101 Mini-Lessons to Strengthen Your
Designed for Educators Working With Preschool and Kindergarten Children: Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Headstart Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- 101 mini-lessons designed specifically for preschool and kindergarten with hear it today, use it tomorrowstrategies for your young learners
- Ready-to-use classroom-proven learning center activities to support the mini-lessons
- Dozens of tools and strategies to link mini-lessons with well-loved and cherished children’s literature titles
- Demonstrations of a variety of listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities that will strengthen and enhance all areas of your curriculum
- Receive an extensive resource handbook with the best of the best strategies, activities, ideas, and literature suggestions for mini‑lessons you can use immediately in your preschool and kindergarten classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What could be better than a day spent learning over 100 mini-lessons and strategies designed just for your preschool or kindergarten classroom? This seminar is designed to do just that!
Carolyn McMahon has organized and created a day filled with practical, hands‑on, minds-on, ready-to-go mini-lessons for use in all areas of the curriculum, along with learning center ideas to go with the mini-lessons. You will leave with dozens of practical strategies to help all your preschool and kindergarten students become engaged in learning wherever they are in their development. Most importantly, the lessons and literature links can be easily adapted to meet your students’ needs and require minimum preparation time and maximum learning for all your students.
Whether you are new to teaching or an experienced teacher, you will take home a wealth of new ideas you can use in your classroom immediately to help your students achieve success and confidence in learning!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- 101 Practical, Ready-To-Use Mini-Lessons and Strategies Just for Preschool and Kindergarten Classrooms
Discover how you can use mini-lessons with your preschoolers and kindergartners to develop their skills in all areas of the curriculum … Strategies that take little time to plan and are highly effective and motivating
- Easy and Ready-To-Use Learning Center Ideas to Increase Independent Learning and Scaffold Your Young Learners
Ideas to encourage independent learning in center-based activities as a follow-up to teaching mini-lessons … Center ideas for all areas of the curriculum, perfect for preschool and kindergarten classrooms
- Meeting the Needs of All Your Preschool and Kindergarten StudentsMeet the diverse learning styles and needs of your students with innovative activities and strategies … Learn how to help all your students make progress and learn wherever they are in their development
- Grab and Go! Create Inexpensive Classroom Materials
Discover low-cost teaching aids you can easily make yourself … Materials to support and enhance your teaching and motivate young students
- Mini-Lesson Ideas for Using Children’s Literature in Your Classroom
Create and adapt mini-lessons for any age-appropriate literature found in your classroom … Utilize the books you already have to help your students get the best possible start in learning and discover new titles you won’t want to miss
- Reinforce Math, Science and Social Studies Concepts with Center Activities to Support Your Mini-Lessons
Discover new, ready-to-use learning centers that reinforce the skills and concepts you teach in math, science and social studies … Center ideas that are easy to prepare and engaging for your students
- Teaching Throughout the Day with Integrated Mini-Lessons
Simple and effective activities to review and reinforce skills in all the areas you teach … Mini-lessons to use from the start to the very end of your day
- Thinking Beyond Paper and Pencil
How to use mini-lessons in speaking, listening and reading aloud as well as in shared, modeled and interactive writing to get your youngest students to move toward independent learning
- Standards, Benchmarks and Objectives
Numerous mini-lessons that are designed to clearly meet a variety of basic standards and benchmarks … Student-proven mini-lessons to strengthen your skills program
- Helping Young Learners with 101 IDEAS!
Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with classroom-ready materials to help you immediately implement mini-lesson activities into your preschool and kindergarten classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 highly effective mini-lessons to help your students develop the key skills they need for a successful start in preschool and kindergarten
- Dozens of center ideas, strategies and tips you can use immediately in your preschool and kindergarten classroom
- How to begin using mini-lessons tomorrow with ready-to-use ideas and strategies just for preschool and kindergarten
- Classroom-proven strategies to scaffold your students as they develop key skills and independence
- Ways to enhance your literacy program using mini-lessons connected to classic children’s literature
- Ideas to encourage independent learning using centers to support the skills and concepts you teach
- Numerous ideas to cross the curriculum in science, social studies and math using mini-lesson strategies and techniques
- Social skills mini-lessons that are perfect for a diverse population of the youngest learners
- Ways to create a classroom environment that captures teachable moments using a variety of mini-lessons
- Innovative ways to engage your preschool and kindergarten students using creative and easy-to-use strategies
- Ways to promote reading, writing, listening, and speaking through easy-to-use and relevant mini-lessons
- How to share mini-lessons with parents in order to encourage and support learning at home
- How to assess and evaluate mini-lessons using simple techniques and responses, both oral and written
- A variety of practical, hands-on mini-lessons, strategies and demonstrations to boost learning
- How to create and use inexpensive classroom materials to motivate your students
- 101 practical, hands-on strategies, ideas and demonstrations to help you strengthen your current preschool or kindergarten program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Carolyn McMahon
Teaching our preschool and kindergarten students is simply HARD WORK! There are so many things to do and to teach each and every day ... and so little time. As a teacher myself, I know that each day is carefully planned to use the best practices of teaching and the best lessons designed to make every moment in the classroom count.
Join me for a day that is “Mini-Lesson Perfect!” I’ll move seamlessly across the content areas of reading, language arts, math, social studies, and science as I model and align dozens and dozens of mini-lessons with the National Standards in these curriculum areas. Having taught throughout the country, I know that these mini-lessons are valid, teacher tested, and will address familiar standards and benchmarks.
Here is a sampler of our day together:
- Modeled lessons that will have a positive impact on your classroom teaching
- Read-aloud titles that are perfect for helping your young learners participate through listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Ready-to-go literacy centers that connect with classic children’s literature pieces read aloud, and moving students toward independent reading and writing
- Fabulous finger plays that teach literacy, math, and social skills
- Simple songs sung to familiar tunes that teach memory skills in math, science and social studies
- Micro-Mini Lessons that teach a specific skill quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly with little preparation
Join me for a fast-paced day filled with mini-lessons and activities you can truly use tomorrow in your classroom. Come ready to sing, dance, move, and share a day packed with fun, laughter, smiles, and ready-to-use ideas!
P.S. You will also receive a fantastic resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies and lessons that you can use immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with preschool and kindergarten children: Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Headstart Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Center ideas perfect for preschool or kindergarten
- Mini-lessons for all areas of your classroom curriculum
- Children’s literature titles to use with mini-lessons
Materials on Display
On display will be sample materials and student work to illustrate the strategies and ideas presented in this seminar.
Carolyn McMahon will be available during the seminar to answer individual questions and discuss the unique needs of your classroom.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.