New, Innovative Strategies, Activities and Resources for Strengthening Your HEALTH EDUCATION Program (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Ann Thompson-Hague
Specifically Designed for Health Educators Serving Students in Grades 6-12
- New and innovative strategies for strengthening health education instruction in grades 6-12
- The most up-to-date health information on alcohol, drugs, sexuality education, communicable diseases, nutrition and more
- Proven strategies for teaching about bullying, violence prevention, social pressures, and peer influences … Help your students take greater responsibility for their own and others’ personal health and safety
- Skill-based health education strategies and activities that support health-promoting attitudes and values
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this interactive, highly engaging NEW seminar, award winning health education teacher, Ann Thompson-Hague will share a wealth of effective ways to help your student’s better address the most critical health issues they face today. Ann will present dozens of practical strategies along with the most useful resources that will help you better equip your students with the essential information they need to make healthy choices.
You will learn new and innovative strategies to help your students develop health promoting attitudes and behaviors. Ann will share the most up-to-date information on alcohol, drugs, sexuality education, nutrition, and communicable diseases. Engaging activities that promote advocacy for self-esteem, increased risk awareness, interpersonal communication skills, and personal goal setting will be included.
You will leave with new, innovative strategies and the most up-to-date health information and resources to further enhance your health education program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Health Education Instruction, Promote Healthy Student Attitudes and Behaviors
Incorporate the most up-to-date resources and instructional strategies to deepen your students’ knowledge of the most critical, current health issues they face and help them develop the skills and attitudes needed to make healthy behavior choices
- Harassment, Hazing and Bullying: Equip Students with the Tools they Need
Address the impact that harassment, hazing and bullying has on a student’s self-esteem … Learn specific lessons for teaching violence prevention that will help your students take greater responsibility for their own and peers’ personal health and safety
- Utilize Fully Comprehensive Sexuality Education Curricula
Update your sexuality education instruction to incorporate topics of emerging awareness
- Incorporate the Most Current Health Information on Alcohol and Drug Education
Learn specific lessons that address prescription drug abuse, methamphetamines and recreational drugs and help students develop the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy decisions
- Address Social Media’s Impact on Your Students’ Health Behaviors
Learn effective strategies that will help you better address the tremendous impact that social media can have on students’ knowledge and attitudes of what is appropriate and genuinely healthy
- Incorporate Skill-Based Health Education Strategies and Activities in Your Health Education Instruction
Using the National Health Education standards, learn specific ways you can write skill-based health lessons that are engaging and personally relevant for your students
- Help Your Students Develop Healthy, Nutritional Habits Now and For Years to Come
Learn specific strategies to increase your students’ nutritional awareness and help them more consistently incorporate this into their daily nutritional choices
- Increase the Accuracy of Students’ Perceptions of Personal Health Risks
Learn effective ways to have your students more accurately assess their vulnerability to health problems and actual risks engaging in harmful health behaviors and exposure to unhealthy situations
- Make Best Use of Teen Health Surveys to Adjust Instruction and Improve Your Health Education Program
Learn what to look for, how to interpret the results and how to implement your findings to improve your health education program
- Receive a Comprehensive Health Education Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies, practical concepts, and activities to increase students’ knowledge in health education topics
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Ways to empower your students to become better self managers of their own physical and emotional health
- Highly effective techniques to decrease student discomfort discussing uncomfortable health topics
- Powerful strategies to increase student risk awareness on drug and alcohol use
- Ways to promote empathy in students, allowing them to become conscious of the effect their behaviors and attitudes have on others
- Proven strategies to build confidence, self-esteem and self-worth within a classroom group
- Ways to significantly increase students’ knowledge base of today’s health challenges
- Innovative ways to ensure that students consistently retain and apply healthy choices
- Proven methods to immerse students into real-world scenarios to increase motivation and learning and incorporate healthy outcomes
- Easy-to-implement strategies to help your students practice and implement healthy skills and concepts
- A multitude of useful, valuable resources to encourage healthy inquiry through practical learning experiences
- Practical methods to reduce students’ unhealthy behaviors and increase students’ desire to act responsibly and respectfully
- Teacher-friendly ideas to help students make correct choices socially, emotionally and behaviorally
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a health education teacher for 30 years, it’s been my experience that many health topics are embarrassing and personal, yet are rewarding to teach when they result in students taking greater responsibility for their own and others’ personal health and safety. Allowing my students to share their feelings in a safe and nonjudgmental environment provided my classes with rich and meaningful experiences. My goal is to encourage students to care about themselves and others and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors.
I look forward to welcoming you to a day that will be filled with a wealth of practical take-right-back-to-your-classroom strategies you can use to significantly increase your students’ knowledge of the critical health topics they face now and in the future. Specifically designed for health educators in grades 6-12, our day will focus on highly effective tools and techniques to successfully implement engaging health education activities and utilize practical strategies for enhancing your program.
Based on the National Health Education Standards, I will share highly effective ways to seamlessly integrate essential health topics into an effective and engaging instructional sequence, providing techniques to empower students to become better self-managers of their own health choices.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. As a veteran health educator, I understand the extra effort it takes to be out of the classroom. It’s my commitment that our day together will be worth your time and that you will leave with dozens of easy-to-use, practical ideas and strategies you can implement immediately in your health classroom.
Who Should Attend
Health Education Teachers and Specialists Serving Grades 6-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Health Education Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive health education resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical ideas for helping your students meet rigorous content and practice standards, including those aligned with the Practical Strategies and Activities for Strengthening your Health Education Program
- Powerful strategies to increase student engagement and retention of core ideas from the new standards
- Innovative ideas for integrating the health practices and concepts into your health instruction
- Proven, step-by-step techniques for planning engaging instructional sequences
- Incorporate outstanding ideas into your health instruction
Meet and Share with Other Health Educators
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other health educators interested in enhancing their grades 6-12 health education programs.
Ann Thompson-Hague will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own health education program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.