Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Response to Intervention
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Practical methods for using guided reading strategies in the Response to Intervention (RTI) process to strengthen reading achievement in grades K-2
- Highly effective RTI intervention strategies and progress monitoring techniques that coordinate with guided reading
- Realistic methods for adjusting small group instruction based on students’ needs in reading
- Classroom-proven techniques and activities to keep the rest of the class working independently and productively as the teacher instructs guided reading groups
- Demonstrations, displays and an extensive resource handbook designed to assist in implementing successful small group reading instruction using an RTI model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for evidence-based Response to Intervention (RTI) guided reading strategies to help your students before they fall too far behind in reading, this new seminar is designed for you. Using the latest research on best teaching practices, Mary will share classroom-proven strategies, ideas and techniques for guided reading instruction to increase your students’ fluency and reading comprehension. She will fill the day with ideas you can take back to your grades K-2 classroom and implement immediately with your own students.
Join Mary for this exciting opportunity to learn how to design powerful, highly effective guided reading lessons and conduct frequent progress monitoring utilizing the RTI method. Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with timesaving ideas proven to maximize your effectiveness in accelerating the reading achievement of all your students within an RTI model.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Incorporate the Key Components of a Response to Intervention Model in a Guided Reading Classroom, Grades K-2
Discover how to successfully implement guided reading within the Response to Intervention model … Learn the essential steps for following RTI procedures for maximizing students’ achievement in reading
- Learn Methods for Assessing and Grouping Students for Optimal Reading Growth in the RTI process
Discover powerful ways to assess, group and then move quickly to the instructional component of intervention … Simple yet effective assessment for monitoring student progress that you can easily use in your guided reading program
- Intervene with Students Before They Fall Too Far Behind
Learn how and when to intervene at the earliest stages so students are not left to struggle and fail … Highly practical strategies for small group instruction that meet students at their instructional level
- Increase Comprehension Through Research-Based Vocabulary Instruction
Discover how to strengthen comprehension through powerful vocabulary instruction specifically designed for use in guided reading instruction in K-2 classrooms … See how including guided reading in the RTI process leads to better comprehension skills
- Use Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction
Strengthen your guided reading instruction with outstanding techniques that address the diverse needs of your students … Proven and practical strategies that really work and can be implemented in a K-2 classroom using the RTI process
- Ready-to-Use Reading Interventions that Will Save Time
Use the limited time you have for instruction to make the most impact on your students’ reading achievement … How to best organize instruction to include intensive, systematic and multilevel instruction in your daily schedule
- Implement the Most Effective, Evidence-Based Reading Interventions in Tiers 1 and 2
Match specific interventions to student needs to immediately impact your K-2 students’ reading skills … Use the power of guided reading to help all your students make significant progress
- Manage and Organize Your Literacy Centers for Maximum Benefit
Learn easy-to-implement methods and center activities that will keep all of your students productively engaged while you teach in a guided reading format … Creative centers that will save you time
- Take Your Guided Reading Instruction to a Higher Level
Discover new ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of your guided reading program in an RTI framework … Provide powerful instruction to increase student reading achievement in grades K-2
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with practical reading interventions, activities and materials – all ready for immediate use with guided reading and Response to Intervention
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Outstanding ways to enhance the effectiveness of your current guided reading program following the RTI model
- How to use the best, current research and practices in your guided reading instruction in grades K-2
- Powerful reading interventions to help students before they fall too far behind
- How to integrate guided reading lessons into the RTI model
- How to plan before, during and after strategies to increase student reading achievement
- Engaging activities that result in increased reading fluency
- Easy-to-use strategies for increasing comprehension through research-based vocabulary instruction
- Outstanding ideas to keep the rest of the class engaged in independent reading and writing activities while you work with small guided reading groups
- How to use differentiated instruction to significantly increase reading achievement for ALL students
- Practical techniques to meet your students’ reading needs without increasing your workload
- Evidence-based methods to improve comprehension skills for fiction and nonfiction text
- Realistic ideas for using guided reading in an RTI framework to help even your most reluctant readers
- Simple, time-efficient ways to document and monitor student progress in the RTI framework
- The most powerful strategies to teach the key elements of literacy in grades K-2
- Outstanding teaching techniques to take guided reading instruction to a higher level within the RTI framework
- Highly practical strategies for using guided reading in an RTI format to improve reading achievement in grades K-2 – whether you are at the beginning stages of implementation or are experienced at using RTI
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Response to Intervention (RTI) is recognized as a proven framework for ensuring academic success. RTI is based on research-proven instructional methods that will benefit students who are struggling with reading. The biggest advantage of implementing RTI is that teachers will have a better understanding of the reading skills of each student in the class. As teachers, we know the importance of effectively identifying and helping our struggling readers before they fall even further behind.
In this new seminar, we will focus on research-based guided reading strategies for Tiers 1 and 2 of the RTI framework. I have designed this seminar to provide fresh ideas and the best, most current techniques to enrich your guided reading instruction and increase reading achievement for grades K-2 students.
You will receive dozens of research-based strategies to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current guided reading program. Practical and specific ways to monitor student progress as outlined by RTI will also be addressed. We will cover effective ways to keep the rest of the class productive and engaged while you work with guided reading groups. This day will be packed with ideas, strategies and activities to build a classroom of confident and competent readers.
In this fast-paced seminar, we will discuss research-based comprehension, fluency and vocabulary strategies that will motivate and engage even the most reluctant reader. We will discuss how to use RTI interventions to get to know and understand our students and their different skill levels. My goal is for you to leave with a wealth of guided reading strategies you will use immediately in an RTI model. Please join me for this highly practical and engaging day.
P.S. If you want practical, research-based strategies to significantly increase your students’ reading achievement and techniques to help you successfully incorporate RTI into your guided reading instruction, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive the extensive resource handbook, RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION in a Guided Reading Classroom: Practical Strategies to Meet the Needs of All Your Students (Grades K-2), specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
A wealth of practical, ready-to-use strategies to increase your students’ reading achievement
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated guided reading instruction that follows the RTI model
- Games, activities, lesson plans, and copy-ready pages for immediate implementation in your RTI instruction
- Powerful before, during and after reading activities for group and independent learning
- Research-based techniques to help all students read with confidence and competence
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.