Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Writing Strategies:
Practical Ideas for Meeting Your State Standards for Writing in Kindergarten, First and Second Grades: Designed for Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Strategies you can use to focus your writing instruction to help your students meet the range of skills and applications specified in your state standards for writing
- Innovative, ready-to-use strategies to strengthen your students’ writing skills and help them meet your rigorous state standards in grades K-2
- Effective ways to address narrative, expository and opinion writing lessons
- Practical ideas to manage and organize your writing program in a K-2 classroom
- Dozens of ideas, activities and tips to motivate your students to write more effectively to meet your state standards
- Text-type specific lessons that will work with emergent to fluent writers
- Displays, models, student samples, and a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies, lessons, activities, and ideas designed just for K-2 teachers
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This highly practical seminar has been designed specifically for K-2 educators to help students be successful writers. The focus of this seminar will be on providing K-2 teachers with innovative and ready-to-use strategies to help early and emerging writers develop the necessary skills to become independent writers.
Diane Murphy will share a wealth of ideas and strategies to help all your K-2 students from the struggling to the more advanced writers. She will demonstrate and model lessons you can use in your classroom, complete with real student samples. Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with specific lesson ideas, model materials and strategies to support students in meeting your state standards for writing.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Help Your Students Be More Successful in Meeting Your State Standards for Writing
Strategies to focus your writing instruction to help your students gain mastery of the range of skills and applications specified in your state standards… Help your students develop and apply strategies good writers use to strengthen their writing skills
- Discover Innovative Narrative, Informative/Explanatory and Opinion Writing Lessons
Learn a variety of lessons and activities that focus on specific text types and purposes … Ideas and activities that will work with all levels of K-2 writers in your classroom
- Accelerate Your Struggling Writers’ Skills and Increase Their Opportunities to Meet Your State Standards
Accelerate your students who have fewer experiences to draw from with numerous strategies that will increase their vocabulary, speaking, language, and writing skills … Learn classroom-proven activities and skill-builders to develop the confidence that reluctant learners need tosucceed
- rovide Highly Effective Feedback to Improve Students’ Writing
Effective techniques to provide students with meaningful feedback that will improve their writing … Help your young students learn to respond to questions and suggestions to edit and revise their writing
- Strengthen Student Understanding and Use of the Writing Process
Learn ways to help students plan, revise, edit, rewrite, produce, publish, and add detail to their writing … Ideas to help students develop writing fluency and the ability to produce pieces over short and extended timeframes
- Explore Language Connections between Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Reading
Integrate essential literacy skills into writing on a daily basis with effective strategies to accelerate students’ writing skills … Strategies that help students use speaking, listening and reading as a springboard for writing
- Practical Ideas to Manage and Organize Your Daily Writing Program
How to easily fit in daily writing that keeps your students actively engaged in the writing process … Discover practical ways to plan, organize and manage to make the best use of your writing time
- Link Writing to Children’s Literature
Use good literature as a model to develop writing skills in your K-2 students … Ways to use books as a springboard for writing and creating stories
- Discover Shared Writing Experiences to Build Writing Skills
I do, We do, You do with support, You do independently … Explore ways to incorporate shared research and writing projects into any writing program … Practical and doable ways to scaffold learning and provide support as needed
- Increase Your Teaching Options to Meet and Exceed Your State Standards for Writing
Create innovative mini-lessons, writing activities and literature links that will greatly improve your students’ writing … Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with ideas, models and strategies that will support you when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Numerous hands-on ideas, strategies and demonstrations to strengthen and enrich your current K-2 writing program
- Practical ideas for helping your students write for different purposes and audiences as outlined in your state standards
- Motivate student writers through effective mini-lessons that meet the needs of all your students
- Ideas for meeting the oral and written expression strands in your state standards
- Highly effective mini-lessons that meet the needs of early, emerging and developing writers in grades K-2
- Successful ways to build student confidence and strengthen their skills in writing
- Effective strategies to help your students organize their writing
- Scaffold and support students to create more independent writers
- Incorporate links to children’s literature through book titles that work well with your state standards
- Ways to help students move through the writing process efficiently
- Create meaningful writing prompts that will keep your students on topic
- Elevate the quality of student writing with mini-lessons on the craft of writing
- Implement shared writing activities to accelerate your struggling writers’ skills
- Practical and manageable strategies to keep students engaged in writing
- Exciting ways to integrate writing in other areas of your day
- Effectively confer and give feedback to help students improve their writing
- Incorporate exciting and ready-to-implement activities that will increase the writing vocabulary of your students and improve their writing
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
If you are working to help your students meet your state standards for writing and wondering how to fit it all into your already-full day, you will want to attend this seminar! I know teaching writing is hard work – especially when it comes to motivating students to write and helping them consistently improve the quality of their writing. In this seminar, you will learn ideas for guiding, coaching and scaffolding your students to become more independent writers in order to be more successful in meeting your writing standards.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Research-based strategies to increase students’ writing skills
- Writing mini-lessons you can use in your grades K-2 classrooms
- Specific ways to use children’s literature to jump-start students’ writing
- Practical ideas for organizing your daily writing time
- Conferencing tips and techniques
- Easy-to-use ideas, strategies and lessons to increase students’ success in writing
- Writing for different purposes and audiences
- Increasing the writing vocabulary of your students
- Dozens of practical strategies to help your students meet your state standards for writing
Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with engaging writing lessons and activities that you can use immediately with all your students – from the struggling to the more fluent writers. It is my goal that you leave with all the tools you need to strengthen your writing instruction so your K-2 students can be more successful in meeting your state standards for writing.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Students in Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive K-2 writing resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes dozens of ideas and activities including:
- Easy-to-implement writing lessons to support your state standards
- Practical ideas to motivate students to become writers
- Management and organizational ideas for integrating writing throughout your day
- Lessons that focus on different text types
- A bibliography of mentor text book titles
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other grades K-2 educators seeking practical ways to improve student writing.
Diane Murphy will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.