GUIDED READING: Practical Strategies to DIFFERENTIATE Using Small Group Instruction (Grades K-2)
Presented by Tiffany Aden
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K 2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Link differentiation and Guided Reading Instruction so all your grades K-2 students experience appropriate levels of support and challenge
- Use Guided Reading and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students in Tier 1 and Tier 2 targeted groups in Response to Intervention
- Incorporate meaningful and powerful activities that engage the rest of your students independently while you work with small reading groups
- Utilize literacy tasks perfect for your instruction to support all students with whole group, small group and independent learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar will focus on linking the classroom-proven method of Guided Reading with differentiated instruction to increase the success of your grades K-2 readers. Experienced Guided Reading teacher and literacy trainer, TIFFANY ADEN, will provide you with outstanding strategies, methods and activities to help you better meet the wide range of needs in your classroom. These ready-to-use ideas will enable you to help all your students reach higher levels of reading success.
You will gain insights as you see and hear demonstrations that model powerful methods. Discover and experience effective strategies, engaging activities and classroom proven ideas. Gain valuable approaches for strengthening your students’ decoding and word reading, comprehension, vocabulary development, and fluency.
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of highly practical ideas, strategies and activities to help you fully integrate differentiated instruction into your Guided Reading groups, small groups and independent workstations to greatly enhance your students’ success in reading.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate Strategies that Work to Differentiate Your Guided Reading Instruction
Learn the essential steps for combining Guided Reading and differentiated instruction to maximize student success in reading
- Ensure the Reading Success of All Your K-2 Students with Ready-to-Use Strategies and Activities
Examine easy-to-use strategies that build upon differentiation and Guided Reading … Best strategies to support practice and learning for all your students
- Increase In-Class Engagement and Productivity
Engaged students have greater content knowledge and success in reading … Increase decoding, fluency and comprehension with practical strategies designed to support students in your classroom
- Strengthen Reading Comprehension with Word Study and Word Work
Ensure your students are able to “break the code” with supportive word study practices … Explore word study techniques that strengthen student comprehension
- Create Research Based Small Group Lessons that Use Differentiated Materials to Meet Student Needs in Grades K-2
Explore a variety of materials that support and strengthen students’ word study, vocabulary and comprehension skills … Learn how to analyze text in selection of materials to increase your students’ comprehension
- Keep the Rest of Your Students Productively Engaged While You Teach Guided Reading Small Groups
Discover powerful, easy-to-incorporate literacy center ideas designed to provide students with the practice they need … Dozens of specific suggestions as well as a wealth of sample materials
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Guided Reading Small Groups and Materials
Gain a wealth of ideas for making differentiation and small groups more manageable, doable and successful … Valuable organizational tips for managing small group reading instruction materials in the classroom and on a schoolwide level
- Assess Your Grades K-2 Students for Continual Progress
Learn easy-to-use methods for assessing the wide range of students in your class to form highly effective small groups … Generate specific data to inform your reading instruction
- Systematic Planning to Maximize the Success of Your Differentiated Small Group Instruction
Learn the essential components of planning differentiated lessons to maximize your students’ reading achievement
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – Receive an Extensive Guided Reading Handbook
You’ll leave with an extensive resource handbook packed with over 100 pages of practical differentiation ideas, strategies, activities, tips, sample materials, and resources – all designed for immediate use
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to use differentiated instruction in Guided Reading to ensure that all your students become successful readers
- Ways to support learning using routines and procedures to increase student engagement and responses
- Specific differentiated instruction techniques that can be used in small groups to accelerate your students’ acquisition of reading skills
- Specific strategies for using differentiated instruction in targeted small groups to meet the needs of students in Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Practical, realistic strategies for differentiating reading instruction to meet the needs of each child in your group
- Fluency strategies to support student automaticity and prosody
- How to manage materials and students to keep your lessons on track for success
- Strategies to narrow the achievement gap for Title I students, students with special needs and English Learners
- How to work smarter, not harder to increase student achievement in reading using differentiated instruction
- Detailed steps for managing meaningful literacy centers that keep grades K-2 students reading and writing while you teach small groups
- Highly practical methods for meeting the needs of all your emergent, developing and fluent readers in small groups
- Developmentally appropriate phonics activities to strengthen decoding and word work
- Easy-to-incorporate ideas to strengthen close reading, responding to reading and writing
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
This day is for you! I know firsthand how very hard teachers work and my goal is to provide you with practical tools and strategies to help your young students become more successful readers. As an experienced grades K-2 teacher, instructional coach and teacher trainer I want to share with you the best of what I have found to be successful with real students in real classrooms. My ultimate goal is to equip you to feel more confident, organized and efficient in delivering highly effective, differentiated reading instruction that is responsive to your young students’ needs.
During our day together we will explore practical, research-based strategies to help you differentiate your reading instruction for the wide range of students in your small groups. I want to share ideas that will help you make the best use of your time and resources, including time-efficient ways you can identify the specific needs of your students. We will explore tools and activities designed to captivate and increase your students’ achievement in reading. I will also provide you with engaging activities and ideas for keeping the rest of the class productively learning as you focus on working with small groups.
Please join me for a renewing, empowering day filled with strategies and ideas for providing the instructional support your students need to become successful readers. You will receive my Guided Reading resource handbook that includes a wealth of classroom-proven strategies and useful techniques for meeting the needs of all your students. At the end of the seminar you will leave with dozens of effective and adaptable differentiation techniques you can use to support the success of your young readers.
P.S. You will receive an extensive Guided Reading resource handbook I wrote specifically for this seminar that is filled with practical ideas and strategies you can implement immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K 2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Lesson templates for providing effective and explicit differentiated small group reading instruction
- Meaningful workstation ideas that deepen skill development and provide independent reading and writing practice
- Differentiation with choice of materials, grouping and coaching strategies
- Center and station ideas perfect for use at multiple grade levels and skill levels
- Time-efficient assessments to support grouping students for skills and strategies
- Resources that make using differentiation and Guided Reading practical
Tiffany Aden will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.