Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Combine Whole Group Instruction with Powerful Centers to Increase Learning (PreK-Kindergarten)
Presented by Carolyn McMahon
SpecificallyDesigned for Educators Working with Pre-K and Kindergarten Children: Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Practical, timesaving strategies to increase the impact of your whole group lessons with linked learning centers to provide meaningful practice and application
- Strategies to make your whole group lessons more powerful for ALL students
- Classroom-proven, multi-leveled centers to extend and support whole group lessons
- Dozens of math and literacy centers for best practice of the skills and concepts you teach your pre-k and kindergarten students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
One lesson for all? Absolutely yes! If we provide dynamic lessons, questions, and time for student interaction, we can make the most of our time and increase the effectiveness of whole group teaching. There is simply not enough time to teach everything in small groups, and there is great benefit to students learning together with all their peers. The key is planning whole group lessons that quickly grab attention, retain it through thoughtful questioning and prompting, and finding ways that every student can engage and respond. Once we have set students up for success, they can practice and apply the learned skills in meaningful learning centers.
Join Carolyn McMahon for this NEW, fast-paced seminar where she will share how to structure your whole group instruction for the greatest impact and what learning centers can best provide practice and application of skills and concepts taught. She will give you dozens of ideas, resources and strategies for reading, writing and math lessons and centers that you will be able to immediately implement in your own pre-k-kindergarten classroom. You won’t want to miss how you can teach and reach more in the limited time you have with your young learners!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to More Effectively Teach Whole Group Lessons in Your Pre-K – Kindergarten Classroom
Identify the key components needed to teach powerful whole group lessons … What works and ways to engage all your students
- Efficiently Create Learning Centers that Support Whole Group Instruction
Whole group lessons need practical learning centers that provide students practice and extension of learning … Numerous timesaving ideas for creating meaningful learning centers
- What is Best Taught in Whole Groups and Practiced in Centers
There isn’t enough time to teach everything in small groups and many concepts are best explored through whole group discussion … What makes the best sense and is the best use of time
- Specific Ways to Introduce Skills and Concepts
Teaching whole group can be an efficient and very effective way to get students started on a skill or concept … How to make the most of your whole group time
- Questioning Techniques to Actively Engage More Students
Learn and practice questioning techniques to prompt interest, thinking and curiosity … How to get more students actively listening and thinking in whole group lessons
- Easy Math Center Ideas to Support and Enhance Student Learning
Math center ideas that address counting and cardinality, operations and algebraic thinking, numbers and operations, measurement and data, and geometry
- Literacy Centers that are Quick, Easy and Effective for Independent Practice
Dozens of reading and writing activities to engage students in individual practice and application of the literacy lessons you teach … Free and easy-to-get resources
- Differentiation Ideas to Meet Your Students at Their Level of Learning
Specific ideas to differentiate your reading, writing and math centers to meet the wide range of readiness and learning levels of your pre-k and kindergarten students
- See Whole Group Lessons Modeled
See and learn from modeled lessons in math, reading and writing designed just for pre-k and kindergarten students
- Best Children’s Literature for Math and Literacy to Use in Whole Group Lessons and Centers
Numerous book suggestions and a comprehensive list that will meet math and literacy standards … Using books to jumpstart your lessons
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Make the most of your instructional time using whole group instructional strategies and learning centers that provide meaningful practice
- Dozens of different ways to effectively teach whole group lessons and support individual students through connected centers
- Structure your whole group lessons using a student-proven framework
- How to hook your reluctant and struggling learners through whole group instruction
- Dozens of learning center ideas that link directly to literacy and math standards you teach
- Multiple questioning and engagement strategies to keep all your students actively involved during whole group instruction
- Understand how to work with the different learning styles of students
- Use quality literature in your whole group instruction to grab students’ attention
- Free or low-cost materials to create dozens of learning centers
- How you can develop multi-level learning centers to address student learning needs
- Math center ideas that address counting and cardinality, operations and algebraic thinking, numbers and operations, measurement and data, and geometry
- Literacy centers that are quick, easy and effective for independent practice
- Dozens of fiction and nonfiction titles perfect for whole group read alouds
- Strategies to help your young students process what you are teaching
- Classroom-proven centers to extend and support whole group lessons
- Jumpstart learning with effective whole group lessons and increase the influence of center work to see greater results with your pre-k and kindergarten students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Our day in pre-k and kindergarten simply flies by! It seems like every time I look at the clock another 15 minutes is gone and I have more to teach, more lessons to share, more standards to address.
Let’s get a handle on what we need to do effectively and soundly by using quality and proven whole group lessons with our students. There’s not enough time to teach everything we need to teach in small groups! We can get students thinking and actively engaged using short, whole group lessons followed by meaningful centers that provide practice or extension. By capturing the attention of our students with strong and powerful lessons, we can get more done and actually increase the influence of center work and see greater results with our students.
Here’s a sample of what we will cover during this day:
- What whole group instruction should include and how it can be done with greater impact
- How whole group lessons can benefit more students
- Modeled lessons in reading, writing and math
- Connected and ready-to-go centers that are quick and easy to prepare for practice and extension of our lessons
- A dozen different ways to effectively teach whole group lessons and support individual students through connected centers
I look forward to meeting you at this fast-paced day that is filled with strategies and activities you can use with your young students right away! Teaming quick and powerful whole group lessons with centers will increase your students’ learning and give you more time!
P.S. You will also receive my extensive resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas, activities, and resources you will be able to use or adapt immediately in your own pre-k-kindergarten classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators Working with Pre-K and Kindergarten Children: Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Research-based information on the usefulness and importance of quality whole group instruction
- Versatile, literature-based, ready-to-use lesson plans in language arts, writing, reading, and mathematics from read alouds to exit notes
- Characteristics of an effective whole group lesson
- Easy to prepare and use classroom centers that capitalize on prior whole group instruction
- Multiple strategies and techniques to present unique and streamlined lessons to ALL students in a whole group setting
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using whole group instructional strategies and learning centers to see greater results with their pre-k and kindergarten students.
Carolyn McMahon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own pre-k or kindergarten program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.