Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Use iPads® to Help Your Students
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: Special Education Staff, Classroom Teachers, Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Administrators
- Tap into the most current and appropriate iPad technology and apps to use with your students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Practical and motivating iPad apps to significantly increase the success of your students with ASD, both academically and behaviorally
- Choose and use numerous, exemplary iPad apps designed to meet the social, behavior, sensory, communication, and educational needs of students with ASD
- Save yourself hours of time searching through the thousands of iPad apps available – Kathy has done the work for you and knows which apps work best for students with ASD
- Greatly increase the learning of ALL students with an ASD, whether the student is performing at a low functioning level or at a gifted cognitive level
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of quality apps, websites and other iPad resources and classroom-proven strategies for using this powerful technology to help your students with ASD
You are welcome, though not required, to bring your own fully charged iPad to the seminar.
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical Ideas and Strategies
iPads and other mobile devices are superb learning tools. In the hands of students with special needs, especially students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, this technology tool is truly amazing. The intuitive interface and the wealth of learning tools open a whole new world of interactive, engaging teaching and learning for students with ASD.
In this fast-paced, app-filled seminar, you will gain dozens of practical, usable ideas for utilizing the iPad to engage, motivate and increase learning – both academically and behaviorally. Whether you have one iPad, enough for several learning centers or even one-on-one, you will gain strategies and activities for making the best use of free and low-cost apps in your teaching situation.
Outstanding teacher, author and nationally recognized Autism Spectrum Disorders leader, Kathy Morris, will provide you with numerous strategies and lists of apps that she has found works well with students with special needs. She has spent hours researching for you and has put it into a practical, easy-to-follow seminar you won’t want to miss. Come and enjoy a productive day of learning how to best use an iPad with your students with ASD.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Tap into the Best, Readily Available iPad Technology to Increase School Success for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Discover the powerful impact iPads can have on teaching and learning for your students with ASD … Kathy has done the work, research and testing of apps for you and knows which apps work best!
- Teach Social, Communication and Executive Functioning Skills with Universal iPad Apps
Create Power Cards, Social Stories™, video modeling, reminder cards, keychain rules, and other evidence-based strategies shown to improve behavior while decreasing undesirable behaviors … How to use iPad apps that are readily available
- Practical Strategies to Use iPad Apps to Meet the Critical Components Needed in a Classroom for Students with ASD
Discover apps for schedules, work systems, sensory systems, and structured tasks so that meeting the needs of a student with an ASD becomes easier than ever
- Address the Triangle of Deficits that Impact Students with ASD
Find apps that address the breakdowns in communication, socialization and behavior to further support students with an ASD
- Take Advantage of the High-Speed Features iPad Technology Offers Students Who Benefit from Visual, Interactive and Audio Prompts
Whether your students need picture schedules, sentence builders, graphic organizers, communication systems, vocabulary development, story builders, goal setting, or other visual prompts, the iPad can help your students with ASD be more successful in the classroom, community and social situations
- Find Resources and Apps to Support Student Learning in the Way They Learn Best
Teach them in the way they learn … Free and inexpensive apps and resources – all perfect for teaching students who learn differently
- Hook into Sensory Apps that Promote Modulation, Relaxation and Focusing
Learn easy apps to calm, energize and focus students … How these apps can be used in the classroom and appropriate times of the day to use them
- Discover Apps and Strategies that “Hook” the Students’ Interests While Increasing Academic Achievement
Boost comprehension, increase vocabulary and improve performance in math, science, social studies, and reading by using apps that match the students’ interests
- Innovative Ways to Use the iPad to Provide the Immediate Feedback Students Need to Change and Inform Their Behavior
Learn how iPads can make communication and social skill instruction interactive and engaging for students with ASD
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook, specifically designed for this seminar, filled with dozens of quality apps, websites and other iPad resources along with evidence-based strategies focusing on this powerful technology
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical strategies for using the iPad with your students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- How to use your iPad to set up visual schedules, work systems and reminders to meet the needs of students with an ASD
- Numerous, exemplary apps designed to meet the social, behavior, sensory, communication, and educational needs for students with ASD
- How to easily use UNIVERSAL APPS to create positive behavior supports
- Best iPad apps for Social Stories™, Power Cards, video modeling, and more!
- Tips for choosing and using the best apps for your mobile devices
- Choose communication apps based on student needs using the characteristics of form, function, content, and context
- Find apps that increase reading comprehension, a skill that is often difficult for students on the spectrum who may decode fluently but cannot remember what they read
- Keep updated with new uses and apps for iPads
- Free and inexpensive apps and tools perfect for teaching students with ASD
- How to make learning more accessible for your students with ASD
- Increase students’ executive functioning skills using iPad features and apps
- Step-by-step demonstrations for taking advantage of the rich array of ready-to-use apps and resources
- Content-rich resources for iPads
- Practical and doable ways to use the iPad with your students with ASD
- How to find and create simple multimedia presentations as engaging hooks to your lessons or units
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Our students have never known a time without technology, and one device that they are having more and more experience and success with is the iPad. This intuitive, easy-to-use tool provides teachers with yet another option for reaching our students with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a familiar and motivating way. I am very excited to spend a day with you demonstrating the practical uses of the iPad and sharing dozens of apps perfect for educators who work with students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
This seminar is designed to provide you with numerous ideas, strategies, tips, suggestions, and activities for using the iPad as a tool to strengthen your instruction of students with ASD. You will receive information on dozens of exemplary apps, both free and inexpensive. I will share a variety of ways to set up visual schedules, routines and organization reminders to help your students be successful. In addition, you will discover many timesaving tips for integrating the iPad into your daily routine. All of the ideas and strategies are meant to be adapted to fit your students and your classroom.
I am looking forward to meeting you at the seminar. The day will be filled with practical, classroom-proven strategies for using the iPad, whether you have one device or several to use.
You will leave with a very full toolkit of ideas, apps and strategies!
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: Special Education Staff, Classroom Teachers, Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Apps to address the components in the classroom needed for a student with an ASD
- Using appropriate apps to address the “triad of impairments” in an ASD
- Apps for social routines
- Apps for implementing Positive Behavior Supports
- How to use the Universal Apps (Pages, Keynote, GarageBand) to meet needs of students with an ASD
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in best apps and uses with the iPad to enhance their programs.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical technology applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal, we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged iPad but it is not a requirement to attend this seminar. Your resource handbook will provide you with project ideas and resources to support additional hands‑on exploration after this seminar.
Kathy Morris will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.