Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Students in Grades K-2:
Classroom Teachers, Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff,
Teachers of English Language Learners, and Administrators
- Incorporate powerful, differentiated strategies to strengthen reading instruction so all your grades K-2 students experience appropriate levels of support and challenge
- Complement whole class core instruction with small group reading lessons to provide daily differentiated lessons
- Practical, efficient ideas to more effectively manage and organize your reading program in a grades K-2 classroom to better support your students
- Practical, easy-to-use tools to address reading informational text in grades K-2
- Differentiated literacy work stations for your emergent, developing and fluent readers to support their reading progress
- Model lessons, displays, student samples, classroom video segments, and an extensive reading resource handbook packed with dozens of practical ideas, strategies and activities that will support you in your efforts to differentiate your reading instruction in grades K-2
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Powerful Strategies for Differentiating Reading Instruction
This NEW, highly practical seminar has been specifically designed for grades K-2 educators to help strengthen their students’ reading skills through the classroom-proven method of using differentiated strategies to enhance reading instruction. Outstanding primary teacher and national presenter Linda Klotz will provide you with research-based strategies, methods and activities to help you better meet the wide range of needs in your whole class and small group lessons.
The focus of this seminar will be to provide you with innovative and ready-to-use strategies that will help young readers develop the necessary skills to become competent, fluent readers. Linda will share a wealth of ideas that will help increase the reading skills of all your grades K-2 students, using both fiction and nonfiction books.
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of highly practical ideas, strategies and activities to fully incorporate differentiated instruction into your current reading program. In addition, you will receive an extensive resource handbook that will help you implement differentiated instruction immediately when you return to your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen the Reading Achievement of Your K-2 Readers Using Differentiated Strategies
Engaging, classroom-proven strategies that emphasize critical reading skills on the diverse needs of your students … Differentiate your reading instruction to accelerate the reading levels of your students that need extra support or challenge
- Focus on Highly Practical Strategies to Support Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Fluency
Engaging, easy-to-implement, hands-on strategies that support the research-based components of increased reading competency … Enhance your reading instruction as soon as you return to school
- Timesaving Strategies for Better Managing Differentiated Reading Instruction
Proven, timesaving management techniques to smooth the transition to a more differentiated approach to instruction … Increase student achievement with small, flexible group instruction focused on specific skill needs … Provide appropriate challenges for each student – from the struggling to the high reader
- Incorporate the Key Strategies of Differentiation Within Guided Reading Instruction in Grades K-2
Discover how to use differentiated instruction in your reading program and small groups to ensure that each and every student becomes a successful reader ... Learn the essential steps for combining guided reading and differentiated instruction to maximize student achievement in reading
- Accelerate the Reading Success of All Your K-2 Students with Ready-to-Use Strategies and Activities
Linda will share easy-to-use methods that build upon differentiation with your reading program … Create the conditions that support rapid learning for all your students
- Create Research-Based Small Group Lessons that Use Differentiated Materials to Better Meet Student Needs in Grades K-2
Learn simple and easy ways to match books to your reading groups to complement your differentiated instruction
- Timesaving Tips and Techniques for More Efficiently Managing Your Reading Program and Materials
Make differentiation in reading instruction easier and more manageable with these outstanding organizational ideas … Classroom and schoolwide systems for choosing and sharing books that meet your students’ needs every day
- Differentiate Literacy Work Station Activities to Better Meet Student Needs in Grades K-2
Meet the diverse learning needs and readiness levels of your students through the use of meaningful literacy work stations that provide the appropriate level of challenge for each student
- Accelerate the Reading Success of All Your K-2 Students with Informational/Nonfiction Text
Create the conditions with differentiated instruction for all the reading levels in your classroom while using engaging texts that your students will love to read
- Receive an Extensive Reading Instruction Resource Handbook
You will leave with an extensive reading instruction resource handbook packed with practical differentiation ideas, strategies and activities, tips, sample materials, and resources – all designed for immediate use in your grades K-2 reading instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, realistic strategies for differentiating reading instruction across your reading program
- Assessment strategies for forming flexible small groups to take best advantage of differentiation
- How to better manage students and materials to keep your reading lessons on track for success
- Ways to better organize groups of students by their common reading goals for more targeted instruction
- The most effective teacher prompts to better increase reading achievement
- How to use differentiated instruction in the guided reading format to ensure that all your students become successful readers
- How to work smarter, not harder while strengthening your reading instruction with differentiation
- Detailed steps for managing meaningful literacy work stations that keep grades K-2 students reading and writing while you teach small groups
- Highly effective strategies to help your students more effectively navigate informational/nonfiction text for comprehension
- How to determine the appropriate text selection for each of your students
- Efficient ways to help your students read text for comprehension
- Creative, hands-on literacy strengthening manipulatives for your literacy work stations that support your students’ reading development
- Proven ways to teach students to use literacy work stations responsibly and work cooperatively
- Instructional formats that scaffold students as they integrate multiple comprehension strategies during reading
- Dramatically increase student interaction with the text for deeper comprehension and recall of information
- Practical suggestions for addressing the obstacles to student progress in fluency, word recognition and comprehension
- Motivating activities to promote vocabulary growth
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced K-2 teacher, I know firsthand the challenges of teaching reading to our primary students. We are constantly striving to improve the academic achievement of all our students, yet keeping in mind that we are teaching 5, 6 and 7-year-olds. We can help all our students find success in reading with research-based strategies that differentiate lessons for the wide range of students in our whole class and small group instruction.
In this seminar, I will share with you specific and intentional strategies you can begin to use immediately to teach your students. Everything I share is practical and easy to implement because I model how to use the techniques, share video examples of real K-2 classrooms, as well as share strategies and activities I have used in my own classrooms.
This seminar will be a fun-filled day that will build upon what you know and already do well in reading instruction and will launch your students toward new heights in reading through the use of differentiated instruction. This means acquiring new knowledge, new skills and new resources to get you there. Please join me for an exciting day that will reaffirm the powerful teaching you already do in your reading program and will add the essential differentiated instruction strategies that will ensure all your students become successful readers.
P.S. You will also be given an extensive reading resource handbook filled with ideas and strategies for linking differentiated instruction and reading that you can implement immediately in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with students in grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Teachers of English Language Learners, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive reading resource handbook especially designed for grades K-2 classrooms. The handbook includes:
- Lessons for emergent, developing and fluent readers
- Quick ways to evaluate leveled books for group lessons, level classroom books for independent book boxes and a take-home reading program
- Practical ways to build independent readers while you teach a small group
- Extensive work station ideas that keep your students reading and writing
- Informational text comprehension strategies
- Classroom design strategies to foster peer collaboration and choice
- Whole class and small group instructional strategies
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in differentiated reading strategies to enhance their reading programs.
Linda Klotz will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own classroom reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.