assessment ideas, building learning routines, and strengthening students’ ability to gain, retain and apply knowledge in new ways.
I invite you to join me for this fast-paced, strategy-packed seminar!
Cindy R. Miller
P.S. You will leave this practical seminar with many techniques and strategies that you can immediately implement in your classroom!
Who Should Attend
Special Education Teachers and Staff, Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Key ideas, specific tips, and numerous strategies for implementing current research on neurodiversity, positive psychology and learning
- Essential strategies for increasing your students’ learning, retention and access to memory
- Easy-to-implement activities to help teachers improve their practice by explaining how they and their students think and learn
- You will be provided with a list of books and resources for more information
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing learning for their students with special needs.
Cindy Miller will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.